Jakes Sz supra build- The details count

ripped_fear

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if you want the matt look get him to get some matt black from halfords, its surprising close to the stock dash. i resprayed my ash tray and compared to the rest of the oem surround you can hardly tell the different. il grab a photo of it later if you like :)

if you want the matt look get him to get some matt black from halfords, its surprising close to the stock dash. i resprayed my ash tray and compared to the rest of the oem surround you can hardly tell the different. il grab a photo of it later if you like :)

yeah if you could thanks it could be handy, the bits have already gone back to shop now but if he strugles to get the colour that could be handy. :)

yeah it does thats one thing im not happy with,it is painted with a matt laqure though, i think the pictures make it look more glossy than it is.

Don't lacuqer it, even matt lacquer doesn't look matt.

Is Matt not satin enough?

Did you mean 'though'? If so then no, satin has a sheen to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got chance to do some work on the car, due to unforeseen circumstances work had to be put on hold, but all is good now and i have a few nice pics of the strut bar fresh from the painters, I had it done in a gunmetal and was pleased with the outcome. :)

Before-

attachment.php?attachmentid=142741&stc=1&d=1323290787

This is how the brace came out-

attachment.php?attachmentid=142740&stc=1&d=1323290787

attachment.php?attachmentid=142739&stc=1&d=1323290787

First I removed the little stock suspension mounts and cleaned it up,

attachment.php?attachmentid=142742&stc=1&d=1323290787

Then fitted it, and it is a very snug fit indeed.

attachment.php?attachmentid=142743&stc=1&d=1323291109

attachment.php?attachmentid=142744&stc=1&d=1323291109

attachment.php?attachmentid=142745&stc=1&d=1323291109

Also took the time to do some adjusting to the battery cover, marked it up as it needs some trimming for the clamp to fit over it, so thats going to be cut asap then I can bolt that on too.

attachment.php?attachmentid=142746&stc=1&d=1323291219

DSCF4398.jpg

DSCF4399.jpg

DSCF4396.jpg

DSCF4397.jpg

DSCF4402.jpg

DSCF4403.jpg

DSCF4400.jpg

DSCF4401.jpg

Nice work! i wouldnt trust that battery cover. You should cut the slots out like i did when i had them made, last thing you want is the terminals to short out

thanks mate

I had to cut them out myself, but i have made a cover to sit in each whole so the terminal wont touch, but i did short it earlier but luckyly no harm was done!

how did you do yours when you made it?

thats a easy fix. thing is the wrong thing will need a spray afterwards. prob want some strength behind it as well. have u contacted them?

it is getting painted anyway, it will be gloss black along with everything else, just leaving the chrome. I havent contacted them yet I'm going to see how good the bodyshop can get it first, I have let the the seller know but its by no means his fault, it was packed well but the damn courier company obviously couldn't have given a damn about the words FRAGILE on the side.