Supra Pod 2009 Discussion Thread

SteveR

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What rules will there be in terms of how fast you can run without a 10pt cage, parachute, etc. ?

And will there be any prep work done to the track (ie. trackbite or other glue compound)

A fully prepped track should be good :D

I should just about have mine sorted by middle of July so hopefully i'll be there.

I've not booked yet but when i get back from my break i'll be booking a slot and also will be staying at Billing for the Friday & Saturday nights :)

I think if you plan on running under a 10 second I would need to check the rules to see what they think is needed.

The track will be prepped. If we get the cars coming along that I hope to get then it will be properly prepped for an 8 second car.

Count me in!! I'm definately taking the trip over from Denmark for this.

Hey,

I've never been to an event specially for supras, i only recently got my supra a month ago and still doin work to it as its not how i want it, but just would love to come and see other ppls and talk to some ppl :)

Can you tell me what goes on at the event? is it Drag, Drift and a sort of show an shine thing? or anythin else happen? Sorry if i seem stupid lol..

steve needs to update the list, surely we must have 20 by now

Am working on it now. Apologies for the delays everyone, have been playing catchup due to my PC going pop, then work needing me to do 80 hours weeks. :(

Will be sorted today hopefully, certainly by the end of the weekend at th every latest. :) I have a lot of stuff to catch up on! :(

80hrs, thats harsh mate

...plus the 12 hours of commuting each week. One night I got in at 3am then was back up at 6am to go back in to work. That wasn't mnormal though, I have more 'normally' finished at 22:00~00:00.

No more! I hope. :)

Hey,

I've never been to an event specially for supras, i only recently got my supra a month ago and still doin work to it as its not how i want it, but just would love to come and see other ppls and talk to some ppl :)

Can you tell me what goes on at the event? is it Drag, Drift and a sort of show an shine thing? or anythin else happen? Sorry if i seem stupid lol..

This should help ;)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=180236

If anyone is thinking of doing the drag racing at Suprapod, please PM me first. I have paid for a space but unfortunately will no longer be able to take part. Just would like back what i have paid.

Branners is aware of this.

:)

:bump:

can i ask what kind of cars are doing the drag racing?

as in power? is it like TOTB with 600+ bhp cars running 10 and 11's? or will there be some BPU cars?

how many drag runs do you normally get?

do you need special race fuel for it? different tyres?

can i ask what kind of cars are doing the drag racing?

as in power? is it like TOTB with 600+ bhp cars running 10 and 11's? or will there be some BPU cars?

how many drag runs do you normally get?

do you need special race fuel for it? different tyres?

You can ask whatever you like, and we'll do our best to answer you, however can you start by reading the the main information and FAQ thread, see if that helps at all, but then of course come back with any questions you still have unanswered? I'm sure you understand we get a lot of duplicate questions and it can be time consuming to answer them all. :)

The link it at the start of this thread, and in my sig.

You can ask whatever you like, and we'll do our best to answer you, however can you start by reading the the main information and FAQ thread, see if that helps at all, but then of course come back with any questions you still have unanswered? I'm sure you understand we get a lot of duplicate questions and it can be time consuming to answer them all. :)

The link it at the start of this thread, and in my sig.

Hi mate

yeah did read all that beforehand, as i can imagine u getting asked a lot of Q's.

I see there is unlimited action on the strip - just wondered roughly how many times you actually get to use it with 100 people there on the day?

and would also like to know what sort of spec'd supras race on the day?

do you get drawn at random as who you are racing>?

and also the fuel/tyres question?

(hope none of that has already been mentioned on the link as i cant see it!! :D)

Hi mate

yeah did read all that beforehand, as i can imagine u getting asked a lot of Q's.

I see there is unlimited action on the strip - just wondered roughly how many times you actually get to use it with 100 people there on the day?

and would also like to know what sort of spec'd supras race on the day?

do you get drawn at random as who you are racing>?

and also the fuel/tyres question?

(hope none of that has already been mentioned on the link as i cant see it!! :D)

I think last year i must have done around 20+ runs :D

There are all types of Supras running from n/a's to TT's to Single Turbo Supras.

I ran my normal road tyres although they had to be changed shortly after :D

I just ran my usual fuel (Optimax)

:)

Edited by Steve (see edit history)

cheers mate - what about the fuel then do you just fill up before you get there?

am thinking 20 runs will easily do a tank of fuel no? :)

Yeah i filled up before i got there. Cant remember how much fuel i used (wasn't a tank full though), but as mine was a T67 single Supra, i am guessing it used a little more than most :D

Gutted i won't be taking part this year :(

Edited by Steve (see edit history)