Jakes Sz supra build- The details count

ripped_fear

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

haha what do you mean the shots i have seen you post in the past look great! + the custom work you have done like your pillar pod look awesome.

just seen your comment :D thanks dude. i took my pod out and my dad dropped it... so now have a massive crack in it! winter project will be to modify it further and make a pod like no other!!

you've got me ordering new bolts for mine now lol want that clean look, i am copying your style hope you dont mind ;)

just seen your comment :D thanks dude. i took my pod out and my dad dropped it... so now have a massive crack in it! winter project will be to modify it further and make a pod like no other!!

you've got me ordering new bolts for mine now lol want that clean look, i am copying your style hope you dont mind ;)

shame about your pod mate thats a shame after all the work!.

Glad to here i have inspired you to open your wallet! all spending on a supra is ok in my book!

thanks guys the work is on hold now as she is off on hol with me and the girlfriend tommorow morning.

Shes all cleaned up 2 days cleaning and its spotless.

While i'm away the strut brace has gone off to the paint shop to have the ends sorted.

and the dash panels have gone off to be finished thanks to my dad :p

Once I get back i am going back on a spending sprea and the work will continue :D

thanks dude and already i do, im thinking of scrapping the whole idea of buying a TT next year as they are loosing money like nobodys business. I may just carry on making the NA look perfect, im thinking dress the engine bay up loads, wire tuck and possibly na-t. And im going to make the old girl look how i wanted my tt to look like from the outside and if a TT apears at the right money i will just transfer it all accros.

the na-t or na-tt would only come after everything else

thanks dude and already i do, im thinking of scrapping the whole idea of buying a TT next year as they are loosing money like nobodys business. I may just carry on making the NA look perfect, im thinking dress the engine bay up loads, wire tuck and possibly na-t. And im going to make the old girl look how i wanted my tt to look like from the outside and if a TT apears at the right money i will just transfer it all accros.

the na-t or na-tt would only come after everything else

thats pretty much what I did works out more expensive but then you have the car exactly how you want it and you appritiate it more I think. I would go na-tt if you think you may want a big single in the future or if not then id probably go na-t

thats pretty much what I did works out more expensive but then you have the car exactly how you want it and you appritiate it more I think. I would go na-tt if you think you may want a big single in the future or if not then id probably go na-t

see i was originally going the na-tt route but i decided against it and tbh its still not my ideal route. All the major ££ being spent on this can be moved to the next build so thats probably what i will do but im just going to way my options up again in a few months time.

But its builds like yours and marc's that make me think why not go the conversion route

Got the dash panels back from the paint shop and unfortunately I'm not happy so they are going of there again,

I had them done in matt black and the black is far to dark and glossy for what I wanted, I know that sounds stupid being black but I know what I mean :p

So this time they are getting painted more of a dark grey, the black just didn't look close enough to stock for my plans, anyway here is some pic of them test fitted, you would think looking at them that they where pretty much scrap a few weeks back.

attachment.php?attachmentid=142301&stc=1&d=1322512985

attachment.php?attachmentid=142302&stc=1&d=1322512985

attachment.php?attachmentid=142303&stc=1&d=1322512985

attachment.php?attachmentid=142304&stc=1&d=1322512985

attachment.php?attachmentid=142305&stc=1&d=1322512985

attachment.php?attachmentid=142306&stc=1&d=1322513158

The white bits you can see is just dust by the way.

attachment.php?attachmentid=142307&stc=1&d=1322513158

Above is the comparison of stock and the painted black.

DSCF4382.jpg

DSCF4383.jpg

DSCF4385.jpg

DSCF4386.jpg

DSCF4387.jpg

DSCF4388.jpg

DSCF4389.jpg

they used the wrong black IMO.

if you check my pillar pod build the paint came up the same as stock dash. ask them what paint they used

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?250724-Triple-Pillar-Pod-Custom-Project&highlight=custom+pillar+pod

My dad just mixed the greyest of the two black he had on the sceme but he goning to custom mix me one now so it should look better. Its my own fault i did say black but im a picky sod and now i want it greyer :)

also your pillar pod looks spot on!