Supra Pod 2009 Discussion Thread

SteveR

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Steve R is handling the signups for this, and has said he can update the list once Llandow is out the way this weekend.

So list should be updated next week.

We have 100 spaces for drag racing by the way, we need around 70 to be filled to make this come close to break even...

Tricky one. I would have said not.

Each year we ask for traders to help us with sponsorship for the event. It was not particularly forthcoming over the previous years, so this year we are asking traders to pay that bit extra over normal members to cover that shortfall.

It may or may not work out but we are trying it to see how it works.

Its unbelievable how few of us have signed up for the strip, come on people get signed up....!!!!!

I wouldn't worry (just yet) about the numbers, it maybe that a fair few members only look at one event ahead (like me) and once Japshow is out of the way the list will grow.

Soo & I will be going and will be egging on Amazing Grace & MrT to go as well as I'm sure they will.

Would be a good idea to put up a SupraPod sticky notice at the top of the page to replace the Club Track Day reminder.

Should be a great day in the sun :D

ohhh, yes, I've been looking forward to this, but also been out of work for six months, so I might have to wait a few weeks to book my spot!

So, all this talk of breaking up the sea of Supra's, any more bikes going this year? I'm not going to bring mine again if I've got no-one to play with - not fair on the cars and I was "Billy no-mates" last year!

I might be tempted to do the drifting instead, for a bit of a change - will there be peeps there who can teach us novices how to do it as well?

If anyone is thinking of doing the drag racing at Suprapod, please PM me first. I have paid for a space but unfortunately will no longer be able to take part. Just would like back what i have paid.

Branners is aware of this.

:)

Bump :)

Bikes are allowed as well, we dont want a swarm of them but some wont be a problem.

I like anything thats different but still quick.

I appreciate you don't want a swarm, you said that last year, but after all sorts of promises from other possible playmates I ended up being the only bike there, and as Santapod won't let you run two wheels against four I don't feel its fair to take up the WHOLE track with one bike, even if my little 1 litre NA did get better times than most of those twin-turbo "ricer" Supras :D

I may have missed this, but is there any news of anything thats organised at Billing on the Sunday ?

Trying to decide if it's worth another £50-£60 on a stay over just so I can have a drink on Sat night !

Cheers

GS

If there is stuff happening it may well attract more to sign up :)