hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you spraying it bud?

Yup of course I am Jay wash your mouth out lol.

need to get all the grease and crap of the whole bay before I do that though. Im not sure wether to give it a go myself with some spray tins or get someone like chipsaway to come and give it a blast over and laquer it aswell. I might just give it a go and if I mess it up then there only a call away to sort it really. You know me I hate paying anyone to do anything hahaha.

looks like the project is gona go on hold for a few weeks unfortunatlly.

Was fighting in a karate comp yesterday and snapped my achilies tendon. happy days or what. Got a plaster on at the minuite but thats gona come off in a couple of week to get a special boot thingy on so may be able to do a bit when that happens.

I was wanting to fight again in February but i think thats gona have to be put off to the back end of next year as well. Pretty gutted bout that thats for sure.

Well rays right I WILL totally out do that with out a shadow of a daught lol.

Bossco (Ross) came over yesterday and in my depressed state got me to hop into the garage and do a little bit.

Ive started on the fusebox relocation which was pretty hard seems I was taking the fusebox out standing on 1 leg lmao.

I numbered all the wires and then cut them all so I dont get them mixed up.

TODAYS QUIZ.....................

Anyone wona hazzard a guess on how many wires go into the N/A's fusebox cos theres a canny few lol.:p

I tries to fit the fusebox in to the bottom glovebox but it was nowhere near so the glovebox required abit of special ERMMMM modifying so I could get a decent position for the fueses to sit and still be able to close the door. Ill make an MDF panel to mount the fuesbox in at a later date once iv extended the wires a couple of metres. I think the finished item is gona have to look the biz as its gona probably be abit of a feature in the car as I dont know of many Supras with this sort of extreme mod.

Ive also had a few bits arrive for me today. Bare in mind I only ordered both of these yesterday.

I ordered the dash2 Display and the CAN interface cable (for the Solaris ECU) in the morning and the AEM wideband at 3pm lol now thats what i call service lol.

heres a few piccy.

Wow, that was extreme with the fusebox, Lee has removed mine from the engine bay, fits under the passenger headlight and the loom dont need touching that way.

Get well soon mate:)

Cheers Jamie.:)

I didnt fancy putting it under the headlight incase it got wet. Maybe being a little over cautious but I do like pushing the boundries lol.

Tomorrow if the missus is gona take me I want to get myself to an auto electricians and get enough of the different gauges of wire to extend the fusebox harness a couple of metres and solder some of it together.

Are you not worried about cracking or sinking from not welding the holes up before you filled them?

Ive only filled the small holes and put the chemical metal on both sides making it nice and thick on the inside so im now worried really. A mate of mine is lending me a mig welder so i can learn to weld and do the bigger holes.

Started on my dash last night whilst the wife was enthrawled with that im a celeb thingy. Fitted my 80mm defi boost gauge (the only thiny that I took from my blue Supras before I sold it) and the AEM wideband.

I loved the boost gauge, when they were discontinued Gaz at Envy managed to track me 1 down seeming it was the last 1 left in the country. Odviously its not a BF series gauge but plugs into the control unit II all the same.

The only disopointment I hae with it is it has a orange illumination and all my other Defis illuminate white. I did consider taking it apart and swapping over the LED's but lost my bottle seems if I broke it id never get another 1. Guess ill just have to live with it.

I've just called into the local auto electrics shop to sort out all the different gauge of wire so I don't get anything melting. Had to order some of it in special as it's a strange size aparently.

Hopefully will get on to soldering some of it together tomorrow.

Done abit of dash work the last couple of day. Ive made the harness up for for my amplifiers incorperating 3 sets of RCA leads and a remote lead. Ive ran them from the front to the back of the car ready for the sound system to be installed. Ive fitted the bluetooth mic and the headunit. Typically the headunit was too big for the dash hole so I had to trim some off the bottom of the dash panel so it was a nice tidy snug fit.

In my blue supra I incorperated the Defi control unit into the armrest but wanted it easerly accessable this time instead of having to lift the armrest up everytime I wanted to use the control unit. So under the headunit was the ideal position really.

I cut out the bottom part of the dash after removing the switch blanks and fitted the unit. After fitting it and lining it up exactly where i wanted it ive used no more nails to squirt into the hole to secure it in place. After this ill fill all the small gaps around the sides and, smooth them off and paint it panel in a golss black.

heres the story so far.

Seems like I've missed a fair bit in here. Some excellent goings on in here John, sorry to hear about the foot (although it hasn't slowed you down) I'll be watching closely again, keen to see how the Fuse box relocation goes. :thumbs:

Cheers Fitzy. The fusebox has proved to be a proper chew on to be honest. The 1st auto electrician I went to reconed they couldnt get all the different gauges of wire so I took it to another.

They said it wouldnt be a problem but they wanted to do the work. HHHMMMMMM yeah right. Why dont I just let them sleep with my wife too lol. SO the 3rd i went to said no problems at all in supplying the wire. Im just waiting for them to get back to me with a price for all the wire and there is ALOT of wire hahaha.

Ive started cleaning the passanger side up and free it from grease and grime. Also started removing the excess chemical metal from the drivers side. This is a terrible job. think im gona borrow a welder and learn myself to weld of the other holes then just give them a skin over with filler before painting. But hey if you dont try you'll never know lol.

More pics to follow SOON...........

Decided to get most of my fuel system sorted.

Bosch 044 fuel pump

-8an check valve instead of the valve which comes with the pump which needs a banjo bolt.

-8an braided fuel line

-8an inline billet fuel filter

-8an female - 2x-6an male Y piece

twin -6an braided lines to each side of the fuel rail

veilside Hi-Flow fuel rail

RC 1000cc hi-impetance injectors

-6an fuel return line

Aeromotive Fuel pressure regulator.

The fuel filter will be mounted behind the TRD vent in the front drivers wing to make it easly accessable.

Im thinking on the other side behind the wing vent ill fit my Greddy catch tank if it fits. Sod it, ill make it fit lmao.

all I have left to order from the list is the injectors which im getting from Whifbitz and the braided lines which ill get from a local hydrolics company.

Bit of an update for you.

had a couple of parcels arrive today. My alloy radiator, 2 x electric fans and a new speedo dash panel (cheers to Geo).

I bought a fan shround with the PHR group buy. For the full kit with the fans was over a thousand dollars. With me being really tight I thought id just get the shroud and source the fans myself.

They use Lexus IS300 fans which to be fair are the same size as a supras Viscous fan but 2 of them. I found a compan on Ebay which sell nothing but IS300 parts and got both fans for a good price. Ill just wire them together and have them working on the ignition curcuit so there on all the time when the cars running.

the plan is ill get the blades plasticoated black if I can get them apart from the motors.

The top of the rad will be mirror polished before it goes in.

Ive also started shaping the speedo part of the dash to house the dash2 display. The panel I got from Geo was quickly hacked up so the dash2 display would fit in the cantre. Cos my leg was abit sore today this was done in the living room instead of the garage. The missus wasnt happy coming in finding loads of b lack shavings all over a towel on the living room floor but what can you do lol need must;)

next I cut up an out t-shirt an duck taped it to the back of the panel and stretched it tight.

After that I covered the t-shirt in fibreglass resin . This it make a back for the housing so the 2 side holes can be filler with body filler and the centre can be used to support the dash2.

Then sheets of fibreglass matting was applied to give it some strength. Ive left it to dry until tomorrow and cleaned some of the passanger inner wing up.

Are you planing on running a uprated alternator if not you may wanna re think having the fans running all the time myself and Lee both found when running these with gauges ice etc draws alot of current.

I run a thermostat in the top rad pipe to control the fans.

I never thought about that Wayne to be honest.

How much is an updated alternator gona cost me. I did consider running 2 red top batteries having 1 for my ice.

I never thought about that Wayne to be honest.

How much is an updated alternator gona cost me. I did consider running 2 red top batteries having 1 for my ice.

etc battery would help but you will still be drawing alot of amps i would suggest getting he fan control built into your map or go thermostat controled remember it will suck power having em running all the time every extra horse counts

ps still got my old man working on the tank lid for you

Well tell him to hurry up wayne;)

So how will I wire the fans in if I get a fan control built into my map.

To be honest Lee did mine just works off couple of relays, sure if you poke around supraforums you will find a wire diagram.

And hows this for a idea toyota supply the tool for installing the relays into the relay box another thing am gonna have lee do little xtra way to clean up the engine bay