Jakes Sz supra build- The details count

ripped_fear

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thing is if the guy has sent it damaged how would you know. did the box look damaged? it should be an easy fix, support behind it and smooth over the crack. if they charge you anything more than £5 id want to claim it on principle

I trust the guy he seem a nice bloke, he sent pictures of it off the car before postage i have also seen pics of it on the car and it looked fine from what I can see, the box looked ok apart from a whole in the side which looked fairly recent, so probably happened in transit. It was insured for up to a 100 quid so I could claim just don't know if its worth the hasel i have never had any experience in claiming. i know what you mean about the principle of the thing and your right to be honest but im not sure if its worth the hasel.

thing is if the guy has sent it damaged how would you know. did the box look damaged? it should be an easy fix, support behind it and smooth over the crack. if they charge you anything more than £5 id want to claim it on principle

the guy is me mate, im gutted because I knew how much jake wanted this but I am glad i paid extra to have it insured I actually only charged £10 for delivery and it ended up costing me nearly £20. I sent pics of it after I removed it all in perfect condition and you can even see it was from the pics of my car when it was with rob mitchell for the wire tuck. But anyway I have told jake I will be ringing them monday and demanding a payout

show me some pictures mate, all is probably not lost.

Have a look at the pic i posted the clip is completly snapped of it. I don't want to be faffing around with it too much, I would have just repaired my own if that were the case. So we have both agreed to get it claimed on the insurance.

Thanks for the offer of taking a look dude though. I am just going to put it in the hand of the insurers and once I have my money back I am just going to get a new surround,

the guy is me mate, im gutted because I knew how much jake wanted this but I am glad i paid extra to have it insured I actually only charged £10 for delivery and it ended up costing me nearly £20. I sent pics of it after I removed it all in perfect condition and you can even see it was from the pics of my car when it was with rob mitchell for the wire tuck. But anyway I have told jake I will be ringing them monday and demanding a payout

and I appreciate it dude, :)

the guy is me mate

Jake wouldnt touch this guy he has sent me broken goods before!!

lol..... j/k

i told you would be an easy fix mate. Poor old parry has had courier issues before, like i explained yesterday, usually with plastic if its small enough to snap off its small enough to fix back on.

Jake wouldnt touch this guy he has sent me broken goods before!!

lol..... j/k

i told you would be an easy fix mate. Poor old parry has had courier issues before, like i explained yesterday, usually with plastic if its small enough to snap off its small enough to fix back on.

very good :D yeah i feel soory for the bloke as he was only trying to help me out.

and yeah it can be fixed i just didnt really want to have to do more work to it but oh well if i have to then i have to.

Right, that's it, I'm coming over to set fire to your Supe. You are making me look lazy and my car c**p. :D .

Sorry you have had a bit of ag. mate but your car is looking really good. Your hard work is paying off and I'm loving the strut brace, good work.

haha thanks bud we really have to meet soon, maybe me you and luke should meet for some Christmas or newyear drinks soon. You could set fire to it then :p thanks for the kind words dude

ive painted enough in my time, im not painting engine bay items nooo way, powder coating need to keep things the same underthere. its pretty minging the at the moment, hopefully whifbitz have it running sweet.

i want to do the cam covers, wonder how much of a pain that is

ive painted enough in my time, im not painting engine bay items nooo way, powder coating need to keep things the same underthere. its pretty minging the at the moment, hopefully whifbitz have it running sweet.

i want to do the cam covers, wonder how much of a pain that is

lol go on do it you know you want to :p its worth the work

and im sure wifbitz will have her running well. you will have to give me your opinion on your na-t im really considering going for a wifbitz kit currently :p

No mate, hoping for a bit of good (dry) weather over xmas and I will get the Interior out. Failing that I'll get the headlights out and give them a referb. Have you driven yours with the strut brace yet? If so what's it like? I was thinking of putting a front and rear one onto mine to stiffen up the ride with the roof off because the roads here are soooo bad.

No mate, hoping for a bit of good (dry) weather over xmas and I will get the Interior out. Failing that I'll get the headlights out and give them a referb. Have you driven yours with the strut brace yet? If so what's it like? I was thinking of putting a front and rear one onto mine to stiffen up the ride with the roof off because the roads here are soooo bad.

Dry weather good luck ;)

I have driven it with the brace yeah and if i'm honest if feel no difference at all, but yours being an aero it could well make a difference.

Yes mate for sure. I always liked the TRD one, reminded me of a support frame. I like the one whifbitz do, but it will all depend on how high my turbo is. I might not even be able to have one, with the combination of over head intake manifold and turbo it just might not fit.

Yes mate for sure. I always liked the TRD one, reminded me of a support frame. I like the one whifbitz do, but it will all depend on how high my turbo is. I might not even be able to have one, with the combination of over head intake manifold and turbo it just might not fit.

That's a fair point, well i may have another one soon the same style as mine but made out of metal no carbon. I may be buying a little job lot and there is a strut brace in it which obviously i don;t need. If i do get it i will drop you a pm if your interested

Do it mate, I'd be interested if there's one going on the cheap (ish). The TRD one is a bit out my price range at the moment, as I need to get this turbo running right before I start spending too much cash. Need to buy a decent wastegate, at which point considering for a new manifold will probably be in order. All depends on how I cope with boost. Probably be off the road soon anyway while it snows :(

ok I will let you know if I get the lot. the TRD one is nice but like you say fairly expensive, just so you know there is one for sale in the sale section at the moment if you do decide you are feeling flush :D

new manifold aswell! How come what is wrong with the stuff you already got?