The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP

I'll definetly be there but I really can't commit to drag racing at this point in time as I have no idea what state the car will be in, maybe in a month I'll probably have a better understanding.

There is less than a month left!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its also the lack of people willing to organise events that is causing the problems. Lui is always there for events, and I'm doing more of them now just to keep them going.

I will organise a pub meet or two in the coming months, and perhaps a trip out to Thurxton for the classic F1 thing thats going on there.

The meets are something I'm really enjoying now.

I have no problem helping organise pub meets but obviously location ect will play a part to it to some degree although I don't mind travelling within reason, rather than a full forum meet what about a slightly more regional meets for local members that cover the option of a few local counties with a swap around of location each month so members in that area get the benefit of a local meet every 3rd month say?

I know Dodgey rog was planning a meet down near the Weymouth/Portland area but due to the possible Dragoncol/colinball event maybe a few people are keeping ideas to themselves to save clases in dates ect.

I have no problem helping organise pub meets but obviously location ect will play a part to it to some degree although I don't mind travelling within reason, rather than a full forum meet what about a slightly more regional meets for local members that cover the option of a few local counties with a swap around of location each month so members in that area get the benefit of a local meet every 3rd month say?

I know Dodgey rog was planning a meet down near the Weymouth/Portland area but due to the possible Dragoncol/colinball event maybe a few people are keeping ideas to themselves to save clases in dates ect.

graham you couldnt organise a mothers meeting let alone a group of G's with some bad arse whips ;)

Id rather keep my supra, its just the meets seem to be getting thin on the ground, the excitement around the meets seems to be gone, ive hardly used it this year, no ace cafe meets anymore, the fairmile bbq is gone an all, i wish i had done dragonball now.

I wish I had done dragonball too and I hopefully will next year, Surely this is more of a reason to see what happens with Dragoncol or the uk gumball idea.

I think its also the lack of people willing to organise events that is causing the problems. Lui is always there for events, and I'm doing more of them now just to keep them going.

I will organise a pub meet or two in the coming months, and perhaps a trip out to Thurxton for the classic F1 thing thats going on there.

The meets are something I'm really enjoying now.

A big summer pub BBQ meet is whats needed to restore the love :)

Whats dragoncol about?

When I posted the thread about a uk Gumball event Jb said he was planning a meet for Cj to experience a mass supra event again at some point although he said the Gumball idea was different and a point to point trip over what he was thinking of, I thought maybe a Cj forum meet could be a good laugh and a better idea in general hence a mass meet/drive and hopefully top it off with a massive forum BBQ/party/pee up would be a great idea over us all driving around a country we all live in.

Suprapod is THE club event of the year.

I will be there for my third consecutive year, I enjoy the event and would enjoy it even more if I knew who was who?

My excuse is; I am hoping to buy a run ticket instead of a spectators ticket if I can get it done in time.