Jakes Sz supra build- The details count

ripped_fear

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No problem mate. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy knowing I've helped make that engine bay look sweet. Custom is the way forward :thumbs:

If you need to get the number plate surround cut let me know. I think that would look awesome if it was sprayed marble?

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee65/jay_forever21/2012-01-25205345.jpg

Thanks bud but already got plans on how the surround will look, but i have to say i do like the marble effect looks really good. May have to pinch the idea if i can slip it in somewhere subtle. :)

Clear heat resistance paint? Never seen that.

I'm gonna do my UK's before I fit them, but having multispokes no one will see them :(

its lacquer and its actually motorbike paint for fuel tanks will withstand certain heats but not excessive heat. Only bought it due to putting the stickers on and dont want them to peel of when i jet the wheels down. You will still see them wont you? a bit atleast.

clear lacquer ;)

:)

OOo got your own project section :)!!

Details count mate ;)

Yeah finally made it into the section!

Shouldn't take you long Jake. Might as well pop round when you're done and do mine, be a shame to waste the paint.:D

Haha pop round, your the other side of the island :p Would be more than happy to help at some point if you want to do your though!

Ok today was a total flop, could get the brakes painted today due to the sub zero temperatures, so instead i thought i would clean up behind the wheels but the weather soon cut that short, I managed to do one arch! :rolleyes:

I have decided I am going to get some more black paint and some silver paint now too and do the wishbones. So once the springs are fitted and its all paint it will look nice and tidy.

Heres the result of one arch with just a bucket of soapy water and and elbow grease but thanks to the rain I had to stop. Got to love British weather, wish I had a garage.

attachment.php?attachmentid=145374&stc=1&d=1328035395

attachment.php?attachmentid=145375&stc=1&d=1328035395

DSCF4515 - Copy.JPG

DSCF4516 - Copy.JPG

The mrs says im very quick, so i wont change even for you :p, your get them this week

nice to know im not the only one :D and cheers. you do the cub very proud with the service you provide.

Once I have a few bits ticked of my list I will be getting back in contact for some of those spacers I spoke to you a while back about. :)

Got a bit more done on the car today,

First removed the drivers side front wheel and gave it a good scrub behind as i did on the other yesterday and it came up nice. Unfortuantly due to the temperature painting was put on hold again today though.

attachment.php?attachmentid=145480&stc=1&d=1328126666

attachment.php?attachmentid=145481&stc=1&d=1328126666

Did find my silver paint though so will use that for some of the suspension parts when the weather allows.

attachment.php?attachmentid=145490&stc=1&d=1328126990

Thought this was all I could do on the car today, but had a knock on the door and Robs dress up kit arrived! So got to fitting those and then gave them all a touch of metal polish and they looked very nice. many before and after pics bellow

attachment.php?attachmentid=145482&stc=1&d=1328126826

attachment.php?attachmentid=145483&stc=1&d=1328126826

attachment.php?attachmentid=145484&stc=1&d=1328126826

attachment.php?attachmentid=145485&stc=1&d=1328126826

attachment.php?attachmentid=145486&stc=1&d=1328126925

attachment.php?attachmentid=145487&stc=1&d=1328126925

attachment.php?attachmentid=145488&stc=1&d=1328126925

Once they where all fitted I gave the whole bay a quick clean.

attachment.php?attachmentid=145489&stc=1&d=1328126990

DSCF4519.JPG

DSCF4521.JPG

DSCF4522.JPG

DSCF4523.JPG

DSCF4524.JPG

DSCF4525.jpg

DSCF4529.JPG

DSCF4528.JPG

DSCF4531.JPG

DSCF4530.JPG

DSCF4533.JPG