• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:D

Good buy Rog :thumbs:

They are a hard ride I give you that! Just about to replace the shock in one of mine.

I hope it not as bad as Jen's Civic was, otherwise I will be selling them on. Is the shock replacement the one you had problem with last year

Lovely job on the car so far mate, looks great and loving those Coilovers :)

Thanks, appreciate the good feedback, it keeps creeping foward year on year lol

It's in ShellShocked again now, but no changes this time, just repair work and a touch up

Then when I get her home need to look at getting the Coilovers on and then I have a couple of other minor parts to go on

Mot end of March, which is going to be iffy due to the load exhaust, my Mot place listed the exhaust as an advisory on the last Mot and it was still N/A then and much quieter

Might possibly have some wheels lined up pending a test fit, but more to come on that if it works out

It always feels a bit odd when I look out the front of the house and the Supra isn't sat on the drive, I guess that's a bit of sad thing to say really. Hate to think how I will feel when the time comes to sell

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Yes mate. I was `apparently ` one month outside the 1 year warranty they supply. They said because they don't fail they would sell me one for half price.

If they don't fail, why do they stock them on their shelves. Sounds a bit weird.

Oil the tops of the strut's where parts show in the engine bay. They rust, clearly not a high grade stainless.

I have been cleaning up my Photobucket today and thought I would paste a couple of pics to show a few stages in one post

This is a couple of days after I bought the Supra on 15/08/07

Then the 1st combination of body part to look like this

and as she is now

Interior

as I got it

from a while ago

As it now

Engine bay

N/A

TT BPU, but a work in progress still

Rear

After a couple of tweaks

A bit further along

and as of now

:thumbs:

I do love your supra Rog. Everything fits so well together :)

Any news when you get it back from SS?

Thanks mate, it was a big gamble to try this combination of parts at the time, as it had not been tried before as far as I am aware it is still the only Supra to look like this, so I really have a one of a kind Supra

I always wanted to reflect the Stock looking car with a bit more aggression, but keeping the curves

I am certainly very happy with the outcome anyway

Won't be back from ShellShocked until next Saturday now, there are no changes this time, just the repair and a refresh

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Supra back from ShellShocked on Saturday, all sorted now:d

I then somehow ended up spending loads more money on these wheels, they need to have a refurb and will have Black centres then

Got a Mini Meet arranged at Buster's mates workshop on Saturday to fit the Coilovers and hopefully will be going up to pay and collect the rims the following weekend

Well Fearless has let me collect the wheels today, as I was nearby with the lorry, so saves me going up especially

Realy good of him, as no money has changed hands yet

Well as you have seen in the earlier pics, they are really dirty and its not just dusty dirt either

So this is one after a quick soapy wipe down, in the front room, as it's tipping it down outside and Jen is at work:eyebrows:

This is a different wheel, but it was proberbly a bit worse than the other

You can start to see the mirror polish coming back at the top, this is after about 30 mins work

When I can do it outside, I will get the Dremel out, should speed the polishing up a bit

Looks like it's a KitKat Chunky dish:cool:

Anyway it's a start and Jen won't come home and think I have spent a fortune on a dirty old set of wheels now lol:innocent:

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would compile a list of bits I have to do over the next couple of months before the Dragonball

Hopefully I will get it all done in time

Get it through the MOT (put a Cat back on etc)

Put new Ariel Mast in

Replace stock front speaker with the Bose ones I have just got

Refurb, get tyres and fit my new wheels Volks GT-N 18x11j and 10j :d4 1/2 inch rear dish, 3 1/2 inch front dish:d

Sort out the coilover height

Make a custom set of arch liners for the fronts with 2 sets of standard liners

Fit Blue LED window switches and try and get the cigarette and ignition Blue LED from Heckler

Do the custom Dash panel to hold an iPhone 3GS for the Tunes (probably won't get to this before the Dragonball)

Oil Filter and Oil change

Replace the HID Fogs with normal ones

Remove the front bumper, touch up the paint on the inner ducting

Remove the Intercooler, make a bracket so it sits lower and mount it on anti vibration mounts

Move the Intercooling hard pipe into the bumper further to allow the arch trim to be pulled further in to stop the scrubing

Fit the Stock Stereo brackets and replace the Dash Panel, so the Stereo sits inside the Dash Panel to tidy it up

Clean and polish the engine bay, including trying to get a more polished look to the throttle body and Intake

There's probably a few other bits as well, but that's a start

To be honest, I have done this list to try and give me a bit of incentive to go out in the cold and make a start

The necessary pic for my thread:D

Put my Led Window switch in today

And also put the Bose speakers in, have to say what a massive improvement they are over the stock ones

For the £30 delivered I paid, they must be one of the best improvements I have made for the money and pretty much fit perfectly, just need to be a bit forceful with the screws

With the stock ones only being 15w, these are a big step up with 150w:music:

Hopefully get a couple more little bits sorted tomorrow

We want to see pictures of the wheeeeels Rog!

They need a lot of work and I have made a start, but they are taking a lot of work to polish up

I have made a start on one, but I am thinking they might have to wait for a while now and have a professional Refurb when I can get the money together, which means it might be the end of the summer at best

What car are the speakers from ?

Do a search on EBay for BOSE 101 or any of these 802 901 800 402 151, ideally you want a 4 ohms set, as that is the Supra stock setup, but mine are 8 ohms, which will be fine for my needs

I would go

400 -> 800 -> 1200 -> 1500

each with plenty of water, then need to use some autoglymm to polish them up, I have only done a few little things. if you google it then you will find a couple of how to

Cheers Matt

I have been trying to do it with just Autoglym

and it is major hard work lol

I think I will start with a 1200 grit, as they are not horrendous, just not shiny