DodgyRog

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A little Update, sorry no new pics yet

The rear spats have been flatened back to give them a smoothed in look, means the OEM Spats are definately no good to anyone else now

Nearly got the square edge sorted on the sideskirts and generally it's coming together well

Both sides of the car are nearly done now, they are hoping to have it in for paint by next week, which means the Dragonba11 is a go (fingers still very crossed)

If everything goes to plan, I think I will be picking it up on the Saturday before the Dragonba11, which considering I still need to finish the interior off, is pushing my luck a touch, but least she will be okay from the outside, if I don't get the chance to finish the interior so be it

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

A little Update, sorry no new pics yet

The rear spats have been flatened back to give them a smoothed in look, means the OEM Spats are definately no good to anyone else now

Nearly got the square edge sorted on the sideskirts and generally it's coming together well

Both sides of the car are nearly done now, they are hoping to have it in for paint by next week, which means the Dragonba11 is a go (fingers still very crossed)

If everything goes to plan, I think I will be picking it up on the Saturday before the Dragonba11, which considering I still need to finish the interior off, is pushing my luck a touch, but least she will be okay from the outside, if I don't get the chance to finish the interior so be it

I think the next pics I do will be in a proper step by step thread, hopefully to completion

Good luck getting it ready. I'm picking mine up after work from the bodyshop. But I'm on holiday from tomorrow morning till the day before. So I'm cutting it close too!

Looking fantastic. Fully blended is the way forward :thumbs: Wouldn't hesitate for a second to have have mine done fully blended again.

The bolt on riveted look does absolutely nothing for me, the idea of the excesive blend and using OEM sideskirts into Veilside overfenders, is to try and make it look like it could of been done by MrT.

From the front, the front wings look like stock, just a bit wider:D which is exactly what I was after.

ShellShocked have really put so much work into this and I really hope it all works together, for them as well as me

Thats going to look really good can';t wait to see it painted :)

Hopefully it won't be much longer now.

How's yours going bud

Good luck getting it ready. I'm picking mine up after work from the bodyshop. But I'm on holiday from tomorrow morning till the day before. So I'm cutting it close too!

Ah man that must be horrible, being forced to go to Florida, instead of sorting your car lol;)

Been down again today, but I still have not got the proper photo's they have been taking as they do it step by step

So I have taken a few more myself, to be honest not much change since the last ones, except they are well into the other side

This is under the rear arch, all cut away and repainted in anti chip and sealed. They have also joined the old with the new, even where it will be out of sight

attachment.php?attachmentid=131476&d=1303758228

attachment.php?attachmentid=131478&d=1303758228

attachment.php?attachmentid=131477&d=1303758228

This is them going through the process on the other side

attachment.php?attachmentid=131484&d=1303758253

attachment.php?attachmentid=131486&d=1303758267

attachment.php?attachmentid=131485&d=1303758253

attachment.php?attachmentid=131487&d=1303758267

The side that's just waiting for a few little tweaks, but pretty much done cosmetically

attachment.php?attachmentid=131483&d=1303758253

attachment.php?attachmentid=131471&d=1303758208

attachment.php?attachmentid=131472&d=1303758208

attachment.php?attachmentid=131473&d=1303758208

attachment.php?attachmentid=131474&d=1303758208

attachment.php?attachmentid=131475&d=1303758208

attachment.php?attachmentid=131480&d=1303758228

attachment.php?attachmentid=131479&d=1303758228

attachment.php?attachmentid=131481&d=1303758253

DSC02614.jpg

DSC02615.jpg

DSC02616.jpg

DSC02617.jpg

DSC02618.jpg

DSC02619.jpg

DSC02620.jpg

DSC02621.jpg

DSC02622.jpg

DSC02623.jpg

DSC02624.jpg

DSC02625.jpg

DSC02626.jpg

DSC02627.jpg

DSC02628.jpg

DSC02629.jpg

DSC02630.jpg

looking good mate. sideskirts look odd but will look better in colour

Yeah these pics make it look a bit weird, especially because the front bumper is off.

I take it you mean the extra bulge at the front, but when the bumper is on the bump follows the the shape of the bottom of the front bumper, the idea was to continue the shape to make it look as if the parts should be together

It doe seem to work with the bumper on, hopefully when it's in paint, it will look right anyway:scared:

looks great. Mine is fully blended as well and no problems.

Well the guys at ShellShocked are confident I won't have any major issues with the blend, so fingers crossed

I am still a bit dubious about making the Dragonba11 if I am honest, I have been told again today it will be ready, although I have said I would rather miss the trip than them rush it at this stage

i think it is looking great mate! the untried combo is going to look the nuts imo!

I am still a bit apprehensive about it, but think it looks good, paint will definately help and getting it outside and being able to stand back to see the whole car

The quality of the work looks great, im really looking forward to seeing this all done, oh and the TRD bumper is a huge win over the Do-Luck jobbie

I have already said it, but I am really impressed with attention to detail and the amount of work ShellShocked are putting into it, I really never expected so much.

The Trd has been my favourite front bumper for a long as I have loved Supra's, so totally agree, but I still like the Do-Luck 2

It looks like it's taking shape nicely, looks like they're doing a brilliant job. I hope it makes the Dragonball :)

It's been a very good experience with them so far, heres hoping the paint finish lives upto the bodywork side of things

I just can't see how it's going to be ready by this time next week for the Dragonba11, I really need to pick it up late Tuesday or very early Wednesday to be able to attend the Dragonba11 and that doesn't look possible from my angle, but we will see

Looking good Rog, I'm glad you got rid of the line in the quaters :thumbs:

Yeah thanks for mentioning it Ibrar, I was not sure about the line when I saw it, but I was still in two minds and the fact you made the comment made me take the decision and it's definately the right one

^yep, this. :) coming together very nicely, the kit really is a nice choice, oem widebodyish with the trd front and oem skirts. :thumbs:

Thanks Marc, yeah the kit was a masssive gamble, but I think it's coming together

Well I have just got off the phone with Jason at ShellShocked and the cars still not in Primer

He is working on the car over the weekend to try and make sure it's ready for paint first thing Tuesday, but this is getting ridiculously tight for Wednesday night deadline for the Dragonba11:(

Going to pop in tomorrow and have a look how far off it really is

Well I have just got off the phone with Jason at ShellShocked and the cars still not in Primer

He is working on the car over the weekend to try and make sure it's ready for paint first thing Tuesday, but this is getting ridiculously tight for Wednesday night deadline for the Dragonba11:(

Going to pop in tomorrow and have a look how far off it really is

That's a pity, so close but yet so far :( I still say you should take your other car on the Dragonball if it's not finished, but fingers crossed some kind of miracle happens and he finishes in time :)

That's a pity, so close but yet so far :( I still say you should take your other car on the Dragonball if it's not finished, but fingers crossed some kind of miracle happens and he finishes in time :)

It's going to be really annoying because it could literally be a few hours.

It's looking like time between coats of paint etc and flatening is going to be the restriction with the time we have left, but I am still hoping and trying not to cut myself on the knife edge I am balanced on

I here you with the other car thing, but it won't be the same and I will proberbly be in foul mood anyway

Exactly what I'm thinking, will be very annoying considering if it isn't finished in time it will be hours of work left to do not weeks worth :( Well 6 days till Wednesday, so hopefully it'll be done by then.

Been down today and to my eyes, there is still a fair bit to do, but he is working all weekend and hoping to have it ready for main paint by end of Sunday for the spray guy to come in and lay a few coats on Monday

It does not help I have asked for a few things to be altered again LOL

Just been on the phone again and Jason at ShellShocked was working on the car until 2.30am and is back on it now.

He has the whole car in primer, but isn't happy with a couple of the curves, so is doing a bit more bodywork and he also need to do a bit of welding to do the rear wiper and washer delete

He also found late last night that the paint on the rear bumper was just able to peal off, so had been sprayed without proper keying, so he is having to strip it right back instead of a quick key, more of his time gone

Anyway he is hoping to have the main car in undercoat tonight, so the lads can flatten it first thing in the morning and then do first paint

This will leave him free to do a few little thing on the the boot lid and get the doors and bumpers ready in undercoat by dinner time

I think he is even starting to think time is running out and I am starting to think I won't make the Dragonba11, up until now I was still in the back of my mind thinking it would be okay, but a bit tight.

Now I think realistically Friday at best, although Jason is still saying late Wednesday early Thursday

hope u get it sorted mate, its looking awesome without any paint, its gonna be a treat when its finished. what arches are they?

Thanks mate, hopefully you will get to see it at the services before Japfest, well it better be ready by then:taped:

The arches were Veilside overfenders from Ibrar at Speedwells, but they have had a serious amount of work, not because of fitment issues, but because of the fact I did not want it to look like we had just put on Veilside overfenders. The fronts have had a massive amount of blending and extra fibreglass to make them look almost stock from the front, well wider stock;)

The pics really don't show the amount of extra work that has been done by ShellShocked, they really have made new panels almost, it's been impressive