Jakes Sz supra build- The details count

ripped_fear

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok yesterday was a nice day so I set about re doing the igniter as I was not happy with it at all. So this time I primed it sprayed it black, and clear coated it so it was nice and glossy, I also removed the screws and did them silver just so it wasn't to plain and boring. The picture does make it look a little patchy but in the picture its still drying.

Pics-

attachment.php?attachmentid=144050&stc=1&d=1326119570

I also set about fitting the batter cover I have been working on for a while, Had to make a few adjustments to it, and I made some red plastic rings into the terminal whole's. I did this to hold the fitments away from the metal and to bring a little more red into the bay.

Pics-

attachment.php?attachmentid=144048&stc=1&d=1326119570

I have also started making a template for the wings as im going to make some carbon fibre wing covers. Made the templates out of masking tape then transferred it to cardboard. These will be used when i make the actual end product.

pics-

attachment.php?attachmentid=144049&stc=1&d=1326119570

attachment.php?attachmentid=144051&stc=1&d=1326119570

And finally picture of Robs relay cover :cool:

attachment.php?attachmentid=144047&stc=1&d=1326119570

DSC_0227.JPG

DSC_0228.JPG

DSC_0230.JPG

DSC_0230zoom.jpg

DSC_0232.JPG

Bay is looking good. Can't wait to see this progress. That steering resovior been polished?

Mate when you have the dimensions for your wings covers could I have a copy, I bought a set and though they look nice the fitment is shocking, now I've bonded them down I dont want to pull them back off to get measurements :(

Bay is looking good. Can't wait to see this progress. That steering resovior been polished?

Mate when you have the dimensions for your wings covers could I have a copy, I bought a set and though they look nice the fitment is shocking, now I've bonded them down I dont want to pull them back off to get measurements :(

Cheers mate and it has been polished all be it not very well, I did it ages ago when I did the majority of the polishing.

And once I have finished the wing covers and got them as good as I can fitment wise, I will send you a copy no problem :)

Also thought I would put a couple of pictures up that I took today-

attachment.php?attachmentid=144063&stc=1&d=1326125091

attachment.php?attachmentid=144064&stc=1&d=1326125091

Will find out in the next couple of days where I stand with the radiator surround so depending on the answer I can start in the repair for that in the next few days. :) Once repaired that will be painted gloss black on all the plastic bits.

DSC_0250.jpg

DSC_0251.JPG

Thanks bud and NA-t is one way to go but if your doing it just to get a bit of bling it may not be the most cost effective method :D

Yeah :)

Was thinking of killing two birds with one stone. After 4 years of ownership the need for some boost is starting to torture me. Keeping a close eye on Paul's kit for some time now :D

Yeah :)

Was thinking of killing two birds with one stone. After 4 years of ownership the need for some boost is starting to torture me. Keeping a close eye on Paul's kit for some time now :D

yeah its a nice bit of kit, I have spoke to him about having it fitted to mine, still considering it, he is bring out a slightly more updated version of the kit sometime this month. Depending how it turns out make me decide weather to na-t mine or sell her on and buy a TT6

Pull your finger out dude, :p get it to ibar for those red covers! ;)

I made a start just on my break. Removed a couple of stickers that were looking tatty (the one from the cam cover showing which oil to use and the one off the top air feed as it was slightly coming off). I'll give it all a good clean at the weekend and see what we can do.

I had a look on Ebay and there's a carbon fibre spark plug cover calling me, but as you say, it would need the Ferrari red cam covers to compliment it ;)

I made a start just on my break. Removed a couple of stickers that were looking tatty (the one from the cam cover showing which oil to use and the one off the top air feed as it was slightly coming off). I'll give it all a good clean at the weekend and see what we can do.

I had a look on Ebay and there's a carbon fibre spark plug cover calling me, but as you say, it would need the Ferrari red cam covers to compliment it ;)

Would look nice that mate! love carbon covers when I get a TT it what i want, if you want a chrome power steering cover I have one at home, it wont work on the NA as it sits to close to the pullys.

one of these- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stainless-Power-Steering-Bottle-Cover-Toyota-Supra-Mk4-/220516818877?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3357d39fbd#ht_500wt_946

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)