The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

It wont make any difference I would have thought. Ill be putting my oil cooler and PAS cooler in front of the rad anyway so i guess it will help cooling those too.

I don't think it will make any difference either bud, IIRC the fans supplied by PHR as part of the kit are different too

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see what you mean Jay. I really cant see any huge difference in the amount of air each fan moves with a difference of 2 blades. Seems the Supra has a 5 blade fan, if there was any difference that would be the better fan.

I see what you mean Jay. I really cant see any huge difference in the amount of air each fan moves with a difference of 2 blades. Seems the Supra has a 5 blade fan, if there was any difference that would be the better fan.

I wouldn't sweat it bud, the fact you have 1 of each means if one is "better" at least you have one :)

I mean on one hand I like 5 bladed fans.... but on the other hand I like 7 bladed fans, but which is better?

There's only one way to find out :D FIGHT :D

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)

I decided that the steering arm that comes through the bulkhead and 2 of the lower chassis bars were a little untidy so ive gave them a coat on nic shiney black paint. ive also taken some pics with a decent camera just to give you all a little boner lmao :p

I test fitted the greddy 4 row today and did abit of work getting everything ready for the 6 speed conversion coming.

I didnt realise how big this intercooler actually was until it was mounted. It really is HUGE.

Following Dudes 6 speed conversion thread which I must say was extremely useful boing this or id have ben stuck in a few places.

Unfortunatly with me having a touch like an elephant ive gone and snapped the brake pedel bracket. Luckly enough keron has pulled me out preverbial by getting me 1 sent out on next day delivery which is awesome. Thanks mate.

Ive also drilled all the holes that need drilling ready for the clutch pedal and master cylinder.. Snapping the bracket was abit of a tinker mind seems I had to drop the steering column down to get the bracket off due to a stay bar being in the way.

Heres a couple of inercooler fitted pics:eyebrows:

That IC is huge, will you have any issues with clearance on the bumper and are you staying stock or after market.

EDIT: Just seen your selling the stock one lol

Full widearch TRD kit mate. Ordered it before xmas from Dusty at MVP. Should be hereend of Jan I recon.

Absolutely awesome stuff mate! Been over a month since I checked in on this thread so could hardly believe everything you've done - top marks and then some.

Have to say, but it I think I prefererred the old style pics from your phone - gave the thread some 'edge' with some grainy/gritty pics of the determination of one man in his garage ;)

There appears to be a few fins bent on your IC. Maybe better to tape some cardboard in front and behind while you're fitting etc...

I bought the intercooler 2nd hand mark and just gave itabit of shiney magic with the polisher.

I will try and straighten the fins when it all goes together for the final fit but I'm not too worried at the min.

Absolutely awesome stuff mate! Been over a month since I checked in on this thread so could hardly believe everything you've done - top marks and then some.

Have to say, but it I think I prefererred the old style pics from your phone - gave the thread some 'edge' with some grainy/gritty pics of the determination of one man in his garage ;)

I here what your saying stevo. I'll try and mix the pics up abit. Some with the phone and some with the camera LOL.

Well hopefully my brake pedal bracket will come tomorrow from Keron so I can get all that put back together.

I bought the intercooler 2nd hand mark and just gave itabit of shiney magic with the polisher.

I will try and straighten the fins when it all goes together for the final fit but I'm not too worried at the min.

I see, apologies... in that case it looks amazing for 2nd hand! Good job!