The mkiv Supra Owners Club

“Supra prices are in a bubble and will Crash”

tayr

I think Supra's in UK and Europe are too cheap at the moment and suspect there will be a hike for the summer.

I'm actually in the middle of trying to get an agreed insurance value for my Supras and am looking for an independent company who can value it!

with R34 Prices at around the £100k mark for base models often I cant see why a well spec'ed / super clean stock shouldn't go the same direction.

mine on the other hand is a bit different and pricing it is going to be a challenge!  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Raven said:

Im still waiting on flux for my 25k agreed. Its due in October, think i will try and push it to 28 then. 

Classic Line have agreed mine at 25k (NA-TT Aero like yours) and will be pushing for 30k at renewal back end of the year.

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
On 12/13/2021 at 10:39 AM, Project Blitz said:

so where do we see Supra prices doing in 2022?

I think base entry price for a TT6 will be £50k by March, ie a high miler from High Wycombe or possibly clocked car will be 'good value' at this price point.
A clean TT6 starts at 60k. With clean and low mileage (let's class low mileage as sub 70k miles) will be mid 60's.

I suspect that as the summer starts, you'll start seeing the above start from £70k - £75k.

I feel that by this time next year it wont be uncommon to see a couple of examples advertised at £80-85k especially the sub 60k mile examples.

It'll be a slow creep after that IMO, because of all the NA and auto turbo models as a much cheaper (and frankly more sensible) alternative.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 10:54 PM, Scooter said:

Jamie P's black TT6 was very cheap, I saw it on eBay but had no moneyback then! One of my TT auto's had a JM Imports sales invoice for £6,xxx (I forget exactly what) in around 2007. I think there was a red high mile tt6 that went for £3-4K from memory.

I also remember a guy selling his dad's, it was in scotland and he or his father was from New Zealand. Struggled to sell for £7.5k I think trader got it in the end brought it down south and made a profit.

If you've been through that it's hard to accept tt6 prices = Audi R8 ones!?

It was cheap, £6750 I paid but was never on eBay, I bought it off here, was low miles an all, 36k maybe. 

I miss the days when they was cheap, I had 6 at one point, shame them days are gone, but happy I still have one. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Big Supes said:

I also miss the cheap motoring days where supply is high against demand. It allows you dip in and out of different cars and enjoy them. 

High prices = high cost of maintenance and added worry about something happening to the car. 

I've noticed that the number of Supra's in the UK has started to even out over the past few years with not many being imported and not many being exported/written off. I imagine lots of them are being held onto now until the values plateau then it will be a mad rush to sell before the prices dip when the market gets flooded, settling back up again after that.

33 minutes ago, Tyson said:

I've noticed that the number of Supra's in the UK has started to even out over the past few years with not many being imported and not many being exported/written off. I imagine lots of them are being held onto now until the values plateau then it will be a mad rush to sell before the prices dip when the market gets flooded, settling back up again after that.

That doesn't surprise me. It just feels like they're rarer these days as I hardly see them on the road and am always being told the same by Joe Bloggs when I take mine out. 

I was talking to my brother today about investments as I am tempted to secure another car next year purely for investment purposes. I feel we're in a unique period of time where they're simply no longer building cars that can replace the 90's (and back) icon cars which is resulting in a ceilingless market. IMO, in the future these cars will have their place as being something completely separate to the modern, self automated, electric cars and will be seen as luxuries due to everyday green policies. 

The flip side is they could end up being worthless due to a cultural shift as the lockdown kids grow to focus on the environment. 

I picture a scene where a great grandson of mine pulls up in my old Supra to pick his girlfriend up and the parents look outside and the conversation goes something like:

"Ohh, gawd. He's here again in that noisy smoke machine." 💨🙉🙊

"I hope she wears her mask when she's in that thing." 😷

"You know, you can even smell the pollution on his clothes.". 💩

😅

I have faith though. When taking my buddies big single to my workshop to wrap it, I pulled onto the hard shoulder of the M3 as the panting carbon bonnet was giving me the shits so I stopped to double check it was shut properly. As I merged back, a little girl in the back of a Tesla was staring over in amazement as I was slowly climbing up through the gears. 

Her face and the little wave from her car seat was one of my favourite Supra moments. It told me that some things are timeless. In this case, the MKIV is. 

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

I dunno, read an article yesterday saying that with all the quantitative easing coming to an end and interest rates set to rise that a lot of the money for these new assets will disappear and the demand could cease. Makes no diff to me, I've just started buying parts for me to do a bit of a restore...

3 minutes ago, TuneR said:

I dunno, read an article yesterday saying that with all the quantitative easing coming to an end and interest rates set to rise that a lot of the money for these new assets will disappear and the demand could cease. Makes no diff to me, I've just started buying parts for me to do a bit of a restore...

I reckon that applies to normal purchases and homes etc but IMO the Supra seems to have developed its own cult following by a generation which now has more cash on the hip.

.......and people with money will always have it. 

I certainly wouldn't worry about quantitive easing, hyper inflation or stock market adjustments in the near future in respect of our cars though.

Guys,

I found this link on the US Supra Forums which talks about a Top Secret Car going up for auction in Japan on the 13-Jan-2022.

Can anyone find the car on the internet by any chance as I'm keen to know how much it goes for. Alternatively I may just join the US Supra Forum and ask.

https://www.supraforums.com/threads/whats-a-jdm-tt6-worth-in-the-usa.1125833/page-2

5 hours ago, Scooter said:

possibly this one......that a Top secret kitted car right? (excuse my ignorance!)

https://www.goo-net-exchange.com/usedcars/TOYOTA/SUPRA/700100239430211202002/index.html

It appears to be a GT300 kit so the Final Evo example in your link is another one.

I'll hopefully keep an eye on a few examples as I'm interested to see how much they go for.

That said, a dealer could buy it/them and then add 20K to the price tag so we may never know the final price.

Will report back 😉