The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragoncol 2021 - 25th September 2021

Branners

Who's in for Dragoncol 2021  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who's in for Dragoncol 2021

• Yes I'm coming!
    • No, sadly not.

Coop is out of 97 although the signs don't say they are. And there are no signs on the pumps. But all the 97 pumps are locked. I'm at Tesco. Who seem to be fine.  Guy Infront of me just filled his car. 2 huge plastic containers and a Jerry can of diesel... Then put them on his back seat.

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

22 minutes ago, Guigsy said:

Coop is out of 97 although the signs don't say they are. And there are no signs on the pumps. But all the 97 pumps are locked. I'm at Tesco. Who seem to be fine.  Guy Infront of me just filled his car. 2 huge plastic containers and a Jerry can of diesel... Then put them on his back seat.

You must be at a different Tesco than I posted up, as they had run out of diesel 😕

7 minutes ago, Guigsy said:

Well. I filled up with fuel. Brimmed the tank to be sure.  Car started but didn't sound happy. Barely ran, misfired. Backfired. I managed to get it out of the forcort and into the Tesco carpark.  But it's not healthy. Won't idle for more than 10 seconds or so 😞

I know it’s a stupid question, but sure it was petrol? 😕 

43 minutes ago, Guigsy said:

Definately smelt like it.  And it was instant. Not like I drove it down the road a bit then it started acting up.  I could barely get it out of the pump. Is OVER filling even a thing? Maybe I put too much in. Lol

The more I think about it maybe I did put the wrong fuel in.  I'm pretty sure I didn't... But I can't be 100% recovery coming to check me out anyway. But isn't putting diesel in a petrol pretty difficult because they don't fit? Unless because its an old import the petrol opening is bigger.

10 minutes ago, Danhook97 said:

Shell on whitecross road is back open, however only open till 10, @Guigsy are you all sorted? Can pop up if need be and bring some 99 for you?

Recovery guy will be here in a few mins to find out what's actually wrong.  If I needs to be flushed out then they will take it and do it tomorrow morning.  Unless it's some other issue.

1 minute ago, Danhook97 said:

Nightmare! Are they sorting it now? Or does this mean your out for tomorrow 😢

Waiting to find out. They can't tow it because it's too low.  Waiting to see if the aa have a fuel van available. Told them I'm happy to sit here all night if I can get running for tomorrow. Hope iv not damaged the spark plugs or something tho. But iv only driven it 100m 

Lifesaver mate.  They are on the way. Aa are too busy and probably take ages.  Costing me more money but at this point I don't care.

Unless something else goes wrong please come say hello tomorrow. I'm driving a copper coloured car, stock bodywork with a TRD wing.  I don't drink so probably won't be in the bar 😛but if you grab me at the hotel tomorrow night I'll get you a drink.

Well I managed to get from Tesco to Asda because Tesco fuel was closed by the time the tank was empty. But it ran super rough. Missfires and backfired a whole lot and randomly would stall. Barely restarted it each time.  Then stalled in the entrance to Asda fuel and never got going. Put even more fuel in. Which didn't help.  Cleaned the spark plugs. Nothing. Fuel pump runs, has fuel pressure on my fuel pressure guage.  Then when trying to get it running the hks DLI started smoking. Then we ran out of ideas and tools 😞 

it's 5am and I just got back to my room (in a taxy).  Aa are coming to pick up the car and take us home tomorrow.  

There is more to the story but I'll spare you all the details. We were supposed to continue our trip to Bath after tomorrow for 3 nights. Which is money I can't get back because it was non refundable. We might still get a rental tomorrow once I'm home to at least try and do that. Unfortunately my other car is also in the garage. 😞

I know you guys will want to help. And probably have suggestions.  And thankyou.  But I'm done with it now and incredibly agrovated upset and angry at myself and the world.  So please. Don't share them or tell me what I did wrong or could have done. I don't want to hear it. 

Have fun tomorrow chaps. 😞

• Sad 1

On 9/25/2021 at 2:40 AM, Guigsy said:

Well I managed to get from Tesco to Asda because Tesco fuel was closed by the time the tank was empty. But it ran super rough. Missfires and backfired a whole lot and randomly would stall. Barely restarted it each time.  Then stalled in the entrance to Asda fuel and never got going. Put even more fuel in. Which didn't help.  Cleaned the spark plugs. Nothing. Fuel pump runs, has fuel pressure on my fuel pressure guage.  Then when trying to get it running the hks DLI started smoking. Then we ran out of ideas and tools 😞 

it's 5am and I just got back to my room (in a taxy).  Aa are coming to pick up the car and take us home tomorrow.  

There is more to the story but I'll spare you all the details. We were supposed to continue our trip to Bath after tomorrow for 3 nights. Which is money I can't get back because it was non refundable. We might still get a rental tomorrow once I'm home to at least try and do that. Unfortunately my other car is also in the garage. 😞

I know you guys will want to help. And probably have suggestions.  And thankyou.  But I'm done with it now and incredibly agrovated upset and angry at myself and the world.  So please. Don't share them or tell me what I did wrong or could have done. I don't want to hear it. 

Have fun tomorrow chaps. 😞

Really feel for you mate. It however is so easily done, I put petrol in a diesel twice before when not paying attention to which car I was driving! Both times I quickly realised and only put a small amount in, so I could then fill it to the brim with the right fuel and it wasn't too bad. Thank fully now all our cars are petrol so I shouldn't do it again but it just one of those things. Haven't seen you since DB along time ago! Would have been nice to catch up but I rocked up at about 7 after you gone for fuel. I hope you managed to get to Bath in the end.

Well had a lovely time as ever catching up and meeting new people! Massive thanks to @Ric for sorting me out with a jump, after my battery decided to die over night! Thankfully a Halfords round the corner with one in stock, so it didn't cause too much disruption!

It wouldn't be a Supra trip if we didn't have breakdowns, cause traffic mayhem in small villages and get lost at some point (I blame @wile e coyote 😄).

So glad the fuel chaos didn't cause us any massive headaches and everyone had enough to get home 👍

Thanks to @Branners and co, for organising another awesome road trip. When's the next one then? 😛 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tyson said:

Really feel for you mate. It however is so easily done, I put petrol in a diesel twice before when not paying attention to which car I was driving! Both times I quickly realised and only put a small amount in, so I could then fill it to the brim with the right fuel and it wasn't too bad. Thank fully now all our cars are petrol so I shouldn't do it again but it just one of those things. Haven't seen you since DB along time ago! Would have been nice to catch up but I rocked up at about 7 after you gone for fuel. I hope you managed to get to Bath in the end.

Yeah would have been good.  We didn't we left the car in Hereford and went home by train. Got home about 10:30pm I think. Car is safe in the recovery company's compound for now untill someone has some diesel to get it over to the garage where iv booked it in.

Just need to find a replacement hks DLI. But I'm not sure if it's a v1 or a V2.  From the pictures I think it's a v1