Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I started off early today. Dash 1st, as I couldnt wait to get it in and finished of since kev dropped it off last night. After i got the Stereo and ignition panels fitted it turned out hat the dash2 panel I made was to big for the hole (DOH) so the carper had to come off and reshape it. I must have halfed the weight of the panel when i had finished. I thinned the back down aswell as the front then recovered it in box cloth instead of acoustic carpet. the reason for this was the box cloth is thicker and doesnt give off as much fibres as the carpet so it looks much neater and alot less bulky.

Once it all went together the top part of the dash went in no problem at all. Looked a factory fit. I really amm proud of this it looks the nuts.

kevs had done an awesome job painting it also. The finish is that shiney as you can see by the photos of the dash2 it reflects up onto the top panel.

And heres a pic of the transmission tunnel finished. Im just waiting for that panel to be painted and ill fit that and them were done inside for a while.

After this I took to the engine bay once more for a spot of welding. Now ive never welded before. I had a quick lesson from a mate and he kindly lent me his mig welder and off I went. Ive tack welded plates to cover the 4 large holes in the corners of the engine bay and then started filling them over with chemical metal. I bloody hate filler its crap and I can never get it smooth either lol. Heres the story so far with that.

Thats it so far folks. I can feel another mammoth session coming tomorrow too ;)

Ive spend alot of time filling and sanding, and filling and sanding and errrmmm filling and sanding.

So far im really pleased with the results. Ive chopped the A/C piped off and started filling the hole up. Which is proving a total nightmare. Its the only part of the engine bay ive got left to finish off. Ill get another tub of filler tomorrow and hopefully that will be it. Ready to prime the whole engine bay, polish it back and paint it.

few pics for you all.

Love it, the dash looks fantastic, new camera for Xmas off Santa? :D

Well Jamie promised to buy me 1 so im holding out for that lol.;)

wow John starting to get down to the nitty gritty now!!

love your attention to detail mate.

What size is that boost gauge where the air vent used to be mate? Love that ! :cool:

The boost gauge is 80mm mate. I had to cut out the vent hole 8mm to getit to fit but I really do love it. Its the only thing I kept from my Blue Supra. Defi dont make them anymore so i couldnt let it go with the car really :D

Looking good Hodge.

Quick suggestion, with the gauges in the glove box..... Are you having the interior re-trimmed at all? Just that I was thinking of having something like screen in the glove box and then having the leather trimmed across the gaps so it doesn't look like it 'used' to be a glove box kinda thing :)

Just ordered myself 1 of these from Dusty at MVP. To go with my TRD kit. He recons it should be all on the way to me in the next week or so.

Im in no particular hurry for it to be fair but I ordered all the big stuff 1st incase I ran out of cash and couldnt afford to get them lol.

I also found these pics on MVP's site. Showing the fitment of there TRD kits. I know there just pics but the quality of the kits looks exceptional.