The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Johnny's HKS Twin Build thread

hodge

Another long day today.

I've stripped all the front off the car,

Fitted all required vac take offs onto the plenum for various things,

Fitted -4AN fittings to both wastegates,

Drilled and tapped the front turbo 1/8NPT for a vac reference for the boost control valve,

Made up the looms for the oil temp and knock sensor to the syvecs,

Removed more unrequited crap from the engine loom,

Fitted fuel filter and -6AN lines ready for the head to go on,

Finally relocated the fusebox.

I'll post some pics tomorrow cos I'm pretty knackered now lol.

Edited by hodge (see edit history)

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've fitted it under the passenger headlight but I've put it vertical and at an angle so if any water hits is it won't get in. I'll be fibreglassing the holes at the back I don't use for brackets just to make sure it's totally water tight.

I'm having issues with my photobucket at the min so no pics as yet. Once I work out how to sort it I'll post some pics up.

I would be interested in this to. This may be a noob question, but when extending the loom etc do you need to be using a specific type of wire?

Where I've put the box the loom didn't need extending. But you do extend a loom as I did on my own car (put the fusebox in the glovebox) you MUST make sure you get wire with the correct amp rating or it's going to melt.

It's literally 2 mins to take the light out 1 bolt and 2 nuts, just like a mans genitals. There's bags of room behind it and the wheel as the inner arch panel has to go on too. Therea also plenty of room to get your hand in to change fuses too.

Got the 1st manifold heat wrapped and fitted with turbo. Due to a small indescrepency from an un-named individual (the owner), lol, I was given 2 different colours of heat wrap for the manifolds. So I'm waiting on the new stuff coming to get turbo 2 fitted.

093_FirstManifold.jpg

094_TestFit.jpg

095_TestFit.jpg

096_TestFit.jpg

Edited by johnny g (see edit history)

One of them turbos looks big enough to make decent power let alone two:)

Wash your mouth out Mr.Price. I do remember a few months back when I was undecided on a turbo, I think your comment was "Go big or go home". :D

Wash your mouth out Mr.Price. I do remember a few months back when I was undecided on a turbo, I think your comment was "Go big or go home". :D

I know you say small turbos are wrong, so in this case, I'm hoping two wrongs make a right!

SERIOUSLY looking forward to this now. It'll be time to call Mr Griffiths soon I think, and make some arrangements.

Lookin great fellas, are those compr4essors going to get a polish up?

Yeah I'm going to send them off to Rob to get polished after the head goes on. I wanted to fit the head with the compressors in place incase the fins got damages whilst I lifted the head, intake, turbos, wastegates and downpipes on in 1 go. As you can imagine it's going to be pretty heavy so every procaution necessary is needed really.

I know you say small turbos are wrong, so in this case, I'm hoping two wrongs make a right!

SERIOUSLY looking forward to this now. It'll be time to call Mr Griffiths soon I think, and make some arrangements.

Still a long way to go yet G. I'll have a full day and late into the night Saturday and Sunday. So things should move on this weekend. Next weekend will be all day Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday oh and a few hours during the week before I go to work too lol.

I really don't want this dragging on for months like other projects have, but saying that I won't be rushed either as I want everything perfect.

Downpipes are heat wrapped in Titanuim wrap. Still waiting for another roll of 1" wrap for the other manifold though. Bit disappointing as I wanted the head on today, not to be though unfortunately.

097_Downpipe.jpg

Picked up the cam covers and a few other bits from the powder coaters today. They've done a great job as usual.

098_Camcovers.jpg

099_CoversRail.jpg

100_Intake.jpg

101_CamFleck.jpg

102_Head.jpg

Fitting are now sorted for the FPR. I've fitted stainless steel fittings instead of the regular blue and red, to keep in with the black and silver theme.

103_FPR.jpg

More updates and pics later on.

Edited by johnny g (see edit history)