The mkiv Supra Owners Club

“Supra prices are in a bubble and will Crash”

tayr

3 hours ago, Scooter said:

Seems the only way prices will crash now is if the economic conditions overall create a asset devaluation across the board ie everything gets hit and reduces. 

Has any car done a revival from the bottom of its depreciation curve and then subsequently plummeted back down? I'm sure there has been some classics that really peaked at a crazy number for one or two sales, but suspect they are still worth a lot just not to such a speculative amount? 

It would be interesting to know what car has yoyo'd hardest, I can't think of any of the top of my head!?  

Equally hard to see a car around now that gave us what the Supra did from 2000-2014 ish ie fast, reliable and good value/cheap. 

Agreed. I can’t think of any car with a similar pedigree, and cult following, that has appreciated but then suffered depreciation again. Unless driven by an external force (economic turmoil) of course, which as you say, affects everything across the board.

I also can’t think of another car from the era that can still ‘hang’ with the best picks from this day and age.

Edited by Mo Reviews (see edit history)

The 60k supra at Torque GT has sold, will try doing some digging on final price when I'm there in a few weeks :) 

Look out for my stock 25k mile TT6 on their site soon - reduced from 100k to 90k ;) 

A lot of JDM is commanding a high price at the moment - a low mileage DC5 wasn't cheap to import either!

Edit: On Sunday I caught the end of the collectingcars auction for a Red UK Auto with 20k miles. The bidding reached 40k but the reserve must've been higher as it didnt sell.

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

The 60k supra at Torque GT has sold, will try doing some digging on final price when I'm there in a few weeks :) 

Look out for my stock 25k mile TT6 on their site soon - reduced from 100k to 90k ;) 

A lot of JDM is commanding a high price at the moment - a low mileage DC5 wasn't cheap to import either!

Edit: On Sunday I caught the end of the collectingcars auction for a Red UK Auto with 20k miles. The bidding reached 40k but the reserve must've been higher as it didnt sell.

I spotted that yesterday with Torque GT

Sold fast for the highest price Supra I’ve seen in the UK so far.. I’m guessing it was real close to the £60k Mark 

I feel the next time I take the car out, I'll need armed personnel 🤣 Reminds of a recent video I saw of armed robbers trying to take an armoured car in South Africa. 

I honestly will be scared to drive it if the value crack 6 figures!

8 minutes ago, Tyson said:

I feel the next time I take the car out, I'll need armed personnel 🤣 Reminds of a recent video I saw of armed robbers trying to take an armoured car in South Africa. 

I honestly will be scared to drive it if the value crack 6 figures!

Would you react like the driver or the guard that looked like he was in major shock. 😂

3 hours ago, jim_supra said:

Yep, though problem is there'll be a bigger clown that will pay for it!

If I ever come to sell the Supra, I think I'll be selling it in bits!

And once the precedent has been set, that then becomes the market value.

7 hours ago, The Raven said:

Facebook selling group. A stock 3 spoke non airbag wheel is up for sale $700

There's some sort of trader on that page from mainland Europe somewhere selling all sorts of bits and bobs for ridiculous prices. Never states prices and always asks to PM for the price. Does my head in.

Had a pair of A-pillar trim pieces for sale and wanted 160 EUR plus postage for them. I told him to jog on at that price and got one for 35 bucks a day or two later.