Johnny's HKS Twin Build thread

hodge

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just finished off all the gauges and mounted them in the a-pilar pod today. Tonight I'm going to mock up as much of the IC pipework as pos and try n sort the bracket for the throttle cable if all goes to plan, but I'm not banking on it lol.

I'm still waiting for quite a few parts arriving over the next few days so once there here things will kick off again.

Sorry if it's posted in an earlier page but are having to mess around with the pedal because it's a vvti and you have installed an aftermarket big plenum and throttle body?

Sorry if it's posted in an earlier page but are having to mess around with the pedal because it's a vvti and you have installed an aftermarket big plenum and throttle body?

The DBW system employed on the 2JZ is an interim version of DBW which is basically an interim version, i.e. cable assisted. True DBW systems don't have a cable, so I took the matched pair from a Corvette :)

The DBW system employed on the 2JZ is an interim version of DBW which is basically an interim version, i.e. cable assisted. True DBW systems don't have a cable, so I took the matched pair from a Corvette :)

I think I have 2 hrs of google time so I am able to make sense of what you have just wrote..! ILMAO...

how about a drive down south to help with mine? nice challenge! LOL.

I'm on the way bud.

Those housings are gonna look great when it's all back together

Certainly are Jay. Should havexa drive up when your not busy mate.

I think I have 2 hrs of google time so I am able to make sense of what you have just wrote..! ILMAO...

Basically we've binned the throttle cable, and used a throttle body and throttle pedal from a corvette. The Syvecs will control the sync between the throttle body and the pedal.

I've read that a thread where a guy machine a TT uprated intake to fit the vvti head and he claims that by having a stand alone ecu to control the vvti too so there is no need to delete it. Is this what you plan to do?

Ps. I understand the theory behind the DBW 'Drive By Wire'. Great work using one of a corvette..! :-)

I've read that a thread where a guy machine a TT uprated intake to fit the vvti head and he claims that by having a stand alone ecu to control the vvti too so there is no need to delete it. Is this what you plan to do?

Correct! The Syvecs ECU will be controlling the VVTi system, the boost, the traction and the DBW setup. It'll be very different!

Ps. I understand the theory behind the DBW 'Drive By Wire'. Great work using one of a corvette..! :-)

Thanks.

I looked for one that had 90mm throttle body, and figured a 7ltr V8 would be a good place to start looking :)

Correct! The Syvecs ECU will be controlling the VVTi system, the boost, the traction and the DBW setup. It'll be very different!

Thanks.

I looked for one that had 90mm throttle body, and figured a 7ltr V8 would be a good place to start looking :)

I found your thread on supraforums whilst googling, someone copied the link to it in a lexus forum..! :-)