Supra Pod 2009 Discussion Thread

SteveR

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it rains all day will the event be canceled ?

nope, the track time will be cancelled but we are taking out the usual insurance policy against that. We can still all have a car show and look round. The drifting will still happen anyway and the cafe will be open along with suitable club gazeebo space!!

• 2 weeks later...
Paid up and sent PM but got this

will call him !! ;)

Panic not, I got the PM but am a little behind in processing bookings with things like the tech talk yesterday and other stuff eating up a lot of my free time. I'll catch up tonight. :thumbs:

Weird that I'm still getting PMs fine and have lots of room, I'll ask Mawby why you got a message saying I wouldn't recieve the PM. :search:

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt very much if we could get to the required 100 supra competitors to make the day pay for itself.

If we doubled the entry prices for competitors and spectators then it could be Supra only. Bear in mind it costs over £5.5k to hire Santa Pod and we are not planning on making money on this.

I also like a nice mixture of cars. 10 years of events means I have seen almost every style and type of Supra drag race, I still like to see other cars there.

I doubt very much if we could get to the required 100 supra competitors to make the day pay for itself.

If we doubled the entry prices for competitors and spectators then it could be Supra only. Bear in mind it costs over £5.5k to hire Santa Pod and we are not planning on making money on this.

I also like a nice mixture of cars. 10 years of events means I have seen almost every style and type of Supra drag race, I still like to see other cars there.

The civic type r was very interesting to see last time, and the mr2s were seriously fast. Nice to have something to break it up a little.

• 3 weeks later...

Camping details will go up ASAP. Unfortunately my home PC gfx card has gone pop and I've not had chance to sort it as yet; I'm somewhat behind with a few things at the moment due to working 65 hour weeks and commuting another 12 on top of that. :( (Apologies to those waiting for info or to see their names appear on the paid list.)