Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That fan kit and Rad look stunning! Painting them black will look superb too mate!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did the rad and fans come to together with your sourcing method?

The rad cost me 125 quid delivered. It's an ASI alloy radiator. I've fitted then to other members cars and know there good quality and a good fit also. I don't see the point in spending a fortune on a koyo or fluidyne if this does the job.

The fan worked out to be I think 140 ish quid delivered from the US but I did have 25 quid customs charge to pay but non on the rad.

The rad cost me 125 quid delivered. It's an ASI alloy radiator. I've fitted then to other members cars and know there good quality and a good fit also. I don't see the point in spending a fortune on a koyo or fluidyne if this does the job.

The fan worked out to be I think 140 ish quid delivered from the US but I did have 25 quid customs charge to pay but non on the rad.

wow, bargain! beats the £400 plus you look at spending on the koyo's

Any chance you could PM me a link to where you bought them from.. pretty please. I feel like copying your brill idea :innocent: :D

My Carbon AB-lug bonnet has arrived today, (SMASHED). Im totally gutted. Odviously UPS have kindly decided it would be Ok to throw it onto the van stand it on the top corners bash it about abit and throw it back off again. I was told by the UPS man its not my fault it was the way I was given it. LIKE F$#K was it.

So now ive had to send it back and need to look for another bonnet. I really wanted this 1 too as I havnt seen another Supra with a carbon AB-Flug bonnet. as AB-Flug dont make them in carbon.

I really cant say it enough im gutted gutted gutted. :(

Nice choice on turbo, shame about the bonnet, i had a replica carbon abflug on the red supra, i got it from knightracer.

Really!!!!!!!.

Do abflug and nore than 1 style of bonnet. The 1 I bought was the 1 with 3 small holes in the front and the 3 vents over the middle.

Centre panel has dried and is ready for some body filler. Quite happy with the results.. Odviously its a little thin in the centre but ill thivken the back up with some more fibreglass before the final fit for the Dash2.

Heres a few bits I got from speedflow the other day.

-8an fuel filter

-8an to 2x-6an Y piece.

4x-12an weld on fittings for the breather kit.

After This is the result of a marithon soldering session today from 2 til 7.30pm. Ive measured up, cut and soldered all the cables on the fusebox long enough to run the cabling through the inner wing to the glovebox. Ive played safe and went for almost 2.5 metres of cable just so there is no stress on the cables when its ran into the cabin. I have to finish making an enclosure to mount it in the glovebox. Im really not looking forward to having to go through it all again when I attach it to the car but needs must.

Jesus John, you don't believe in doing things by halves do you!

Is that dash panel the little beasty that's coming to me for some paint? :)

No news on the rings yet keV but I'll let you know as soon as they arrive mate. Yet that's 1of the panels to be painted but I recon it's gona take a while to finish. I've got 3 ready whenever you fancy collecting then. I'd bring then over but seems I've only got 1 leg lmao....

Wow what a loom looks like a long job, and the dash is coming along a treat.

Well let's hope it works or it's gona be a total electrical nightmare LOL.

With sore fingers from all the soldering and wire stripping yesterday I decided to have a bit of an easy day today. But not able to just do nothing I thought id start on some of the dash trims

I got some of these bits from Thor and the rings I got from ebay.

I must say these rings i got from ebay are the best rings iv ever fitted. I literally just bent the backs a little and they popped in no problems at all, and are very secure. Much better than the EB-Designs rings that were on the market a year or so ago.:D

Going to do abit of work on the centre panel tomorrow and start flattening off the filler so I can errmmmm put some more filler on it lol.

Well let's hope it works or it's gona be a total electrical nightmare LOL.

Should be ok mate as long as you have marked it up and checked it more than once.

Ive checked it about 4 times lol. Im sure its right. but you know when you just doubt yourself for a second or 2 lol.

Looking good bud, (again thanks for the rear spoiler & pipe :thumbs: )

No probs mate. Enjoyed the chat. next time you call over ill have this bloody pot off so bring your scruffys and you can help me with the car. Ill lend you a seat cover for the 911, dont want the missus kicking off lol.

Where did you get those aluminium backings for the heater controls and warning symbols?

Im not telling you lol:p

Its a secret. There nice arnt they. I bet you wish you had some of those. Infact ill tell you when my dash is painted hehehe;)

Any idea when you'll get the chance to call and pick the 1st 3 panels up mate.