The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How it got from Stock N/A to Wide TRD TT BPU -Pic Heavy

DodgyRog

A couple of pics from the JapRiders/ShellShocked photoshot and meet today. These 4 are the ShellShocked cars, by the time I remembered to take some photo's nearly everyone had gone

Totally forgot to get some pics today until the last minute and you can see it was getting a bit dark by then:rolleyes:

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cheers dude! that helps alot. will get a move tomorrow with it lol.

Well I don't have much to do this weekend after the unfortunate last minute cancelation by ShellShocked for my bonnet to be finished

So I had a good look at my options for fitting the AutoShine Carbon rear diffuser

Well I could of just made up a couple of metal brackets to go on the sides, but I am a picky sod and knew I wouldn't be happy with being able to see the bits of metal (even if painted black) hanging down

I got the Carbon bits that are designed to fit it to a none spatted rear, but due to having blended rear spats these were not an option

So I decided to get the Dremel out and start cutting Carbonfibre up:innocent:

The left over rubbish

They now curve up into the inside of the spats, then the idea is to mount the metal bracket to the top of the side bits, meaning they are pretty much invisible from the rear, unless you get under the car.

The problem I am having now, is getting everything totally square, which is proving a total nightmare when laid under the car on your own

So I have got to this stage

All that is left to do is get everything perfectly square to work out were to make the holes in the side carbon bits

Hopefully give it another go tomorrow and maybe finally get it fitted, but I might have to wait until I can get another pair of hands to help

I now have 40mm HKS lower springs sat hear, so that will help make the arches look a bit fuller, just need to save a bit of cash to pay barneybrendan to fit them and get the then necessary Geo set up done

I also have a couple of LED strips to fit, but more on that later

Would love to say congrats but damn you for buying that before me :p

On another note your car is going to look great with that fitted.

Thanks and sorry:d

40mm lower than in the pics above ?

:D

I am fairly confident the front will be okay 40mm lower as it sits about that higher than my Do-Luck used to, but I must admit I am not sure about how close the sideskirts and rear spats are going to be.

So it will be a fit and see, if it looks to low they will be straight back off

You can see in this pic, how much higher mine sits

I could do with adjustable Coilovers really, but funds won't allow at the moment, if I manage to keep the car and do a TT conversion, then I will look at Coilovers at the same time

I think the rear will look wrong if gets any lower 20" rear wheels would fill the arch's better :)

It will be just a touch lower than it is sitting here (fully loaded with lugage, full tank of fuel etc at the begining of the Dragonba11

20 inch rims, are you trying to get me banned

Just out of interest, before I do it if I feel the need, putting the HKS lowering springs on the front only, will this cause major issues with the handling

I spent the whole of today messing around with the AutoShine rear diffuser, o my god it was a pain in the butt

I know it doesn't help that I am a perfectionist, meaning I threw away more of the brackets I made than I actually used:innocent:

Anyway I literally spent the whole day on it and managed to finish it in the dark, I have not even had the chance to wash the car this weekend due the length of time it has taken, but I managed it in the end

Everything lines up perfectly, to within a mm or so anyway and I did it all on my own with the Supra sat on the deck

Pics just taken so in the dark and dirty, no doubt I will get some better ones soon

Just done a bit of Editing on this one to remove the sign behind and the number plate in the window, it's not perfect, but not bad considering I am using the software that came with my Sony A350 Alpha

I will have a go at the one you just posted when I have a bit of spare time

• 2 weeks later...

as for colour what where you thinking of or is it a secret.

If I do get to the point of being able to do a total respray (as mentioned before) this is the sort of custom colour I am thinking of

It will be a weekend toy and show car by then, well it's a summer/weekend toy now anyway, as long as the Pug keeps going

It looks totally Black from a distance, especially on dull days, as in the first pic, but when the sun hits the curves the colour pops

I will be trying to get the colour pop a bit more red than purple though

you need a TT lump mate dont worry about the colour is looks nice as it is :)

I am not sure which to do first to be honest, I would like a bit more power, but I have never been power hungry, so it's not a priority for me

but the looks are and paint would just finish of the exterior for me, well and some better offset wheels with a decent dish

I think I can get away with one major item a year in reality, so I will decide during the summer next year, what next winters change will be

Of course if I suddenly find we are a bit flush things may happen before then (I so want JP's wheels)

I think it would be a great choice on the colour front.

I really like purple to be honest as its my favourite colour, only downside is it will show up any dirt like a black car does when it gets anything on it.

Definately worth it though for only a couple hours cleaning a week.

NB: Just found this picture in another cleaning thread I have just read, may be what your looking for with a bit more red in it.

Edited by Pudsey
NB: Added. (see edit history)

I think it would be a great choice on the colour front.

I really like purple to be honest as its my favourite colour, only downside is it will show up any dirt like a black car does when it gets anything on it.

Definately worth it though for only a couple hours cleaning a week.

NB: Just found this picture in another cleaning thread I have just read, may be what your looking for with a bit more red in it.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/todd69/RX8/16022009023.jpg

As you no mate, my Supe get cleaned really regular anyway and now it's not my daily commuter, I should be able to keep it spotless

The colout I have posted looks Black unless the sun hits it and then it only goes that Red colour on the curves, which is pretty much exactly what I am after

• 1 month later...

A couple of pics taken at the London Motor Museum Meet recently by LBM (thanks)

The bonnet is now finished, holes filled, black vents etc

Hopefully get it back to ShellShocked over the next few weeks and make a start on the rear spoiler bit, more to come on this as and when, but as usual it won't be just stuck on lol. Also plan to make a start on the headlight refurb soon and the possible custom inserts (if I don't hash it up)

Looks good mate. Just take your time with the headlights and your be fine. I'm surprised you didn't go clear lenses. Though glass does look real clean.

Like I said at plymouth, you'd blend in the wheel if they didn't move :p

Whats on the list after the boot is sorted.

Looks good mate. Just take your time with the headlights and your be fine. I'm surprised you didn't go clear lenses. Though glass does look real clean.

Like I said at plymouth, you'd blend in the wheel if they didn't move :p

Whats on the list after the boot is sorted.

Thanks Noz, all comments are alway appreciated, thats why the threads here after all

All comments are always welcome as they help to keep me moving forwards

If I didn't have the full set of HID's and had the spare cash, I would go Facelift, but for the money they cost, I personally don't think they are worth it, but for now they will be Glass with Facelift look hopefully and I will work on the customised inserts bit by bit

As for other things, I still have a list, although many silly cost things now

Wheels with the right Offsets, I have always liked the Racing Harts (5 or 6 Spoke)

So if anyone has some they fancy selling get in touch

Then the Custom Colour change

The TT engine transplant

And recently I am getting the itch for a minor ICE upgrade, proberbly just a basic Amp and replace the stock speaker system, I won't be after thumping base, so proberbly no Sub, just decent 6x9's to get better sound quality rather than stupid volume

Other than that, no doubt a few little bits here and there, but I am pretty close now