The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fast and Furious Replica (Orange Supra) - Take 2

pbryant_knight

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does look good but side by side you can see that the aero tops graphics look more stretched and the green on the rear looks different, does your graphics have the mirrored effect on bud ?

Yeah, has the mirror chrome ihn the right places. I've altered some of the green ones (the dual strips on the bottom) today to be more screen accurate. The Knight will do until i can get them re-designed and re-printed.

I'd really love to get more accurate Alloys but the mesh is screen accurate (on the grille anyway which is why i painted the side mesh black as i couldn't get it off easily). You can see the mesh at the start of the race Wars scene.

Appreciate the comments about the number plate and when i get a prtivate reg it will be smaller but like i say, i had a 7 month running battle with guidance going back and forth and would really just like to not have that happen again lol.

Bearing in mind the green may look slightly different as we're lacking in deserts in the UK :( ha ha!

I love this build! Looks so nice& visually aside from lowering slightly(dependant on local speed bumps) it looks pretty damn close! Loving it :D

And know what you mean with the police. Was stopped a week or 2 ago due to the Boardom bug& told my number plate wasn't legal despite quoting government legislation. And passed the 7 day performer and went straight to bill through the post... Now changed to save hassle.but next time my keys are getting launched& I'll walk home! Teddy well& truely out the pram! Ha ha!

Might be worth printing the guidelines off as stated above& keeping in glove box though dude???

• 4 weeks later...

It's good as it has a speedo on it and my dash is in KM lol. Saves me having to mess about with converters and stuff.

the DVD player was a total PITA. as the dash panel sits over the front of the stereo, the hinges kept hitting the dash panel. I then tried swapping the coin tray over and having it at the bottow. The dash panel then didn't fit over due to the angle. In the end i had to make a custom mount, secure the DVD player to it and make a blanking plate for the bottom. On nearly 6 hours just on that. :(

Peter

Edited by pbryant_knight (see edit history)

How have you ran power to the sat nav?

I took a tap off the cigarette lighter switch since it's ignition switched. :)

Was nice to meet you mate car looked well nice

Was nice to meet you too Simon. even if it was Chav City at that meet lol. Can't believe you have my car, KITT, and your colour changing Supra and the Chavs were like "wow, look at that Corsa, it's got black alloys and a big Zorst like" haha. A very sad day for car enthusiasts indeed.

Peter

I took a tap off the cigarette lighter switch since it's ignition switched. :)

Was nice to meet you too Simon. even if it was Chav City at that meet lol. Can't believe you have my car, KITT, and your colour changing Supra and the Chavs were like "wow, look at that Corsa, it's got black alloys and a big Zorst like" haha. A very sad day for car enthusiasts indeed.

Peter

Which meet was that guys? Missed it. :(