The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jakes Sz supra build- The details count

ripped_fear

Yea I seen it mate already I had a little calculator session in my head trying to work out where I could pinch the money.

I don't trust unbranded wastegates. I don't want to over boost. Running high compression with boost and no water injection to cool it is just asking for detonation, and if it over boosts who knows what can happen. I'm buying a water/meth kit to hopefully cool down the fuel temps, buying it from barnybrenden and will talk to Ryan about fitting it next year sometime and trying to tune it in. If possible I'd like to use water to give my engine a safer tune. In a perfect world I'd aim for 10psi as with stock internals and compression that just nuts but it all depends on the tune friday, if I even get to friday and whats possible there after.

I'd rather just get it running and upgrade from there. I probably should of got trick components first, but all comes down to money as you already know mate!

What's the progress on your cover from Parry, body shop given you a quote for repair yet?

Progress is the claim is now being put through to see if it qualifys for refund. Can take up to about a month so just go to be patient. I'm not going to do anything to it until i know where I stand as I don't know if they will want to see it before any repair takes place. I don't hold out much hope getting anything back if I'm honest as the item was supposed to be unwrapped and checked before signed for. :( I didn't know that nor did my parents when they signed for it, but you live and learn.

As for a cost of repair there wont be any its just a case of time to do it for myself and my dad :) It does come in handy having a dad as a paint sprayer :D

you make very valid pointsabout your turbo kit if it have been me I think I would have just waited until I could have afforded a branded kit but as long as you upgrade your bits over time you shouldnt run in to any problems. At least you get the extra bhp for now, and you get something to do modifying wise for the near future.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The wastegate was the weak point for me in the build. The turbo may not be the highest performance or the most expensive, but I didn't want to fork out until I knew it was a good runner, without that confidence I just didn't want to take the risk. When it runs at 400bhp nicely, Il get a decent wastegate and get water injection. Job done!

What are your next big buys? Obviously you have big plans like we all do :)

The wastegate was the weak point for me in the build. The turbo may not be the highest performance or the most expensive, but I didn't want to fork out until I knew it was a good runner, without that confidence I just didn't want to take the risk. When it runs at 400bhp nicely, Il get a decent wastegate and get water injection. Job done!

What are your next big buys? Obviously you have big plans like we all do :)

400bhp will be very nice should feel like a completely different car, im sure it will work out great. Are you still running the W58?

My next big buys that is a bit of a difficult one, i want my next purchse to be a shine auto carbon rear diffuser but I still cant find a second hand one. But apart from that I'm just going to be doing small things under the bonnet plus fitt all off the bits i have kicking around the house. I have got to do my LED conversion soon aswell, not a big buy but a fair bit of work :D

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while since I did anything update wise, and I now have two weeks booked of work so if I get some dry weather I'm going to get back onto working on the old girl.

Also got a couple of little bits for Christmas which will be making an appearance too.

Got the tools, a pile of bits, and my Girlfreinds SLR sat ready so keep watching :)

Ok spent most the day cleaning it today, but did get chance to put my new dust caps on and paint the igniter, I got a badge for Christmas so stuck that on it, and I'm not please with how its come out, looks cheap so it will be coming off, but the weather turned so I had to leave it on for now.

pics-

All Clean :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=143836&stc=1&d=1325707866

attachment.php?attachmentid=143834&stc=1&d=1325707866

attachment.php?attachmentid=143835&stc=1&d=1325707866

attachment.php?attachmentid=143837&stc=1&d=1325707866

attachment.php?attachmentid=143838&stc=1&d=1325707866

attachment.php?attachmentid=143839&stc=1&d=1325707893

attachment.php?attachmentid=143840&stc=1&d=1325707893

attachment.php?attachmentid=143841&stc=1&d=1325707893

DSCF4435.jpg

DSCF4436.jpg

DSCF4437.jpg

DSCF4439.JPG

DSCF4440.JPG

DSCF4443.jpg

DSCF4444.JPG

DSCF4445.jpg

Hope you put a little WD40 in those valve cap threads mate so they don't seize!;)

Looks clean!:)

Thanks mate believe me that's not a mistake I will make twice. I already had a set of them on the wheels and one did sieze, and I had put the anti chav theft thing in it, we had to drill it off, this time all is good :)

Im not taken on that sticker being on the ignitor mate. It also gets pretty hot. I love your bay, I think the bay is looking sweet, but I don't think that suits. Not knocking it, as I like the sticker, its a 3D one I assume?

I think it would be better suited to the dash maybe...?

Im not taken on that sticker being on the ignitor mate. It also gets pretty hot. I love your bay, I think the bay is looking sweet, but I don't think that suits. Not knocking it, as I like the sticker, its a 3D one I assume?

I think it would be better suited to the dash maybe...?

Yeah looks cheap and tacky, it aint staying. The rain came so I just shut the bonnet and forgot about it.

But gunna do some more tommorow so its coming off then. Got a new idea for the igniter now.

And yeah its a embled plastic type decal.