Branners

Who's in for Dragoncol 2021  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who's in for Dragoncol 2021

• Yes I'm coming!
    • No, sadly not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

TomTom GPX files (New model TomTom GO's)

On your PC Download the zip file and unpack it. There will be 5 files in there, each between 51kb and 310kb. Again still on your PC, log into TomTom MyDrive with your TomTom account https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_gb/#+viewport=52.5253,-2.02268,13,0,-0+ver=3. Then on the left of the screen go to 'MY ROUTES', you will then see an option at the bottom of that panel to 'IMPORT A GPX FILE'. Import each of the DragonCol routes until all 5 routes are showing. You may need to rename each route after you import it, but this is easily done by copying and pasting the name from each of the files you unpacked earlier.

Turn on your satnav and log into your Tomtom account, you will find this under the 'TomTom Services' icon. Connect your TomTom via smartphone Bluetooth tether or to your PC via USB. Once connected it will sync with 'My Drive' and the routes will start to appear in 'My Routes'.

Then, once on DragonCol, at the start of each stage after we've had a rest stop, you load up the next route file, let it plan the route and off you go.

Dragoncol 2021 TomTom Routes.zip

• Like 2

On 8/13/2021 at 10:55 AM, Branners said:

Great to see everybody signing up.

Have you all had the Mollies link back and paid up okay?

We will be providing big 21 stickers for the rear window, and two small ones for the side windows as per usual.

Would be great to see as many people as possible on this one.

Oooo, we like stickers!

See y’all there folks. (In the MX5 - hoping for ☀️)

6B9727A6-FA8A-41A8-9D93-E89CD51E31EB.jpeg

1 hour ago, Burna said:

TomTom GPX files (New model TomTom GO's)

On your PC Download the zip file and unpack it. There will be 5 files in there, each between 51kb and 310kb. Again still on your PC, log into TomTom MyDrive with your TomTom account https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_gb/#+viewport=52.5253,-2.02268,13,0,-0+ver=3. Then on the left of the screen go to 'MY ROUTES', you will then see an option at the bottom of that panel to 'IMPORT A GPX FILE'. Import each of the DragonCol routes until all 5 routes are showing. You may need to rename each route after you import it, but this is easily done by copying and pasting the name from each of the files you unpacked earlier.

Turn on your satnav and log into your Tomtom account, you will find this under the 'TomTom Services' icon. Connect your TomTom via smartphone Bluetooth tether or to your PC via USB. Once connected it will sync with 'My Drive' and the routes will start to appear in 'My Routes'.

Then, once on DragonCol, at the start of each stage after we've had a rest stop, you load up the next route file, let it plan the route and off you go.

Dragoncol 2021 TomTom Routes.zip 127.52 kB · 1 download

Best blow off the cobwebs! Haven't used it in a very long time 😄 Is there an option to put this onto my phone in google maps? We have the novelty this year of being in the UK and not being eaten alive by data roaming charges 😛 If not I'll set some time aside for bringing it back to life!

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Anybody travelling down from Sheffield area or passing Sheffield? On the Friday. Be nicer to drive down with another supra at least 🙂

I will be going down on Friday from Chesterfield, not sure what time yet as I am at work on Friday but shouldn't be finishing too late 🙂 

1 minute ago, Tyson said:

Best blow off the cobwebs! Haven't used it in a very long time 😄 Is there an option to put this onto my phone in google maps? We have the novelty this year of being in the UK and not being eaten alive by data roaming charges 😛 If not I'll set some time aside for bringing it back to life!

We tested it last week on the google maps app, and it doesn't work mate. The google map app re-routes it to the quickest route. TomTom is the only way to go for custom routes.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Burna said:

We tested it last week on the google maps app, and it doesn't work mate. The google map app re-routes it to the quickest route. TomTom is the only way to go for custom routes.

It should fix it if you don't allow it to swap in the settings. 

I don't have a tom tom so hopefully the maps link can be provided. What about waze?

20 minutes ago, Tyson said:

I will be going down on Friday from Chesterfield, not sure what time yet as I am at work on Friday but shouldn't be finishing too late 🙂 

I was planning to set off around 2/3 perhaps. Happy to adjust whenever you are going.

Edited by Ric (see edit history)