The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

Got the TRD spoiler fitted tonight. I got 1 of the lads in the paint shop at work to paint the end panels.

looks really well with the white car and carbon blades.

I lay the deck spoiler on the car just to see what it would look like as I wasnt sure if i wanted to fit it or not. But it does look great so its gona be staying. Ive promised Jay he can try it on his car before I fit it cos i think he'll be splashing out on 1 very soon;)

a few piccys for you.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of an update for you all.

I got some Carbon end caps for the TRD spoiler and got those put on. look a world better than the white ones I had.

The greddy 4 row was given abit of love with the autosol and some chrome magic on the end tanks came up a treat.

The missus was kind enough to get me a Reg for the Supra for my birthday.

Started fitting the defis, the other day. still waiting for the fuel pressure gauge but all in all got a bargain with then. And you all know i love a bargain lol;)

Heres the best bit.

Ive just agreed to buy a set of I-forge wheels. These are an awesome piece of kit. brand new with continential tyres. never used. they are TRD fitment with a HUGE 5 inch lip.

Check these out.

Started plling the engine out last night. Just removing the superficial stuff 1st, ancilliries etc. Just a short session though started at 5.30pm an finished at 9pm. I must admin I found the intake runners a total nightmare. Much harder to remove than a TT. It has little hidden bolts everywhere. But its off now. Im pleased I dont have to refit it though lol.

Heres a few piccy of how far I got.

Another quick update for you guys and girls.

Stripped all the rest of the pumps etc on the front of the engine, removed the exhaust manifolds and downpipe, what a chew on that was. the 1st cat was new but who ever fitted it took it upon themselves to round off both front and back on both nuts and bolts that held the 1st to the 2nd cat. I tried everything but to no evail. I ended up cutting through the 2nd cat at the flange just to seperate them. pretty extreame I know but the only way it was coming off thats for sure.

also the wiring harness has been removed from inside the car and the ECU removed. all that needs romoving on the harness is the gearbox connections and the harness should pull straight out (I hope lol).

Finally, sick of rolling around under the car I decided to take out the auto lever ready to drop the gearbox out.

heres a few piccys of the results.

Thats all for now. Im hoping the engine will be out on saturday morning and well on the way to having the gearbox out also.

Well I had a really eventfull day yesterday with the car. i wanted to get as much stripped out as possible whilst the weather was nice.

started about dinner time with the wiring harness as I wanted that totally reomoved before the engine came out. Was a pretty straight forward job to be fair apart from the bloody gearbox connectors which were odviously stuck lol, but hey ho.

After i got the harness out, it was the turn of the gearbox. i was expecting all the gearbox bolts to be pretty solid but they all came out with a little encouragement from my good old faithful metal bar on the end of a socket wrench haha.

The current state of play wih the engine bay is the box and prop is off and the engine hopefully will be coming out today. theres only the engine mounts to loosen and out it comes.

heres a couple of piccy of where I stand at the min.

Got my wheels yesterday too. Honestl these things are awesome.

19 x10 fronts and 19 x 12 rears. The tires are continental 315/25/19s rear and 275/30/19s front. the pics really sont do them justice at all.

Thats all for now folks. More going on later today if the bloody rain stops ;)

For inspiration, yeah I know not the same wheels,colour(well 2 are) etc as yours ..... but all TRD's :innocent:

Inspiration indeed matey. Im excited now lol.

loads of progress over the last few days. The engines out, ive moved the drivers side wiring harness from the engine bay to the inner wing. pretty easy really as its only 4 multiplugs in the drivers footwell. Ive relocated my alarm box to under the scuttle panel so its out the engine bay cos its ugly and started to give the drivers side abit of a clead before I fill all the holes and paint it.

heres loads of pics for you all of the progress.

Whats wrong ted theres no engines is there, is there.

LMAO sorry couldnt risist the fast and furious pun hahaha. I know im sad lol.

The old engine. ive gota strip it down as im gona use some of the bits as the engine im getting is from an aristo.

Also for good measure ive fitted the deck spoiler . Ive used sikaflex to bond it on. And before you ask the duck tape is to hold it in palce while the sikaflex hardens.

Good progress mate just a quick question John, where did you bring the power wire in for your system in your old car? i am struggling without either bringing it in through the top rubber grommet where the ecu wires come out of, or cutting a hole in the bulkhead. Cheers Jon

Good progress mate just a quick question John, where did you bring the power wire in for your system in your old car? i am struggling without either bringing it in through the top rubber grommet where the ecu wires come out of, or cutting a hole in the bulkhead. Cheers Jon

there's a grommit on the bulkhead below the ecu harness hole near where the fuel line comes up from the transmission tunnel Wack it through there but I'm not sure if you will have to take the plenum off to access it.

Have a drive up tomorrow if you want and I'll show you on mine while the engines out.

Spent about 8 hrs on the car today and it doesn't even look like I've done anything LOL.

I've finished off all the drivers side with the wiring in the inner wing I've drilled a hole through into the engine bay so I can get the alternator cable through and cleaned all the dirt any greese up from the drivers side too. Oh yeah I've extended the wiring for the brake servo and wiper motors so I could reroute them also.

Hopefully I'm gona start filling holes tomorrow ready to be sanded down and painted.

Ive been off work today so hought id make the most of my time and get some stuff ofdered and looked into.

Ive spoke to Paul whiffin and he's hooking me up with the following.

1000cc hi imp injectors

GT4294RS garret Turbo

Whifbitz manifold and all the bits

turbosmart 50mm wastegate

water and oil lines

ive just orderd 1 of these babies to go with the solaris setup.

I bought it from race-technology.com, who did a group buy on here a while ago via JamieP. Gummi (yeah i know strange name) was very kind to offer me a 10% discount as soon as I mentioned the group buy.:D

Custom LCD panel dashboard display, clearly visible under any light condition, specification

Suitable for various installations, water resistant for open top or motorcycle applications

Compact and slim, easy to fit, dimensions

Suitable for any engine installation with a fully configurable RPM scale

Optimise your gear changes with the configurable ultra bright shift lights

Road legal, everything required for an MOT or SVA testing including tamperproof odometer, backlit display and mandatory warning ligths.

Lap and sector time display using a separate data logger

Easy integration with other Race Technology products

Stand alone operation, directly connect up to 4 engine or gearbox sensors along with RPM and wheel speed channels.

Display information from your ECU using our CAN or serial interface*

Monitor your engine and display high/low alarms for any parameter.

Gear position indicator calculated or through gearbox sensor

Can be set up for either MPH/miles or KPH/km

Display the information you want to see with 5 user defined screens

Control the DASH2 and a data logger, external button set available

Easy to use configuration software, available free here

Package deals available

Fitting service available

While i was on ive ordered a new head unit.

Im trying to order things so can work on sections of the car. odviously when I make the pod for the dash2 I may as well sort he dash panel sizing for the new head unit while im on as the hole in the dash is slightly smaller than this unit.

I had the previous model of this in my blue supra and there really are a great bit of kit.

The JVC KW-AVX820 in-dash multimedia DVD player will bring high performance and options galore to the double-sized dash opening in your vehicle. This versatile player combines a unique detachable 7" screen, touchscreen controls and playback of music and video from disc or portable device.

Enjoy movies including DivX® and other formats on the wide 7-inch touch panel monitor featuring Proximity Sensor with a new sensation of AV control, and 9-language display. You can play audio and video from your iPod, iPhone or USB devices, and even fine tune the soundscape with 7-band iEQ.

JVC also provide built-in Bluetooth capability so you can enjoy the safety and convenience of hands-free calling and music streaming. When a call comes in you can speak to your caller, without touching your mobile phone. Music streaming lets you play the music from any Bluetooth audio device through the stereo.

Features:

Proximity Sensor/Touch Panel

MOS-FET 50W x 4 (20W RMS x 4)

Built-in Bluetooth Wireless Technology

Built-in 7-inch Widescreen Monitor

RDS FM/AM Tuner

USB Port (WAV/MP3/WMA/iPod & iPhone Audio)

GIGA MP3 MULTI

AAC/WAV/MP3/WMA Compatible (DVD/CD/USB)

JPEG/MPEG 1, 2 Compatible (DVD/CD/USB)

USB Audio and Video for iPod/iPhone etc.

2-Way Control for iPod/iPhone (Headunit/iPod or iPhone)

DAB Digital Radio Ready (optional tuner)

Dolby Digital

7-Band iEQ

5V Line/5V Subwoofer Output Level

Gold-Plated Input Terminals (AV + Video)

Gold-Plated Preout Terminals (Front + Rear + Subwoofer + Composite Video)

Digital Output Terminal

TFT ON/OFF

Multilingual Display (English/Spanish/French/German/Italian/Dutch/Portuguese/Swedish/Danish/Russian)

Dual Zone Function

CD Changer Ready

High-Pass Filter (ON/Through)

Detachable Control Panel

Wired MIC included

Steering Wheel Remote Ready (optional interface)

more updates very soon lol.

few more piccys folks. The drivers inner wing is all cleaned, brackets removed and ready for some primer. Ive fed the alternator cable through the chassis from the inner wing so again thats concealed. Took the tape off the spoiler and the Sikoflex is hardened. Cant see it coming off in a hurry haha.

The only issue I have with the engine bay is this. The aircon connectors. Anyone know if I can remove them without removing the dash.

You gonna fill all the holes thats not needed in the engine bay before you spray it bud?

Yeah hopefully ill get onto that on Friday. Im off work with nothing to do so am gona have a Supra day recon.

Im well impressed with how th chassis is designed with rubber gromits in covering random holes which are all conveniently placed to put wiring and pipes and stuff through. All thats got to be routed into the drivers wing is the Solaris Boost Solnoid, which I must speak to Ryan about in the near future.

That spoiler suits the rear a treat :thumbs:

Does look great in the flesh jay. You really need to get 1 of these ordered you know matey. Its nearly Santa time you know lol.

Ive just spoken to Dusty at MVP and he's just gave me a great price on a TRD kit. once I decide on a bonnet ill get 1 of these ordered up. The missus has kindly offered to pay for my bonnet for xmas so thats atleast 1 thing less to pay for.

Parts seem to be arriving everyday and the pile seems to be getting ever higher.

My new head unit arrived today which im a little disopointed about to be honest. I bought it second hand and some of the bits are missing and was ensured it was all there. the remote is missing and so it the pre-out cables for the amps, so this leaves the unit pretty useless to me if it wont run amplifiers as im planning on running 3 amps, 2 sets of componants and 2x15" subs lol.

Ive emailed the guy I bought it off so just awaiting his reply really.

was working on the supra this morning and was thinking of some strange and unusual things i could do to give it that extra special bit something. So totally out of the blue i thought i know ill relocate my fusebox to the glovebox.

Dont know why, was totally random but ive made my mind up lol. I am quite spontanious if you all hadnt noticed.

Edited by hodge (see edit history)

... I am quite spontanious if you all hadnt noticed.

thats one of the things making this such a great thread to follow mate :) Never sure which way things are going to go and what you'll come up with next - that and the pace at which things seem to be happening!

keep up the good work :D

I started filling some of the holes in the inner wings on the drivers side with chemical metal, I no it looks a total mess but its gota get rubbed down and filled again until its totally smooth and the holes arnt visable at all. Whilst the chemical metal was drying I started to take out the wiring on the passanger side and removeed all the pipework for the charcole canisterand redirected the vent pipe directly down near the fuel filter. The wiring was alot easier than the drivers side as there was only 2 multi plugs to remove then out it came. I rerouted it through the front panel but ublike the drivers side it wouldnt go through the gap I used due to the fusebox. So I had to drill out the spot welds and bend it away so the wires would travel in the right direction and not be seen. This is when I had my lets move the fusebox into the glovebox apifiny. Either 1 of 2 things are going to happen here.

1) its gona be the biggest electrical disaster ive ever known and the car will set on fire.

OR

2) Its gona be 1 of or if not the best Supra engine bay in the country.

WHO KNOWS LOL.

Heres a few piccy of the story so far.