The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How it got from Stock N/A to Wide TRD TT BPU -Pic Heavy

DodgyRog

Well a little update from the bodyshop tonight

Jad has painted the door and boot shuts, also he has done the engine bay, mirrors and door handles

So I have seen lots of pics of the colour for the first time, other than on a little speed shape

It is very bling and full on, but very much going to be a true show car now

I have to say I love it, the rest of the Supra won't be in paint for a few weeks now as Jad has a couple of other cars he needs to complete

I have seen a few pics of another car with the same or very similar paint, but lets just say it is at totally the other end of the money stakes in Supercar ownership terms

To be honest, I really want to see it finished, but I still have a lot of things to sort on my end, so could do with all the extra time I can get at this point

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone would have thought they are doing a big job, how long does it take to give it a quick spray with the Halfords rattle cans? ;)

The joys of getting it done for less than half price

Mine has to sit in the corner so Jad can earn some money from proper customers lmao

I need to get down there and do a few jobs on the Supra to be honest

Jad also wants to go over the outside with me, to make sure I am happy with everything before he starts laying any colour down

Really can't wait to see pictures but definitely hold off until it's done!

I am not going to post a teaser, it's pointless and will be a much better effect when it's totally finished

I keep going back and looking at the pics I have, might have to do the 80 mile round trip on Saturday to have a look in person lol

Loving it more everytime I go back and look again

Got a load more pics sent and a video

Did a screen shot showing the door shuts painted, teaser pic below:innocent:

All the shuts are now painted and lacquered, as well as the engine bay

Jad wants me to go down and start some of the reassembling of the interior trims and engine bay, but my back is screwed again at the minute, so hoping I will be okay for next Saturday

Well spent the day at Dip Demons today, first time I have seen the colour in person other than the original speed shape we did

Not disappointed in the final colour at all, really happy with it, it's certainly a big show colour

Spent the day putting on a Oil Filter Housing and Heat Exchanger, it was completely missing when WhifBitz did the engine transplant, hence my oil looking black after a few hundred miles. Not a good idea to run a Supra with no oil cooling unless you plan to change the oil every couple of weeks

What a pig of a job that is and to make it even worse, the jubilee that is the hardiest to get to decided to spread, so won't tighten, will need to try and get another one on in a couple weeks time when I an down there again

Going to spend tomorrow polishing the last couple of bits of pipe, re-polish the Power Steering Reservoir, I am also going to redo the Intercooler side tanks, as I am not happy with the finish on them at the moment

Then I only have the Wheels to polish back up and the polishing should be complete I think ;)

Plan is to spend every Saturday in March down at Jad's putting the Engine Bay and Interior back together

Supra should be in paint by mid March ish, depending on other jobs

Spent the day putting on a Oil Filter Housing and Heat Exchanger, it was completely missing when WhifBitz did the engine transplant, hence my oil looking black after a few hundred miles. Not a good idea to run a Supra with no oil cooling unless you plan to change the oil every couple of weeks

I assume they made you aware that it was missing? :blink:

Great to hear the car is progressing, looking forward to seeing what colour you've chosen :)

I assume they made you aware that it was missing? :blink:

Great to hear the car is progressing, looking forward to seeing what colour you've chosen :)

No WhifBitz never mentioned a few things that were missing or wrong

LeeP at SRD sorted most of the issues when I had to replace the knackered Turbo's it came with, but he didn't have a Filter Housing or Exchanger, so it had to wait until I could source and do it myself, in the mean time I have just been doing regular Oil changes, but it doesn't do massive mileage anymore anyway

I may get a few haters on the colour, it's not a typical Supra colour but I love it

Man you are lucky to have your supra resprayed quick mines been a disaster after 8 months!

I am quite lucky as Jad has been working on my Supra for 5 years, he does something every winter pretty much

It helps he uses it for promotion with his Rex, so he has a reason to make it special

Why is yours causing such problems

No WhifBitz never mentioned a few things that were missing or wrong

LeeP at SRD sorted most of the issues when I had to replace the knackered Turbo's it came with, but he didn't have a Filter Housing or Exchanger, so it had to wait until I could source and do it myself, in the mean time I have just been doing regular Oil changes, but it doesn't do massive mileage anymore anyway

I may get a few haters on the colour, it's not a typical Supra colour but I love it

I appreciate there's always two sides to every story but I wouldn't be a happy customer, this is half the reason I've learnt to work on my cars myself because if you cant trust some of the professionals then who can you trust!?

At least SRD sorted it out for you though! :)

I had one of mine painted yelllow, who cares if other people like it or not as long as it floats your boat (and it's not pink) :D

- - - Updated - - -

Quit all this talking and put up a picture already!

Glad to hear your happy with it mate, cant wait to see it.

This!