The mkiv Supra Owners Club

F1 2022!!!!!

Annabella

I dont believe its the fuel pump, you saw on the Alpha Tauri it had a complete power failure, either caused by the fire or the cause of the fire, I doubt the fuel pump was the cause. 

The fact that 3 cars DNF'd and they were all Red Bull powertrain cars tells you more I think

On 3/21/2022 at 7:52 AM, Swampy442 said:

I dont believe its the fuel pump, you saw on the Alpha Tauri it had a complete power failure, either caused by the fire or the cause of the fire, I doubt the fuel pump was the cause. 

The fact that 3 cars DNF'd and they were all Red Bull powertrain cars tells you more I think

I was leaning more towards the electrics housed alongside the fuel pump rather than the pump itself. I heard the commentators wondering if it was an electrical fire during the race when Gasly stopped. Pure speculation just now to be honest as we've not had any official statements. 3 RB's though is concerning for them

12 hours ago, Mugello said:

Looks like it was a fuel pump issue for Verstappen - Anyone heard anything of the steering issue he was also reporting, was it hydraulic?

Not heard anything else other than complaints of brakes failing too. Maybe a large hydraulic failure for the entire car somehow? Very strange that both cars just gave up within a few laps of each other

Reliability is going to be a deciding factor this year for sure. Enjoyed the battle between Max and Charles plus, everyone in the pack was having a fight with teams they could only have dreamed of last year. Looking forward to an exciting season. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Style said:

I was leaning more towards the electrics housed alongside the fuel pump rather than the pump itself. I heard the commentators wondering if it was an electrical fire during the race when Gasly stopped. Pure speculation just now to be honest as we've not had any official statements. 3 RB's though is concerning for them

Not heard anything else other than complaints of brakes failing too. Maybe a large hydraulic failure for the entire car somehow? Very strange that both cars just gave up within a few laps of each other

Think Toto has a remote kill switch.

• Haha 1

Bit of an interesting start to the weekend to say the least

Drivers still in a meeting and it’s now well past midnight in Jeddah. If anything is going to happen with regards to the race going forward, the drivers will need to walk out en masse. Otherwise you’ll get teams jumping at the chance of a reduced field 

Merc are bouncing so much on the straights.

Good pole for Perez, Ferrari pace wasn't a flash in the pan last weekend either. Setup for a good race tomorrow. Glad Mick is OK, nasty crash that, concrete wall at 150mph. Be interesting to see what G it was. Testiment to these new cars he's relatively unscathed.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 11:16 PM, Annabella said:

Apparently it's their version of the new E10 fuel becoming too vaporised when low in the tank, affecting pickup. (that's one of the hypothesise!)

I am quite surprised that they had not discovered this issue during qualifying or even on low fuel runs in practice.

On 3/25/2022 at 1:51 PM, Swampy442 said:

So not a pump problem, a Red Bull problem 🙂

Quite right 👍

As for today's race, I can see a Red Bull win to be honest. but Hamilton has an outside chance of points today with a good likelihood of a red flag/safety car(s).

Edited by Mugello (see edit history)

18 hours ago, Mugello said:

I am quite surprised that they had not discovered this issue during qualifying or even on low fuel runs in practice.

Quite right 👍

As for today's race, I can see a Red Bull win to be honest. but Hamilton has an outside chance of points today with a good likelihood of a red flag/safety car(s).

Mercedes reacted too slowly and cost Hamilton a P6 finish with the VSC, it's going to a bit tough season and it Ferrari's to lose I think.

1 hour ago, Tyson said:

Mercedes reacted too slowly and cost Hamilton a P6 finish with the VSC, it's going to a bit tough season and it Ferrari's to lose I think.

Too early to call, I can see Max and Charlie having at least 1 DNF together