The mkiv Supra Owners Club

F1 2022!!!!!

Annabella

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Swampy442 said:

Im wondering why Max started on the mediums, and everyone elision softs, gathering data?

If you mean for the sprint, it was so they could save a set of softs for the race. They now have 2 new sets of soft which will give them an advantage over pretty much everyone on the grid unless the weather drops off. They also weren’t sure if the softs would keep performance for the whole sprint so hoped the second half would come to them but turns out the mediums have worse degradation than the softs.

5 minutes ago, Swampy442 said:

Its not going to be a 2 stopper surely so keeping a set of softs seems pointless to me, unless theyre saving it for a fastest lap dash, which again they dont need to do

If the temperature is the same then I think it will be, the medium degradation was high and they struggled to do the 24 laps on low fuel. I’m thinking soft-medium-soft for RB. Unless anyone decides to use the hard?

5 hours ago, Tyson said:

If the temperature is the same then I think it will be, the medium degradation was high and they struggled to do the 24 laps on low fuel. I’m thinking soft-medium-soft for RB. Unless anyone decides to use the hard?

Ferrari will probably start on the hard tyre 😇

Great Race and hopefully Mercedes can build on this momentum for next year. 

Max.... What a petulant child, I have seen what he initially said and now he has done a bit of a U-turn stating that he will do whatever is needed for Checo going forwards, but in my view the damage is done. 

9 hours ago, mattdavies said:

Great Race and hopefully Mercedes can build on this momentum for next year. 

Max.... What a petulant child, I have seen what he initially said and now he has done a bit of a U-turn stating that he will do whatever is needed for Checo going forwards, but in my view the damage is done. 

Particularly as he's already won the title. He had nothing to gain and everything to lose appearance wise.

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Annabella said:

Think we all had nothing to say about the last race!

Anyway, no surprise Binotto is history by Dec 31st, the rumours were not. Not sure that is the best way, as they keep chopping and changing, maybe he would have learnt from his mistakes for next season.........

Brawn retiring or heading to Ferrari ?

13 hours ago, Dnk said:

Yes he’s retiring from being F1’s sporting director hence the speculation 

I dont think so, like he said he has made his money and now he wants to go fishing and spend time with the Grand kids 

I think Binotto "leaving" ( i think he was pushed ) is a bad idea, they just needed a better operations director to assist with stratergy etc while he focuses on the technical side of the business