DodgyRog

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Augh, come on Rog, you're killing us :drool:

Sorry I know it's going on and on a bit, but I don't want to show it until I can show the complete effect.

Hopefully it will be worth the wait

Looks amazing already :)

I can't wait to get the finished pics out there, absolutely love the finish we have got with this new stuff

Hmm some kind of flake I spy :sly:

I reckon dark flake purple.

No Flake at all, this is a new type of finish, the only colour used is a black base, then a colorless magic dust/powder is mixed into lacquer. The dust is lots of microscopic prisms, so they distort the light to create the colour. The colour is different depending on the shape of the prism used

It generates a very deep rich colour with lots of depth, there are 9 layers to get this finish

The pics I have been posting are not quite true Black and White, Hue and Saturation is changed also

• 2 weeks later...
Any pics of the colour yet?

Sorry Kaan I have been ill, so have not been able to get much done, hence being a bit behind

I finally decided on the wheel colour 2 weekends ago, so we have been waiting for the wheel paint to arrive, it arrived today, so they will be painted tomorrow

I will collect them Saturday and then put them back together at home and return them the following Saturday, so that should be when I can get some photo's sorted

The Supra is pretty much finished, I just need to bleed the brakes and put the Interior Trim Panels back in and give everything a good clean (to my standard, not bodyshop standard ;) )

Mate, I so want it finished, I can see Dragonball just over the horizon and yet again my Supra is in bits

One month mate. You'll be beering it up this time in may. Good luck getting it back together. I still need to do the exhaust, and have a custom silencer put in. Can't see it happening.

One month mate. You'll be beering it up this time in may. Good luck getting it back together. I still need to do the exhaust, and have a custom silencer put in. Can't see it happening.

I just need to get it home now, so I can do the bits I want to sort before Dragonball, hopefully have it on the drive a week Saturday

I wasn't going to bother putting up anymore Black and White pics, but Jad has finished the flattening today, apparently it is mega shiny

He has also painted the wheel centres today, they were stripped to bare metal first, I have not seen them yet as he forgot to take any pics

such a tease

I know, but we are nearly there

my wheels look like they may need a clean lol

That's why your wheels are on there and not mine ;)

Well I thought I would treat you all to some pics of the wheel colour, in the Sun they will go a bit more Copper and Gold

So here's a few pics I got today

They look cool. Very unique. Should play off the wood effect colour nicely.

It took me ages to find a colour that worked with the body colour and that I liked

I didn't want anything to bright that would take anything away from the main bodywork, but I also didn't want something that would disappear

In all honesty the pics of the car or the wheels just doesn't do this new finish any justice at all, if I get time tomorrow I will get a little walk around Video (only the wheels though lol)

Looking good Rog.

Are you going to put any protective coating on the new paintwork.

Or just the usual polish and wax.

I was going to Quartz it Mark, but due to time restraints it is going to have to be done later, probably next winter, as we are already planning a couple of bits of work for next winter:innocent:

such tease with the pic's rog:limp:

I wasn't originally going to post pics of the wheels in colour, but thought it was getting a bit prolonged now:blink:

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

I was going to Quartz it Mark, but due to time restraints it is going to have to be done later, probably next winter, as we are already planning a couple of bits of work for next winter:innocent:

I wasn't originally going to post pics of the wheels in colour, but thought it was getting a bit prolonged now:blink:

So is the colour of the car the same colour as the wheels ?

So is the colour of the car the same colour as the wheels ?

No, it's not the same colour at all

I collected the wheel centres while down at Dip Demons today and took some more pics, but in the Sun this time, shows how different the finish is in Sunshine