Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There should be ball bearings pressed into the front gallery of both cams like this:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=98333&d=1252680698

Not like this:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=98334&d=1252680698

I'll go and check that now matey.

Cheers for the heads up. I'd have never have known.

Catastrophy number 1 avoided LOL.

coming on nicely mate :D

so your going for a quieter exhaust on this one with the Superdragger?

I'm not a massive fan of really loud exhausts TBH they remind me of saxos n corsas LOL. The super drager has everything I want really. Huge tailpipe, quite on tickover and steady driving but howls well with a single.

I have 1 on the blue supra and loved it.

lol, I think I've posted on here more times than Hodge ;)

Very good lmao.:p

Sorry for the delay in updating folks my wife has been ill so aint had alot of time to do much really but here goes.

On Sunday had a couple of my pals round to help me with the brakes which proved interesting to say the least.

After I fitted them and and braided lines I realised I had put the discs on the wrong side (groove rotation) so it all had to come back off again and swap them over.

I must say though what an spot on fit and quality of this Brake kit. Everything litrally just went into place with no fiddling or messing. Seriously considering putting them on the rear too.

heres a couple of pics of them fitted before we bled them off.

The brake fluid I recon had never in the life of the car been changed as it was so black it had stained the resevior. I decided to remove all the fluid from the system and change the resevior which funny enough I had a spare 1 in the shed lol.

heres the resevior which I took off.

And the brake fluid that came out. As you can see all the crap is rising to the top of the jar. it seemed to have bits in.

finally after an hour or so of bleeding the system the with 5.1 heres what the resevior looks like now. has to be the cleanest resevior on the forum lmao;)

This is what the brakes look like under 18" wheels. To be fair I did have to put 5mm spacers on so the wheel didnt catch the calipers.

Now onto the exhaust.

To help it not to rust I sprayed it with heat resistant paint before I fitted it.

I test fitted it and found the tailpipe was sitting to low to the bumper (gap between the bumper and the top of the tailpipe).

Im pretty picky with this kind of thing.

So it needed a little bit of Shineys special modification to get it just right. So out came Johnny bad boy my faithful old hammer which has been with me man and boy to bend the bracket a little.

I then refitted it and hay presto fits perfect.

although im not sure if the car is gona need raising again as the backbox does seem quite LOW:eyebrows:

At this point id like to say a huge thanks to Bossco (Ross) and Gforce (kenny) for all the help with the brakes its greatly appreciated fella I owe you 1.

Last but not least after paying Jurgen a vist ive ordered an engine from japan to come over in his container. Its saved me almost a grand from buying 1 over hear. Ive got everything needed for a TT conversion inc turbos all aux pumps etc and loom.

Granted the engine is out of am aristo but I put 1 in my blue supra so know exactly what needs doing to get it to go in.

I post up some pics of the engine once I get some.

Ah...pics :D I'm at rest.. lol just kidding. Looking Good though, Keep us posted and hope your wife feels better soon. :thumbs:

Cheers dude

making good progress mate keep up the good work, what size wheels do you need to clear the d2 racing calipers

The brakes fit 18" wheels fine I just think the offset needs to be a little grater. The wheels arnt typical jap spec I think. Im sure there wolfrace or something like that.

looking good dude, do love those brakes!

DONT bloody higher it though :cool:

are you going TT rather than single on this one then mate?

Wash your mouth out Jamesy. Single all the way matey lmao:D

Well if he spends anymore money soon I'm pretty sure he'll be single ;)

My wife is sound about it. I made good money selling my blue Supra and like she said I dont smoke, and dont drink often so she cant grumble really. ( her words not mine hahaha).

Ah you lucky man :) Gotta say I was a huge fan of your Blue Supra and am watching this attentively as I'm keen to see how this develops.

I may be around Durham once or twice as I'll be with my Girlfriend visiting a friend of hers. So, I'll try and keep an eye out if I do venture that way.

Ah you lucky man :) Gotta say I was a huge fan of your Blue Supra and am watching this attentively as I'm keen to see how this develops.

I may be around Durham once or twice as I'll be with my Girlfriend visiting a friend of hers. So, I'll try and keep an eye out if I do venture that way.

If your up this neck of the woods your more than welcome to call in and have a look fella.

i may take a venture down to jap show finale before i pull out the engine in october depending on whats going on at the time.

IM at work at the minuite, its the 1st ti e ive took the car out since i changed the exhaust and it sound brill.

Now i always thought an aftermarker exhaust no matter what make was really loud on an n/a but this is really tame and shouts abit on spirited driving but all in all its great.

I'm really envious of it being an aerotop in white over anything!

The fact it'll be a 6 speed single ASWELL will be awesome!

I was looking at those D2 356mm with 8 pots aswell, good to know how they fit! There's 6 pots with 330mm for the rear, I think I'll be saving for them!

Best of luck with the build!

The missus has decided to have a drunken girly night so I took thehint and retired to the garage and decided to give her her 1st PROPER clean. I mean ive washed it and cleaned the inside bafore but only having the car a month and starting modding it almost straight away I havnt spent the time cleaning it to a good standard. But oh did I tonight lol. Ive used almost a full bottle of maguires polish on the car (all I had in the draw) and loads of auto glym rubber and vinyl cleaner the car looks like new now.

Sorry about the crappy pics my phone aint the best at night.:rolleyes:

Looks very appealing Hodge, like I've said all through these past 13 pages, ;) a White Aero looks stunning, namely your one :D

Cheers matey much appreciated.

Done abit of bargain hunting over the weekend and ordered a TRD rear spoiler with carbon blade, carbon end caps and a carbon deck spoiler just to make the rear look that little different. Not sure if im gona like the deck spoiler to be fair but im sure it will sell if I decide not to fit it.

I'm wanting a white and carbon look for the car.

Carbon TRD bonnet

Carbon ganador mirrors

Carbon blade spoiler.

All vent mesh on the bonnet and on the trd front wings will be black.

I've even considered carbon wrapping the roof but ain't too sure now LOL.

Abit of progress but nothing really in theline of fitting stuff really.

ive ordered an engine from Japan Via Jurgen to come in his container. Its an Aristo lump but seems theres not alot of difference I thought to save ALOT of money id just go for that. I converted and fitted an Aristo lump into my blue supra so i know what hasto be done so thats a bonus lol. The engine has around 60,000 and cones with turbos, loom all ancilliries including pas pump, a/c pump alternator etc and I paid under a grand for the lot what can I say lol. with the cost of this build going to spiral out of control im seriously going to have to be very choosy on what in buying and when.

Jurgen recons the engine should arrive late November early decomber which will work out just nice as im gona strip the engine out of the car end of October as so I can hide all the wiring paint the engine bay and do a few trick things under the bonnet before I come to build the engine and drop it in.

heres a couple of pics Jurgen sent me of the engne.

Ive also paid a visit to Envy the other day to price a few bits and bobs up. Gaz was really helpful in giving me some advice and some really good prices on parts etc.

Whilst I was there I did come home with a top glovebox border gauge pod which I hit on luckyh with really as there now discontinued and he still had 1 in stock.:D

Well these pics have just totally blown me away. With abit of luck this is how the engine bay will look when finished. its really strange but I had a vision in my head how I wanted it to look then these pics arrived and they were almost the same is how I wanted it to look. Atleast ive got something I can work with now so I can see how things should go if you know what I mean;)