• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looks awesome bud! :thumbs:
Thanks Marc

Nice!:cool:

Needs a set of facelift lights all round for my money, but great looking car non the less!

I am happy with the rears, but I am not sure what to do about the fronts as they need the inserts sorting due to flacking. I don't think Facelifts will work and I have a full HID set based on UK Glass one's, so would be a really expensive change. I might look at getting new Glass ones later in the year

After the weekends Dragonball I am really happy with the feedback from everyone and I am so chuffed I took the risk of ripping my perfectly good Supra apart to try something different

Hopefully get it taken apart and back together in time for next weekends Japfest now:rolleyes:

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

looking good now.

Thanks Brendan, just hope I am well enough for Japfest, you can have a proper look then

Hoping to pick it up from ShellShocked on Thurday evening or Friday morning, then I guess it will need a proper clean again for the early start Saturday, just hope I can shift this Bronchitis and sinus infection in time

looking good but i would of flushed the front wing like a facelift and got rid of that indicator

It was the original plan to put the facelift bumper indicators in, but due to the cost of them and the build going 3x over my original budget they were dropped, also I am not really a fan of the facelift bumper indicators, they always look a bit chunky to me

I am hoping in a couple off years, when the next stage of the build starts, to be able to get the Carbonfibre Ganador mirrors with indicators built in

Rog, it looked stunning on the Dragonball, truly stunning!

The combination you choose was spot on and got a lot of admiring looks whilst in France! :thumbs:

Thanks Abz, that's great to hear from someone that's actually seen her in the flesh, I am really happy with the outcome and feel it's been a gamble that has paid off thankfully

There were so many awesome Supra's on the Dragonba11, considering there was only 20 odd, there were some stunners

get some pics up dude u changed ur avatar thats just a teeease!

I put some up earlier from the Dragonba11, but just for you;)

That's all the pics I have at the moment and it's back at the bodyshop now having the final bits sorted, hopefully for Japfest

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

hopefully, be sweet to see that arse in front of me ;) the spat blending came out a treat. not blending the rear bumper actually makes the whole thing look better IMO. a 100% blended is nice, but without the lines some of the cars main features are hidden, having those lines there gives the car depth. im always unsure if ive ever wanted the high spointer, but on a silver car it looks friggin awesome.

my first thought when i saw that spoiler was `dam im respraying my car` ;) is it carbon?

I did consider it, but funds are ridiculously short now, I won't be able to spend anything of any amount for some time

Engine transplant is the next thing or some huge dish wheels to fill the widearch without spacers if some decent 2nd hand ones appear

I still drive the car daily at the moment, so have to still be reasonable on the cost of the mods

• 3 months later...
Im liking it apart from how the front arch meets the oem skirt design, could of made it flowed better imo, but they just cut the veilside and blended it in :(

wow you worked hard ha ha looks good, not a fan of them side skirts but the rest is gorgeous and them arches looks the bollox

Well she is back at ShellShocked this week having some bits done, including sorting the the front end of the sideskirts. It's actually a lot more work than it looks due to this area giving a lot of the strength to the overfender, but Jared seems to have worked out a way of sorting it for a reasoonable cost

Looks fantastic mate!

Thanks

We were talking about long term at the bodyshop yesterday and TT transplant is next, but then (assuming I have a daily runner by then) is a colour change think I have decided on a custom paint job of Black with a colour change to a deep vibrant red in the sun

The idea in my head that I tried to explain to ShellShocked was looking through a large glass of Red Wine in a darkened room with a torch shining through

It should look Black from a distance except where the sun hits the curves and it will glow Red with a medium metalic flake, but the Supra has to be a weekend toy for me to go custom paint, it's just not sensible while a daily driver

Love the car Rog. Not sure about custom paint. Scratches and chips will be a nightmare to fix and match.!!

H.

Yeah that's why I didn't go down that route aready, but I am planing on getting a daily runner before the winter, so the Supra will be for fun then.

I will be make sure ShellShocked get an decent amount of paint mixed up so there is plenty spare for blowovers and resprays.

I have got used to the fact I have to spend on paint to keep it to the sort of standard I need to be happy, hopefully once she becomes a fun weekend toy I can make the paint last longer than a couple of years;)