The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Too Fast - Too Furious. Anyone on here?!

Big Supes

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a blow out on the way to the UK travelodge i believe and was going to sort it out in the UK and didn't. Then promised to sort it in France ( and again didn't ) all the while driving on a space saver at 100+ mph in the convoy. Apparently you couldn't even touch the tyre it was so hot afterwards. Next day it still wasn't sorted and he was out driving again except when they arrived back at the hotel and he was hanging out of the passenger window and his mate ( who wasn't insured ) was driving.

After being confronted about it, he got quite lairy. Upon returning the car, the next member had to pull over because not only did he not have the courtesy to give back the full tank he was provided with he left the wheel lugs undone. There's probably more but that is a brief overview.

I don't remember meeting the guy and can't say i want to either.

:wtf:

Sounds like an utter moron :(

One has to wonder how someone like that got the keys to the club car in the first place? Presumably it was a favour?

I think at the time anyone could take it, on the kindness and trust basis that usually makes this forum the place it is. But after this incident, there is much more 'vetting' to acquire it. Best ask JB himself really.

Afternoon all :) This thread makes me happy lol

Zach (Hemanhead) has covered all that happened on DB with this twat, him and his mate nearly got a beating for it. I would have made him make his own way back for Rotterdam, but unfortunately no one else was insured to drive the club car, so Branners had no choice to let him drive it back. Since then he's been banned from attending any events that Branners organises, and also any I organise, so you wont see him pretty much. Prison sentence will be a good outcome for this, give him time to reflect on his choices in life, and him getting bummed in the showers will just be a bonus for all the members he's pissed off :)

Edited by Burna (see edit history)

I think at the time anyone could take it, on the kindness and trust basis that usually makes this forum the place it is. But after this incident, there is much more 'vetting' to acquire it. Best ask JB himself really.

That's you and I fucked for ever borrowing it then! Lol

While I do not agree with silly speeds on the motorways or any roads for that matter, we have all pushed the boundaries of these cars on the roads, you would not have bought a Supra otherwise - You're kidding no one if you say you have never explored the farther reaches of the speedo..That said, the speeds he was doing are totally irresponsible for sure, if you want to speed about like then go on a cheap track day - abingdon or something.. (but don't drive like a tit).

I too have seen long standing members film their speedo's or runs in their high power Supra's on a "private runway"... bulls*** private runway my ass... looks like a public road to me

The thing is people on this forum get behind certain people and they cannot do any wrong, then comment on this guy as a bellend for doing it - one rule for one, one for another..

Now I am not standing up for this guy but there is a load of hypocrisy when it comes to members etc.

This is what I was thinking. Nothing to do with him being a tool, which he quite clearly is, but more to do with the forum hypocrisy. If it's ok for some then it's ok for all.....

Why are people bitching about hypocrisy when there isn't non?

No one is saying anything because he got caught speeding, they're saying because who got caught speeding.

Yes we all know we all test the boundaries, and when someone puts up pics of videos of their speedo the majority watch and have a nice comment, but you don't see those people putting up the pictures when they've been pulled over, and you'll find that most people on this forum are respected.

You just get the odd idiot who disrespects the club.

Guest Budz86

I think anyone who ADMITS doing those speeds on FB or anywhere online is crazy! In the scheme of things, 130 isn't that high considering some of the stories I've 'heard' and I'm not having a go at this bellend for doing them speeds, he's just unlucky to have got caught and much as it shouldn't, it makes me smile 😊

Think Chris Parry is right, he should have hit that 200 mph and he'd have been fine! 😉

True! and hypocrisy often rules,:innocent::tongue: I wonder just how many here would admit to doing those sorts of speed on a public road/motorway when they thought nobody was about and thought the conditions conducive..... in fact I can remember seeing the footage of several members doing similar.

I don' thave a fuel cut defender, I'm limited to 90, ahaaaa!

I think anyone who ADMITS doing those speeds on FB or anywhere online is crazy! In the scheme of things, 130 isn't that high considering some of the stories I've 'heard' and I'm not having a go at this bellend for doing them speeds, he's just unlucky to have got caught and much as it shouldn't, it makes me smile

Think Chris Parry is right, he should have hit that 200 mph and he'd have been fine!

/QUOTE]

Why pay to go to an event to do a 200mph run when you can just do it down the m3 :D

I think anyone who ADMITS doing those speeds on FB or anywhere online is crazy! In the scheme of things, 130 isn't that high considering some of the stories I've 'heard' and I'm not having a go at this bellend for doing them speeds, he's just unlucky to have got caught and much as it shouldn't, it makes me smile 

Think Chris Parry is right, he should have hit that 200 mph and he'd have been fine! 

/QUOTE]

Yea your right the worst thing you can do is upload it anywhere I wouldn't even bother putting a camera in the car the old bill have really wised up to this a biker recently got caught around my area he did a wheelie past old bill he got pulled they realised he had a camera seized the footage then was nicked for 153mph and over 110mph in a 30! he is serving 2years.

Doing speed on the road is not what it used to be and I am struggling to decide on the next car between track and road there are too many under cover these days and every do-gooder has a HD dash cam waiting to send old bill the video of you being a tool having said that I could never let a race go and there are some right cocky M series /Audi rs drivers that deserve to have it:innocent: I also never saw the point of owning a single to park up in Mac'ds tossing each other off over who’s car has the bigger turbo while spitting off the limiter with pops and bangs:) to then drive home on the 1bar setting.

Edited by chazuk (see edit history)

Guest GeorgeW

In his defense, its only seen as so bad as its a car, what about the bikers going ridiculous speeds and weaving in and out of traffic?

Now not in his defense, hang him and scare the others! :devil: