Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heres a few pics of the car since i raised it up a little. took it up 20mm all round. I can get it off the drive without scraping now which is always a bonus lol.

Im now just sitting in waiting impatiently for my subframes to arrive from Whifbitz,

Pics when the seats are in, oh and go on then when the frames arrive. :D

No problems dude.

Looking good John, however the lower the better for me....hence the scrapes on the underside of my do-luck bumper....

...got anymore ideas for rims mate?

I do like a low car Jamesy but theres low and ridiculous lmao.

Well the subframes have arrived folks. Massive massive thanks to Paul at Whifbitz for the speedy work as i mentioned before they were 2 whole weeks early.

as promised heres some pics of the subframes themselves and some fitted pics. The seats to be fair do look awesome in the car. I dont think the pics do them justice.

I did have a bit of a chew on with getting the drivers seat to fit if it be known. I think the previous owner must have been on the large side and bent the side panels out on the bottom of the seat with his big ass so those needed bending back in. apart from that happy days.

I'd like it done by TOTB next year but like I said I recon I'll run out of cash well before it's finished so may need to do a little saving and put it on hold LOL.

But who knows I might get some bargains n finish it on budget. Hhhmmmm yeah right.

Recieved the drop links from Mr. T today. 2 drop links and 2 nuts (yes 2 nuts my mistake lol) 117.21. Whats that all about.

Had a bit of a nightmare taking them off but the good old faithful angle grinder came in handy.

While I was on I thought I would take off the dust guards from the front hubs ready to put the brakes on.

Whilst on a role I thought lets test fit the brakes to make sure them went on with the wheels and they dont lol.

I need to put some 5-10mm spacers on until I get the new wheels. Ideally I dont want to have to buy those until the kit is on and ready to paint, but I bet it doesnt work out that way.

Well on that subject I was reading a post by Chris Wilson the other day about stopping distances and he reconed that wether you have small or large brakes the stopping distance would be almost the same its only brake fade thats gona be different. i dont intend to track the car every weekend so the brakes will be just fine.

Those do look uber sexy, John, do you not fancy cleaning the inside of the arch out (suspension arms etc) so it looks like new?

Im not sure if I want to go that far Jay TBH. A few weeks of use and its just gona be back to square 1. I think theres gona be a fine line in building this car between it looking like its just came out of the showroom and never driven and a very good road car.

I dont just want it to be something I bring out polish and put it away again. I mean dont get me wrong ill clean everything before the brakes get a final fit you would think I had a case of O.C.D or something ;)

Great Stuff John, what happened to the pics of the Mrs? Just Kiddin :p

Just when the progress goes quiet matey remember lol.

brakes look awesome mate - how much is that D2 kit for the fronts mate?

Cost me a grand plus delivery matey.

A few more bits have arrived.

Got my MOMO steering wheel boss off jamesy and got that fitted yesterday together with the free steering wheel the nice man gave me with the car. Its loads better than the tatty stock wheel I had on.

HKS Super drager arrived yesterday too thanks to Ellis super fast delivery. Jst waiting for the other bit to arrive and ill get that fitted too.

And finally heres my bargain of the week.

A set of brian Crower 264 cams I got from the states brand new for 350 quid delivered for the pair.

Edited by hodge (see edit history)