Johnny's HKS Twin Build thread

hodge

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cracking on well bud? Are you lifting the head/plenum/mani/turbo's all in one go?

It's the only way to do it mate. I couldn't even get the downpipes in with the head in place. I've been doing extra gym sessions for this very reason lol.

I'm very f'd off with the heat wrap suppliers. I ordered them on Tuesday evening and sent direct to Hodge. I got the despatch notice on Wed. Pathetic :(

Don't worry bud, I'll crack on with other stuff.

Injector bars powder coated and fitted.

104_RailBars.jpg

105_Runners.jpg

Rear water pump housing with -6AN fitting welded and blended for turbo 1 water return.

106_WaterPumpHousing.jpg

Lower Water neck fitted.

107_WaterPumpHousing.jpg

108_WaterNeck.jpg

109_WaterNeck.jpg

Top water elbow with 2 x -6AN fittings welded and blended for water feed for both turbos.

110_WaterElbow.jpg

111_WaterFeed.jpg

How the head looks at present

112_IntakeSide.jpg

Oil sandwich plate fitted with -10AN Teflon lines for oil cooler.

It also has oil temp and pressure sensors for the gauges and an oil temp sensor for the Syvecs.

113_OilSandwichPlate.jpg

Made a nice little hole in the bulkhead to put the loom through as well as the started power cable.

114_WireRouting.jpg

EGT sensor wire fitted.

115_EGT_Wire.jpg

Front wing off for a bit of relocation relocation lol.

116_Relocation.jpg

Alarm siren box bolted to the inner wing facing the engine bay.

117_Siren.jpg

Brake booster is being relocated inside the scuttle panel and the loom for the wiper motor is being relocated also.

Looks nice and tidy now.

118_BrakeBooster.jpg

More pics later on.

Edited by johnny g (see edit history)

great job John, can i pop down and see how you relocated the engine bay wires. I am trying to make mine as clean as possible, just need some ideas on the route.

Your welcome anytime mate, no secrets here lol. Drop me a p.m and I'll give you my number.

"Brake booster is being relocated inside the scuttle panel" Are you sure thats gonna fit mate? :D

Wash your mouth out Ben. I'll make it fit. Anyways I've already done it to mine lol.

Next update.

Waterpump fitted.

119_Waterpump.jpg

I've ran the cable through for the wideband and thought while I've got the dash out I may as well do the gauges.

Unfortunately the facelift clock hole in the dash is bigger than a pre-facelift so the AEM wideband is too small to fit in the hole and falls through. So a little modification is in order. I took apart the facelift clock removed the insides and glass then opened the hole out to house the wideband gauge. Looks pretty stock to be honest. Very pleased with the results.

120_AEM.jpg

121_AEMClock.jpg

122_AEMClock.jpg

Fitted in the dash.

123_AEMFitted.jpg

124_AEMFitted.jpg

125_AEMFitted.jpg

Last of the heat wrap arrived today so I got straight onto it and wrapped the last manifold and got it fitted with number 2 turbo. Bosscos calling over tomorrow to help me lift the head on so hopefully things are getting moving now again.

Intercooler and rad arrived from Lee at SRD on Monday too so almost everything is there to complete the build give or take the odd pipe, connector etc.

Whilst I'm on the subject of SRD, I would like to thank Lee for the time he had taken out to help me on a few bits I was uncertain about with the assembly of the turbo kit. Even to the point wherebeither of I'd know what side thread the oil feed pipes were. Lee took apart the oil feed on his own car to check for me.

Credit where credits due, thanks for the help mate, I owe you 1.

Now for a few pics,

129_Turbos.jpg

130_Head.jpg

131_ExhaustSide.jpg

132_IntakeSide.jpg

134_TopView3.jpg