mplavery

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I $#@!ed up.

Basically lacked consideration for the road conditions, too fast off the roundabout, lost traction clipped curb and spun. It's okay though, I took the lamppost out :rolleyes:

To say i'm devastated is a whopping understatement, not only after spending countless hours cleaning the car for the show...But for the sentimental value I have in the car.

I've had alot of interest in parts but that's the very last option for me. I will be doing everything I can to replace and repair whats needed to get back on the road again, money is tight but ultimately I know it's worth it.

Absolutely any help would be greatly appreciated, advice, opinions, recommendations, access to the vast knowledge you all have. Or you can call me a cock...haha

I made a stupid mistake, i'm going to fix it. I'm just glad nobody else was involved and that my wife and myself are fine.

Respect to you for being honest. Glad that you are both ok that is the main thing in these events.

Good luck with getting her back on the road

Well done for taking it on the chin :thumbs:

Can I ask just out of interest if the traction control was off?

It's surprising how fast it whipped round. I'm sure there was a video a few years ago of another black supra spinning like that in the wet too. Almost the exact same crash except that time he hit a barrier or a wall iirc.

I thought at the time that car couldn't have a limited slip diff fitted and that's maybe why it spun so violently, but I know that the UK spec will have had one so it just shows you how easy it can happen.

Traction control was on... Not that it helped at all!

Will be looking into racelogic install.

Horrible to see the video too. Thank God you both were OK that's the main thing. Happens so easy but as you say driver error, but your psi and the crap oem traction control may have some contribution to the outcome. Good luck on the rebuild and if you do want a racelogic pm me as I have one sat in a box

Goodyear Eagle f1s. All at 36psi as per inside drivers door sticker.

you my friend are very lucky - not a busy road and you weren't going too fast (looks like 40-45??) and hit the post without causing even more damage to yourself or the car.

Eagle F1 are very good tyres - 36psi is a tad high however will be surprised if that was the culprit here. how old were the tyres as the F1s were discontinued a while back.

is your car an Auto?

I always found the stock TC to be useless. best to either get racelogic (which is impressive) or learn to drive the car without it. I had RC on mine and then upgraded to a S6 (with built in traction) - these are so much better than the stock system - a life saver.

don't mean to be harsh - recommend you to a track day at an airfield and improve your driving skills.

Edited by imi (see edit history)

Hard luck mate, hands up who hasn't over cooked a RWD car in the wet?

Looking at the video a few times, it looks like the car became unsettled as the power was applied whilst crossing over the white lines on the road. As any biker will testify, white lines in the wet are like ice.

Hope you get it fixed and can get to show it off later in the summer. :thumbs:

Traction control was on... Not that it helped at all!

Will be looking into racelogic install.

The stock traction control is downright dangerous, and the UK Spec even more so, i think it brakes and all for you too.

Sad thing is if it had of been turned off that probably wouldn't have happened (assuming the appropriate experience with rwd)

Trouble with uk`s the traction control puts on the rear brakes when it picks up slip:blink:, i wondered why i kept spinning off on my 1st few trackdays until i realised A. I was a shit driver and B. The traction control was a load of b0llocks, even race logic might not have saved you there mate, as said get yourself on track and learn to drive that thing but be prepared to get hooked, its addictive:)

I have a very good appreciation for speed but less so for the power and its application in my car.

From the very start of the accident I have admitted that it was completely my fault and I knew I had accelerated too quickly and too soon around the corner. There may have been several factors attributing to the crash but ultimately it was down to my lack of experience.

My car is an auto Uk spec. I'm very happy that the car was in a perfect operating condition and that no excuse lies in the cars functionality.

I will look into upgrading the traction control after I complete the repair but I wont be relying on it as an answer to fix every driving condition.

Ultimately as a driver I will take it upon myself to gain more experience in controlling the car to be as safe as I possibly can be.

I have a very good appreciation for speed but less so for the power and its application in my car.

From the very start of the accident I have admitted that it was completely my fault and I knew I had accelerated too quickly and too soon around the corner. There may have been several factors attributing to the crash but ultimately it was down to my lack of experience.

My car is an auto Uk spec. I'm very happy that the car was in a perfect operating condition and that no excuse lies in the cars functionality.

I will look into upgrading the traction control after I complete the repair but I wont be relying on it as an answer to fix every driving condition.

Ultimately as a driver I will take it upon myself to gain more experience in controlling the car to be as safe as I possibly can be.

Or so my lawyers have told me to say..... lol oj mate!

I almost lost mine after work today mate, I was accelerating slightly aftera corner and it came out, shit my pants.

easily done, hope you get it sorted.

Yep. One of my friends just sent me a link to it ! What an absolute pr!ck for not stopping to check you were OK though..

Exactly my thoughts. What sort of person wouldn't stop?

Shame about the car. The video nicely reminded me why I decided to sell my UK Spec rather than use it for the daily commute. They can be very unforgiving in the wet.

Exactly my thoughts. What sort of person wouldn't stop?

Shame about the car. The video nicely reminded me why I decided to sell my UK Spec rather than use it for the daily commute. They can be very unforgiving in the wet.

Tbh anyone who can't drive it in the wet has bought the wrong car.....

I've been contacted by the owner of the 370z.

Like I recalled, he did indeed turn around further up to come and check on my wife and I.

So please don't make him out to be at fault.

It was my own stupid mistake. From the number of people that did stop there are A lot of kind and caring people out there.image

Edited by Tomyspeedy (see edit history)

I saw the video for this on another forum I frequent and my heart sank to see a UK going off like that so I popped on here to see if everyone was OK. My treasure trove of parts isn't a patch on what it used to be but I think I have a brand new, in packet UK rear wheel arch trim piece for that side that is free of charge should you need it. It's not much I know but it might help at some point when you hopefully put things back together. If I stumble across anything else I'll let you know.