Supra Pod 2009 Discussion Thread

SteveR

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you ET has to be over 110mph or something, dont remember the exact number. Usually only the single conversions mannage that :p

Officially it's 100mph (or 110, I forget), but they only enforce it once you get to 120mph (so thats drag prepped BPU TT's, or single turbos)

OOOH fancy this. Im running a single so hope Id need a helmet due to an astonishing time but atlas Im no Stig ! Either way do we have to supply our own or is there a rent-a-lid there as I got one for a tenner at Donnington Race Track for their track day...or was it Doncaster !!!

OOOH fancy this. Im running a single so hope Id need a helmet due to an astonishing time but atlas Im no Stig ! Either way do we have to supply our own or is there a rent-a-lid there as I got one for a tenner at Donnington Race Track for their track day...or was it Doncaster !!!

You'll need to bring your own, or borrow one from another person here.

120mph terminal is very fast tho!

Below is straight from the Santa Pod RWYB web site ;)

It may help answer some questions one being it's 110mph or more and helmet is required :)

RWYB Rules & Regulations

1. A full valid recognised driving licence is required to sign-on.

2. Seat belt is mandatory for your own safety.

3. Helmets required for all bikes and open top cars, and any vehicles doing 110 mph or more at the finish line. Arm straps required in open top cars.

4. Bikers have to wear crash helmet together with appropriate motorcycle riding apparel. One-piece or two-piece zip-together suits are recommended, made from suitable materials. You may be suspended from using the strip if you are not appropriately dressed. T-shirts and shorts are not safe items to wear on the track.

5. Before you go on to the track you need to visit the signing on office to sign a declaration form and pay your signing on fee.

6. No Passengers are allowed on the strip.

Santa Pod Raceway Rules & Regulations

ESSENTIAL INFORMATION FOR SANTA POD VISITORS

Please observe the following rules to ensure that your weekend and that of all our other visitors is safe and enjoyable.

1. 10MPH SPEED LIMIT EVERYWHERE ON SITE

Except for the drag strip of course! Please watch your speed when driving on-site. There are many people walking around especially young children.

2. NO GLASS ON SITE

No glass bottles, jars etc allowed on site. This is for you and your car's safety and especially for those in the camping areas.

3. WATER

The water supply and reserves have been vastly improved on site in the past two years. Drink it, clean with it but PLEASE don't waste it!

4. NOISE

Please remember noise from the racing, especially drag cars and exhibition vehicles, including the Jet Car, can be loud. Please wear ear protection at all times in close proximity of the track, especially children. Ear protection can be purchased from the Santa Pod Shop and/or the Merchandise Trailer.

5. Do not trespass onto any of the adjoining private fields or woods. Any persons found on adjoining property will be evicted off the site immediately.

6. Only CHARCOAL barbecues are allowed; open fires of any sort are not permitted. Wood will not be allowed on site or to be collected from adjoining private land.

7. No dogs or pets of any kind are allowed on site for any reason.

8. No quad bikes, mopeds or any other unlicenced motorised vehicles are allowed on site.

9. When travelling round the site please keep to the roads and observe the 10mph speed limit at all times.

10. No parking on any roadway - park only in the camping or parking areas and in accordance with the instructions of the parking marshals.

11. No driving around the site after 9 p.m.

12. Any music should be played at a reasonable level and all sound systems should be shut down at midnight.

13. Please dispose of your litter in the refuse sacks provided and/or in the clearly marked bins throughout the site.

14. Security will be on site at all times throughout the event to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable time. Their instructions must be followed at all times. Please contact them in any emergency.

15. Trakbak Racing Limited reserves the right to vary or amend these rules at any time without prior notice and to remove any visitor from site who does not observe these rules at any time without compensation.

16. Please note and read the racing disclaimer on the rear of your entrance ticket.

All of us at Santa Pod hope that you have a safe and enjoyable weekend at the Raceway. Please let us have any ideas or suggestions you think might make your future visits better.

I haven't made my mind up yet if i'm going, it's going to be a busy year for me with Pro-drag street at Shakey and hopefuly running in the HKS series. Along with testing i havent got many free weekends ffor family things. I've also just started a new business and it needs me there most of the time at the moment also most of my spare cash :(

Last year was a disaster, my clutch let go the weekend before at Shakey so ended up selling my ticket and went down in merc just to watch for a couple of hours.

I am very tempted though :eyebrows:

The motorhome could be parked at Billing on friday night and drive over to pod in the car, then back to Billing for some beers :D

I don't know how long i can resist now signing up ;)

Officially it's 100mph (or 110, I forget), but they only enforce it once you get to 120mph (so thats drag prepped BPU TT's, or single turbos)

Sorry to disagree on this Darryl. I was pulled over after the first run last year for hitting 112 and told I needed a helmet if I wanted to run again. Was told that anything over 110 is strictly enforced.

If you have one and drive a TT, I'd recommend taking it