Supra Pod 2009 Discussion Thread

SteveR

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL, funny thread already. I would offer to give u a lift home but I know I'll be far too drunk from the moment we arrive :)

yeah but you have to pay a tenner to get back in! :p

Anyone want to stay over at my place? i have a spare room with a double bed, 50-50 on the re-entry fee? :p

Thanks steve. Sorry im a pain in the arse. Your the best! Everyone should buy you a drink on the sunday.

No no I didn't mean anyone in particular. I've been putting the info/graphics together for weeks, and this week especially has beena final push ti get it all together to go live, and it's always a rush getting it sorted, posted, links, calendar, access, discussion, the mega-keen people's bookings and inevitable mising bits of info with some of those...

I'm just knackered from the whole thing, not anyone in particular. :)

A lot goes into it and you don't realise until you look back. I reckon I've spent 10 hours putting just that first post of info/pictures together.

Come the event I shall reap my reward and do f-all all day! :D

Guigsy, stop whingeing :p

When organising this we've had to factor in the best options for the club as a whole, unfortunatly this is a little unfair on locals that don't wish to stay at billing, but they are by far in the minority. They are billings rules and we cannot change them. sadly.

It will be a fun weekend for members and a great chance for a large number of us to have a few drinks and a bit of banter :D Really looking forward to this already... only 5 months to go :innocent:

Hi Steve mate,

Just sent Paypal payment for me on the drag strip ;)

Going to be a great weekend looking so forward to it all as i missed last years one

Will be also organising my usual massive CONVOY from Toddington up to there Saturday morning :eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

Cheers Lui

Edited by lui (see edit history)

guigsy your so tight we'll hear you arse squeakin before we hear your exhaust!!!

heres the plan, on saturday night park with me in the billing mill pub car park, its just a short walk over a bridge and across the field. (the best field to camp in btw as its next to the pub!) then pay the £10 on the sunday.... failing that i'll drop you home n pick u back up sunday!!

Hi Steve mate,

Just sent Paypal payment for me on the drag strip ;)

Excellent!

...but...

Can you send me a PM with the required info in it too, please :p

snip-

1. PayPal whatever £ you're paying...
  2. Once you've done that, send me a PM with ALL of the following info:
    • The PayPal reference & email details you are given when paying so I can tie-up who's paid with what payment
    • Exactly what you've paid and what for! (e.g. £XX for 1 driver doing both drag/drift, plus 1 spectator)
    • Driver's full (real) name
    • Make & model of vehicle
    • Vehicle registration
    • If you are also coming to Billing (so we can track numbers)

I will then add your name to the "PAID" list; here in post #2. :cool:

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you don't follow the above request accurately you risk your booking & payment going missing. Please realise it's time consuming handling 150 bookings without having to chase a dozen or so people for details they didn't PM me

:p

:p

im broke till end of the month!!! as for the drifting etc. must we bring our own old bold tyres or will there be some avilable there?

There will be a tyre van there to swap your tyres for you. He will have part worns I believe. But I will clarify that with Pod and let you know.

Do bear in mind the drift thing is new, we have not tried it before so its going to be flexible in how we run it.

im broke till end of the month!!! as for the drifting etc. must we bring our own old bold tyres or will there be some avilable there?

Bring your own, the tyre man will be there to swap tyres onto/off rims for you but I don't think he can supply any. I'm sure Branners will be able to clarify when he sees this, he's booked everything. :)

edit - doh, beaten to it!

Bring your own, the tyre man will be there to swap tyres onto/off rims for you but I don't think he can supply any. I'm sure Branners will be able to clarify when he sees this, he's booked everything. :)

edit - doh, beaten to it!

thanks branners. well at japfest there was a big green container full up of old tyres. when people were drifting and blowing out they were getting tyres changed by the guy at the container. if we were to bring tyres it would very difficult. a bold tyre wouldnt last long and theres not much room in the sup......:(

anyways will await branners response otherwise ill only be drag running :D

edit 2 : Can i pimp this on other jap car forums?
I think this edit was missed. For now no. Lets see how many of our members want to attend first. Please remember this is a private event and attendance is by invite of the club only.

I just think thats a bit unfair on the local members who happen to live here. Imagine if there was a meet on your driveway but it cost you 10 quid to attend :p.

I dont mind paying a tenner, it is after all a event. i just dont think i should have to pay twice just because i live closer than everyone else :S

Maybe i have issues.

Just think of the fuel your saving with it being on your doorstep :)

I'll do a fair bit more than a tenner just in petrol getting there and back and im only in B'ham :( but hey your only here once so what the heck :D

I just can't decide if i fancy throwing the old girl up the strip or not :D