Johnny's HKS Twin Build thread

hodge

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got a friend of mine coming round today who is s Pro-bolt dealer. He's going to price up all new bolts for the turbo kit etc, as it came with no bolts or fixings at all.

All the manifold and plenum bolts are also being replaced cos there all rusty, some have damaged hexes etc etc.

The heater matrix water pipe from the water pump is getting cut and marked up for welding today, and hopefully welded tonight same time as the plenum.

Should get some more pics up tomorrow too.

We all say that Johnny, then you fit a few shiny parts, then bits come back from the powder coaters, then you engine bay starts looking real Miami and before you know it every bolt on the car looks crap and you replace them all. Then you have an emotional breakdown and like Alan Partridge you drive to Dundee in your bare feet.

We all say that Johnny, then you fit a few shiny parts, then bits come back from the powder coaters, then you engine bay starts looking real Miami and before you know it every bolt on the car looks crap and you replace them all. Then you have an emotional breakdown and like Alan Partridge you drive to Dundee in your bare feet.

I got a train to Manchester with the scum - is that comparable? :)

I know what you mean though :)

New bolts... Mmm. No doubt they'll be shiney.

Out of interest, am I right in thinking that the bolts should have come with the kit?

I'd have thought so mate. There's no compressor seal on turbo #1 either and the oil fittings are missing. And yet I'll be getting all stainless bolts and nuts etc

Great build, but this looks a bit close to the chassis, will it touch when the engine moves under load?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=128643&d=1300620606

Think it's just the pic wez. Therea about 20mm gap to the right and 10mm under the motor. There's a file under the motor holding it in position cos the masking tape wasn't strong enough to hold the weight of it.

You know better than anybody mate.

When I met Ross he was more than happy with his very nicely styled, untuned N/A. 20K later here we are with a very tasty engine and having counciling for OCD.

I got a train to Manchester with the scum - is that comparable? :)

I know what you mean though :)

Come on Johnny let me chrome some stuff, and that ABS pump just has to go.

Noo!! It'll end up worse! I need my ABS intact - polishing costs money I don't want to spend at the moment, I'm saving for my holiday home!!

I think someone needs to get there priorities right lmao. Ubber clean engine bay or holiday home. SUPRA ALL THE WAY BABY YEAHHHHHHH