The mkiv Supra Owners Club

F1 2022!!!!!

Annabella

Totally forgot Perez was in a fully working car with brand new softs on when the Safety Car was out. Thought for sure Hamilton was going to pass the Ferrari's and win after the restart.

Happy for Carlos and good to at least see the Merc competing. Lost the race in the pit lane unfortunately.

26 minutes ago, Style said:

Totally forgot Perez was in a fully working car with brand new softs on when the Safety Car was out. Thought for sure Hamilton was going to pass the Ferrari's and win after the restart.

Happy for Carlos and good to at least see the Merc competing. Lost the race in the pit lane unfortunately.

I think if Hamilton was on the Mediums he might of been able to do a bit more, Martin Brundle said the car didnt look as well sorted on the softs. I also think Hamilton would of won without the safety car. 

3 hours ago, mattdavies said:

I think if Hamilton was on the Mediums he might of been able to do a bit more, Martin Brundle said the car didnt look as well sorted on the softs. I also think Hamilton would of won without the safety car. 

Yeah, Perez wouldn't have been anywhere near without the safety car and then the Ferrari's were sitting ducks on older tyres.

Could've easily been avoided too, God knows why Ocon didn't park up at the old pit entry. We would've missed some epic racing though I suppose

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2022 at 9:02 AM, Style said:

Verstappen win, Merc's competing for a podium (except first) and a complete roll of the dice for Ferrari. They haven't wiped one another out yet so that could be the next option for them.

What’s the euromillion numbers gonna be this week?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/30/2022 at 9:02 AM, Style said:

Verstappen win, Merc's competing for a podium (except first) and a complete roll of the dice for Ferrari. They haven't wiped one another out yet so that could be the next option for them.

Should have put money on that! William Hill were offering 60/1 on him to Win! 

• Sad 1

Might need to start putting money where my almost sarcastic mouth is 🤣 I gave the Ferrari strategists too much leeway though in thinking the drivers would screw things up for them. Why on Earth would you go Med, Med, Hard when Pirelli never even suggested it as a likely strategy...

Semi exciting race at least. Would've loved a down pour at the end but I guess Max deserved it after starting tenth, pulling a perfect mid race 360, gubbed his tyres and still won by a margin. Fair play

• Like 1

So where's Piastri going to end up? 🤣

My guess is McLaren once they come to a mutual agreement with Danny Ric to let him go. Could make an interesting dynamic at McLaren, I wonder if Norris will be on the phone to Mercedes to ask how long Lewis plans on staying for. I doubt Pisatri will want to be a number 2 driver for long.

Then where does Ric go? It's a reach but maybe Alpine go all French and pinch Gasly from Alpha and Ric goes to them. I just don't see Ric going back to Alpine so soon after the Renault days.