hodge

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Rays the roof

Been keeping a thread of this and resisted tempation to post, but after seeing that picture, I must now....

Wow. Will defo find an excuse to make the journey across Yorkshire to see it once finished. Hopefully can bring over a couple of shiney bits too for you Hodge. ;)

Ray

Been keeping a thread of this and resisted tempation to post, but after seeing that picture, I must now....

Wow. Will defo find an excuse to make the journey across Yorkshire to see it once finished. Hopefully can bring over a couple of shiney bits too for you Hodge. ;)

Ray

Your more than welcome to call over Ray anytime matey. Once the engine arrived I'll be sending a huge box of stuff to be chromed.

its coming along nicely john will have to pop over mate and have a look might give the sup a run out.

Anytime liam giz a buzz when you fancy calling over ill get the missus to put the sunday dinner on.

Oh no.......... And i open the flood gates lmao.

Well these pics have just totally blown me away. With abit of luck this is how the engine bay will look when finished. its really strange but I had a vision in my head how I wanted it to look then these pics arrived and they were almost the same is how I wanted it to look. Atleast ive got something I can work with now so I can see how things should go if you know what I mean;)

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa74/hodge_012/whiteengine.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa74/hodge_012/whiteengine2.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa74/hodge_012/whiteengine3.jpg

Wow nice choice. Probably a good job your starting with the NA engine bay, slightly less bits to remove.

Wow nice choice. Probably a good job your starting with the NA engine bay, slightly less bits to remove.

yeah that was the plan colin. The empty/tidy look is good for engine bays I recon thats if its done correctly and alot of time spent on it to be maticulious with everything.

Guest Rays the roof
Ill reveal all as the build moves on. if I tell you everything before I do it it wont be a suprise will it lol. !!!SPOIL SPORT!!!

Ive got a proper trick idea for the main fuse box I just hope it will fit.

You are going to put it in you pocket and have a wireless fuse box. Now that's a proper trick mate...:p

You are going to put it in you pocket and have a wireless fuse box. Now that's a proper trick mate...:p

Ill need dam big pockets Ray.. then I recon once the car is finished my pockets wont have anything in them for a long time lol. :p So there'll be loads of room for a fuse box.

A few little updates going on.

I took a trip to Jevansio's on Sunday night to buy a set of facelift front indicators of him. But Jay being Jay point blank refused to take any money off me telling me it was his contribition to my project.

What a guy. I would like to publicly thank Jay for this as it was very greatly appreciated. Theres too many people out there who would gladly pull your eyes out to make a few quid. THANKS ALOT JAY i OWE YOU 1 MATE.

I got them fitted on monday night and there awesome. I know im fitting a trd kit but i couldnt help myself and thought well I need to do the wiring anyways lol. Ill post some pics up later on.

Ive also got myself a 6 speed yey, finally im gona have a manual lol. Ive got this little lot from Jurgen coming over in the same container as my engine. Jurgen has kindly agreed to let me pay for the box when it arrives in the country. Thanks for that again its greatly appreciated. God knows how im gona get it all home lol..

It even comes with a TRD clutch. Im gona have to do abit of research on whaty sort of power the clutch can hold odviously so may end up selling the clutch if it wont hold around 700bhp easerly.

heres a few pics of the box and the bits with it.

Also on Saturday hopefully ill be picking up 1 of these little beautys aswell as a greddy 4 row intercooler, HKS ignition twin power and a blitz ID color boost controller.

A few little updates going on.

I took a trip to Jevansio's on Sunday night to buy a set of facelift front indicators of him. But Jay being Jay point blank refused to take any money off me telling me it was his contribition to my project.

What a guy. I would like to publicly thank Jay for this as it was very greatly appreciated. Theres too many people out there who would gladly pull your eyes out to make a few quid. THANKS ALOT JAY i OWE YOU 1 MATE.

I got them fitted on monday night and there awesome. I know im fitting a trd kit but i couldnt help myself and thought well I need to do the wiring anyways lol. Ill post some pics up later on.

Ive also got myself a 6 speed yey, finally im gona have a manual lol. Ive got this little lot from Jurgen coming over in the same container as my engine. Jurgen has kindly agreed to let me pay for the box when it arrives in the country. Thanks for that again its greatly appreciated. God knows how im gona get it all home lol..

It even comes with a TRD clutch. Im gona have to do abit of research on whaty sort of power the clutch can hold odviously so may end up selling the clutch if it wont hold around 700bhp easerly.

heres a few pics of the box and the bits with it.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa74/hodge_012/gearbox2.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa74/hodge_012/gearbox1.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa74/hodge_012/gearbox3.jpg

Also on Saturday hopefully ill be picking up 1 of these little beautys aswell as a greddy 4 row intercooler, HKS ignition twin power and a blitz ID color boost controller.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa74/hodge_012/veilsideplenum-1.jpg

No probs at all mate, it's all Karma, like when I'm out on a Supra run out & spring an oil leak & someone offers to have the car back to his so he can take the front off & find the problem, people like that are good friends :D

Saw the car on Sunday & it's a peach, it really seems a shame to put a kit on a car which looks sooo fine as it stands, but hey I know John will make a cracking job. Keep up the good work bud :)

No probs at all mate, it's all Karma, like when I'm out on a Supra run out & spring an oil leak & someone offers to have the car back to his so he can take the front off & find the problem, people like that are good friends :D

Well lets just say I like taking supras to bits lol. :)

Thanks again Jay They really look the biz on a white car.

I got them in really earerly even those side bolts i had to make in the bomper were fine. Well 1 was the other snapped as I was tightening it up. Dono what happened there lol. Good job it was on the 1 that had 3 bolts or id be looking sick lol.;)

Well lets just say I like taking supras to bits lol. :)

Thanks again Jay They really look the biz on a white car.

I got them in really earerly even those side bolts i had to make in the bomper were fine. Well 1 was the other snapped as I was tightening it up. Dono what happened there lol. Good job it was on the 1 that had 3 bolts or id be looking sick lol.;)

Too much torque, proper bloke syndrome :D,

John

Hope you dont mind but will put the answer to your questions in here so others can see for futute reference.

"hi ryan

Hope your well matey.

My new supra im going to use 1 of your solaris ems with a dash2 display.

Im just abit unsure of what else im gona need for the ems setup as ive been offered

some parts but thought id check with you 1st.

Will i need an hks twin power ignition and also a boost controller or will the

solaris do all i need.

Aslo how much can you supply and map the solaris and dash2 unit. Im probably

looking to buy all the parts around december/janurary time and have it mapped

fingers crossed around may at latest.

"

Firstly John you can call anytime. Sometimes its the best way to get hold of me as when im driving between jobs im free and able to talk away.

Ok so with the Solaris S6 you wont need a HKS DLI unit as its drives the coils directly as you will have enough spark energy up to 1000+bhp with the correct sparks.

Boost control again is done through the solaris and just cant be beaten in terms of control. Solenoid costs £45 and the rest is done through the ecu.

The S6 is £1300+vat and the Dash2 is £600+vat for everything needed to run with the Solaris.

Fitting wise i make up a Plug and play loom adaptor which is £130 and then mapping price is all dependant on what you would like setup. Ie Knock control, Traction Control, Lanch Control, Twin Maps.... and lots more

Ryan

Well ideally id like the whole lot setup Ryan including a twin map so i can switch detween the 2.

If you could sort me out an all in price for the solaris, dash2, solnoid, and the plug and play adaptor fully mapped with all the trimmings please that would be great. id expect its gona take you a full day to do. The offer of a room for the night is always there matey and dont mind throwing in a box of latex gloves for the missus's fake tan if you want it:p.

OK OK heres abit of an update. Got a few more bits sorted out.

Ive gone for a bosch 044 pump, filter and -8an adaptor. Got this from Paul at Whifbitz who had them on the shelf which was damn convenient lol. ive also ordered an ATI crank pulley for Whifbitz too.

My carbon blade TRD spoiler, carbon deck spoiler arrived the other day. What an awesome bit of work the carbon weave is perfect. Ive took the side parts into work to be painted on the quiet and will be picking them up tomorrow night.

Also at the weekend I met up with David Price. He is the owner of the Green Supra Envy built. What a sound guy, and patient I may add seems his supra build has taken all in all 4 years up to now and hes only drove it a few hundred mile and never boosted it. When Titan are done and he brings it home he was kind enough to offer me a passanger ride up the drag strip. Cheers fella ill look forward to it and ill bring my sick bag lol.

After leaving him in the services i came away with a Greddy 4 row intercooler with modified 4" inlet and outlet instead of the usual 3" and a veilside plemun, 100mm throttle body and fuel rail.

There do look nice in pics but nothing to seeing them close up.

Heres a few piccy for you to oogle at. I havnt had chance to clean or polish any of the parts yet so they do look abit mucky lol.

Edited by hodge (see edit history)