Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A couple of my pals have tein coilovers on there supras and tbh the ride seems more comfortable but just as precise for slot less cost. The coilover and top mounts were £579 delivered. When I priced up the tein equiverlent Inc top mounts I was looking at £800 plus.

I'll know better how good they perform once I get the geomatory setup.

Frames will be with you Monday, sent them out yesterday :)

Picked up my recaros from the trimmers today. Ive had them recovered in a black smooth raven leather. Im really pleased with the results the leather is very soft and extreamly thick.

Just waiting for my subframes from Paul at Whifbitz to arrive.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa74/hodge_012/04092009232.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa74/hodge_012/04092009233.jpg

I was gona raise the car a little today but unfortunatly lazyness and rain stopped play. Ive ordered a set of front drop links from Mr. T so when I change those ill raise the car abit.

Frames will be with you Monday, sent them out yesterday :)

Paul thats awesome mate thanks very much. its been nowhere near 4 weeks. Brill service matey many thanks.

Fitted pic to follow lol.

If your after some wide arches, I'm in the process of getting some Ridox front and rear arches copied, these looks the tits plus they are very different, I've never seen them on a car in the UK before.

Could you stick some picks up please Paul. I do have me heart set on a TRD kit but aint seen Ridox arches before I could be swayed;)

Guest bennyessex

This looks interesting, the brakes look pretty temping considering how much Brembo and AP set ups are. I recently got a disc upgrade for my N/A and the rear caliper seized eating the disc. So thanks for pointing that kit out. Would look better in a different colour IMO.

What is that bumper fitted in the pic on pg3? Its imense!

Subscribed!

This looks interesting, the brakes look pretty temping considering how much Brembo and AP set ups are. I recently got a disc upgrade for my N/A and the rear caliper seized eating the disc. So thanks for pointing that kit out. Would look better in a different colour IMO.

What is that bumper fitted in the pic on pg3? Its imense!

Subscribed!

I believe its the bomex with the side ducts painted black.

IIRC, that car now has the far superior TRD bumper fitted to it.

I aim to please!

Best off doing a search on here for the Ridox arches, there a very rare beast, I haven't got any decent pics myself! Actually go on youtube here

Paul thats awesome mate thanks very much. its been nowhere near 4 weeks. Brill service matey many thanks.

Fitted pic to follow lol.

Could you stick some picks up please Paul. I do have me heart set on a TRD kit but aint seen Ridox arches before I could be swayed;)

I believe its the bomex with the side ducts painted black.

IIRC, that car now has the far superior TRD bumper fitted to it.

Correctamundo matey. And yeaqh that car was at TOTB this year on the Jap Performance stand not far from where Dudes car was, and its now fitted with 20" wheels, TRD front wings and bumper.

Hodge, could you do me a favour, could you measure the width of the D2 calipers?

I'd like to know if they'd fit on mine with the wheels I have. I have UK spec calipers at the moment, and the clearance is very close. If they're any bigger than UK spec, they won't fit. :(

No probs matey. There 140mm across then there is the banjo bolt on top of that for the braided line. Hope this helps.

just to show how big the disc really is compared to number 1 sons head lmao.

heres a piccy I found quite funny

I aim to please!

Best off doing a search on here for the Ridox arches, there a very rare beast, I haven't got any decent pics myself! Actually go on youtube here

Not a fan of that Ridox at all TBH. Its gona be TRD all the way for me I think.

im now wondering if these will clear my Wed's?? Another buy could be on the cards now. :D

Well it sais in the description the clear anything 18" and above with offset 114x5. So I guess they'll fit. Ill let you know soon as Im gona test fit them to my own car soon. If they go on with the wheels I change the brake fluid etc once I find out how to do it that is lol.

Well it sais in the description the clear anything 18" and above with offset 114x5. So I guess they'll fit. Ill let you know soon as Im gona test fit

114 x 5 is the stud pattern, not the offset.

I've re read the advert and it makes no mention of offset for clearance.

My car is with Supraloopy at the mo so I can't measure my UK calipers, but at a guess, I'd say the Uk's are actually wider.