Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didnt want to attach the spoiler to fresh paint incase it just loosened itself cand came off. I know what you mean though I was in 2 minds how to go about it. I am thinking I should have painted it 1st but its done now. Im sure he bodyshop will mask it of well.

No cigar for you dude lol.

Got them from Thor racing mate. (ohh no my secrets out lol).

Wernt that expensive either.

Damn...I could taste that sweet cigar. All my hopes have been dashed, although Thor would have been my next guess....cigarette?

(Although this post makes insight to me here aforementioned as 'Fitz' indulging in 'smoking' let it be known that statement is false...I do not smoke :D)

I didnt want to attach the spoiler to fresh paint incase it just loosened itself cand came off. I know what you mean though I was in 2 minds how to go about it. I am thinking I should have painted it 1st but its done now. Im sure he bodyshop will mask it of well.

So you staying white with TRD widebody would look awesome

Yep its staying white. I really do love white cars. I purposly took my time to find a white 1 so I wasnt messing around with total colour changes. The exterior theme will be white and carbon interior will be totally black with a chrome cage. and the engine will have everything possable chromed.

Damn...I could taste that sweet cigar. All my hopes have been dashed, although Thor would have been my next guess....cigarette?

(Although this post makes insight to me here aforementioned as 'Fitz' indulging in 'smoking' let it be known that statement is false...I do not smoke :D)

Smoking kills mate. You can have a pack of cola bottles lol.

Lots of progress gone on today. I got up with a burst of motivation this morning.

I bought 1 of these to put the battery in the boot.

It comes with everything im gona need for the full instalation.

I get a really good discount with Motorworld cos I buy loads of these at I do ICE installs for peaple.

Ive secured the fusebox in the golvebox and made a panel to go on the side just to fill the glovebox and make it a little tidier.

All im waiting for now is some more cable tidy as the length ive got is too thin. All the cable together is 27mm diamiter. so what I had was nowhere near.

Once it arrives ill get all the fusebox soldered into the cars harness and thats another job finished.

Not being happy with just doing the fusebox I decided to finish the pod for the Dash2 display. a little bit of filler here and a little bit of filler there and it was done. Well not that easy but its done anyway lol.:D

More to come tomorrow. Next step is to take the interoir out and cut the centre of the transmission tunnel the maunal box.

Truly is an incredible build this, i admire you mate! Looking amazing!!

I do aim to please mate;)

When I joined the club I knew totally nothing about supras to be honest. So really you all have had some input in both my blue Supra and my current build.:thumbs:

I do aim to please mate;)

When I joined the club I knew totally nothing about supras to be honest. So really you all have had some input in both my blue Supra and my current build.:thumbs:

Thats pretty amazing how you've learnt everything you know of this forum, i hope 1 day i know as much as you dude and can take on a project like this! Keep us up to date :)

Guest Rays the roof

I only read this thread weekly so it's like the omnibus edition rather than seeing bits here and there and just waiting for the next episode! ;)

Keep up the great work matey!

Update Time

I recieved the relevant size cable tidy for the fusebox harness the other day. So got all the wiring covered and read to go.

Ive final fitted the glovebox with the fusebox in and got it bolted all in. It really does look factory fit. I very happy with the results :D

The next job was to strip out all the interior for cut out the transmission tunel so the manual panel can be fitted for the extra clearence for the gearbox.

I cut out the transmission tunnel with an angle grinder (bit of a wiz with 1 of these lol.

Had a nightmare fitting the new panel. It was a crap fit to be fair. I was very disopointed with the quality of it. it seemed to be bend and twisted and took a huuge amount of work to get it somewhere near perfect. Atleast ive got it fitted now though. Thanks to the how to Guide that Dude posted for the 6 speed conversion. I would have been a little stuck if it wasnt for that.

Wilst the interior was out I thought id take the opotunity to sort a few other things under the carpet so it didnt have to come up again.

I removed the gromit in the side of the transmission tunnel and fed the wideband sensor through and replaced the gromit. Im going to have the wideband sensor in the midpipe so it less wires etc in the engine bay.

I also finished off the power cable from the boot for the battery.

I removed the mounting cage for the ECU and fitted a distribution fusebox so I can run power cables to the fusebox and the starter motor. I used 4 gauge for the fusebox and usd the stock cable which went from the starter to the battery on the cars origional setup for the starter motor. As im not using the A/C anymore ive removed the drain pipe for the air con with came from the bulkhead and fed the starter wire through there. This worked out well as it comes out vertually next to where the starter is located.

After this I cleaned all the paintwork under the carpet. Dont know why but i did. Suppose just cos i can lol. Then the carpet, seats and headunit were refitted. Im just waiting to get my dash back from being painted and thats the interior DONE, well apart from the roll cage, sound system replacing the rear seat and nitrous bottle.

I think im gona have to wait abit to do the sound install as ive already blown my budget to pieces;) but im in no hurry.

Another quick update.

My Whifbitz manifold arrived today. And I must say im very impressed with the quality. The inside of the pipes are nice and smooth and the welds are really good. Top piece of kit Paul:thumbs:

Ive also prepared my catch tank for the -12an fittings to be welded on. Hopefully im going to have enough room to fit the catch tank behind the vent in my TRD wng.

Ive spent abit of time tonight polishing my greddy 4 row and the Veilside Plenum and fuel rail. Its dawned on me the qualty of them isnt that good to be fair. I dont mean performance wise as this is proven time and time again. I mean the presentation quality. sure the welds are really good but the polishing is to be fair rubbish. On my blue supra, for a while I had a Hybrid GT intercooler and the polishing was perfect. Every visable panel was mirror finished, in comparision to the greddy which only the end tanks were polished. The top and bottom wernt touched at all.

Again with the Veilside plenum, the rear of the flange the throttle body bolts onto is all pitted and not really well polished and so is the flange on the bottom that the idle control valve bolts to.

I had an Ebay replica on my blue Supra and the Plenum quality was a world better.

The only difference in the Plenum was with the veilside the intake runners were seperate and with the replica it was all 1 piece, which made it slightly harder to fit.

heres a few pics of the veilside and the greddy and some shots of the pitted bits.