Supra in a ditch

mplavery

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trees and cars. Or is it drivers into trees with their cars? With the glass intact there shouldn't be any roof rippling which would be bad news so it should be a straightforward fix. I doubt repairs would come close to a realistic insured value.

Anyone seen the UK thatshould be in a ditch on show.

/QUOTE]

Someone's UK should be in a ditch? That's just harsh man!

I hope the owner of this car goes for the repair option. That being said, if it's repaired outside of the insurance, will it still be logged as a CAT C?

Someone's UK should be in a ditch? That's just harsh man!

I hope the owner of this car goes for the repair option. That being said, if it's repaired outside of the insurance, will it still be logged as a CAT C?

No, how would they know?

That's my worry. Without knowing a great deal about the accident/repair side of things, you would have thought that repairs beyond a certain point would incur an inspection, which would in-turn be documented.

The inspection of following Cat c or d are nothing to do with looking at the quality of the repair, it's only a Vehicle Identity Check, quick look at the vin plate and engine number and you are on your way with a pass certificate. Glad occupants are OK.

The inspection of following Cat c or d are nothing to do with looking at the quality of the repair, it's only a Vehicle Identity Check, quick look at the vin plate and engine number and you are on your way with a pass certificate. Glad occupants are OK.

Thanks for clarifying. That's just insane.

Me and a couple of friends have repaired worse than that on a fue cars over the years

Once you pop door off and remove rear quarter and outer sill will look so much straighter and sure keron will have most parts needed to sort out.

With it being the sentimental part just take your time and don't be rash things can be sorted out

Main thing is that you are ok and unhurt hope you get it sorted out soon and enjoy your supra again :)

Edited by supra900bhp (see edit history)

I fucked up.

Basically lacked consideration for the road conditions, too fast off the roundabout, lost traction clipped curb and spun. It's okay though, I took the lamppost out :rolleyes:

To say i'm devastated is a whopping understatement, not only after spending countless hours cleaning the car for the show...But for the sentimental value I have in the car.

I've had alot of interest in parts but that's the very last option for me. I will be doing everything I can to replace and repair whats needed to get back on the road again, money is tight but ultimately I know it's worth it.

Absolutely any help would be greatly appreciated, advice, opinions, recommendations, access to the vast knowledge you all have. Or you can call me a cock...haha

I made a stupid mistake, i'm going to fix it. I'm just glad nobody else was involved and that my wife and myself are fine.

I fucked up.

Basically lacked consideration for the road conditions, too fast off the roundabout, lost traction clipped curb and spun. It's okay though, I took the lamppost out :rolleyes:

To say i'm devastated is a whopping understatement, not only after spending countless hours cleaning the car for the show...But for the sentimental value I have in the car.

I've had alot of interest in parts but that's the very last option for me. I will be doing everything I can to replace and repair whats needed to get back on the road again, money is tight but ultimately I know it's worth it.

Absolutely any help would be greatly appreciated, advice, opinions, recommendations, access to the vast knowledge you all have. Or you can call me a cock...haha

I made a stupid mistake, i'm going to fix it. I'm just glad nobody else was involved and that my wife and myself are fine.

Very honest post mate. Ignore the posts elsewhere asking for parts etc, mostly just joking I'd say.

Like you said main thing is you and the Mrs are ok. If she's anything like mine then you'll be doing the housework for the next 50 years.

Good luck with the rebuild.

I $#@!ed up.

Fair play for saying it how it is, most would hide away from it or make silly excuses like i swerved to miss a donkey

You and the occupants are ok thats the main thing, Hope you get it sorted out :thumbs:

I $#@!ed up.

Well bugger me, Good on you for saying how it is.

So many would say diesel on the road or there was a alien in the road or some crap and never admit they messed up, its so refreshing to have a honest person put their hands up and say yep I messed up, so good on you dude.

Shame you damaged your pride and joy, sometimes we all mess up with these cars, they can bite you in the ass. I hope you do get it fixed, it looks repairable so as long you havent done any chassis damage.

Glad you and your wife are fine, shame it destroyed what would have been a good day, still you can put it as experiance now and you are much the wiser for it :)