The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Too Fast - Too Furious. Anyone on here?!

Big Supes

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What process would a traffic cop have to follow to gain access to a speeding suspect's dash

camera footage, assuming they didn't just say "watch this, it's a fair cop guv"?

Not 100% these days but if there is any evidence to support the belief that a criminal act has taken place, the Police have the right to confiscate any cameras, phones etc to check for evidence.

H

Same stretch of motorway I got caught doing 117 when I was a student. Tho did feed the magistrate a tall tale and ended up with £50 fine and a 21 day ban during the summer holidays.

The law is too unpredictable to know what will happen, just look at the lad that stole a car and drove like a loon on the M6 and didn't get a prison sentence just last month.........

Guest Ec1202014

Definitely a loss of license - would guess at least 12 months.

Doubt he'll get a cusdial sentence, depends on his history. Could get a suspended sentence though.

It's questionable that if the footage is his own whether it would be allowed to be used against him - it's not a Home Office approved calibrated device. That would be for a speeding conviction. I'd bet it's dangerous driving or something. And all depends what he was arrested for, speeding, dangerous driving, reckless endangerment etc.

Either way, he's gonna feel this and I agree you could well see his Supra up for sale if it's a big ban!

Keep it under 96 mph guys!

Everyone loves to bitch on this forum :rlol:

True! and hypocrisy often rules,:innocent::tongue: I wonder just how many here would admit to doing those sorts of speed on a public road/motorway when they thought nobody was about and thought the conditions conducive..... in fact I can remember seeing the footage of several members doing similar.

True! and hypocrisy often rules,:innocent::tongue: I wonder just how many here would admit to doing those sorts of speed on a public road/motorway when they thought nobody was about and thought the conditions conducive..... in fact I can remember seeing the footage of several members doing similar.

Exactly that haha

While I do not agree with silly speeds on the motorways or any roads for that matter, we have all pushed the boundaries of these cars on the roads, you would not have bought a Supra otherwise - You're kidding no one if you say you have never explored the farther reaches of the speedo..That said, the speeds he was doing are totally irresponsible for sure, if you want to speed about like then go on a cheap track day - abingdon or something.. (but don't drive like a tit).

I too have seen long standing members film their speedo's or runs in their high power Supra's on a "private runway"... bulls*** private runway my ass... looks like a public road to me

The thing is people on this forum get behind certain people and they cannot do any wrong, then comment on this guy as a bellend for doing it - one rule for one, one for another..

Now I am not standing up for this guy but there is a load of hypocrisy when it comes to members etc.

Now I am not standing up for this guy but there is a load of hypocrisy when it comes to members etc.

After ignoring the usual hypocritical forum text, the reason this guy is getting so much stick isn't exclusively because of his speeding but because of what he did with the club car on the Rotterdam trip last year. He should have been flogged to death with wooden clog's then!

This is just karma catching up with him.

After ignoring the usual hypocritical forum text, the reason this guy is getting so much stick isn't exclusively because of his speeding but because of what he did with the club car on the Rotterdam trip last year. He should have been flogged to death with wooden clog's then!

This is just karma catching up with him.

What did he do?

What did he do?

On the last Dragonball trip he drove the loaned club car at over 100 mph on a space saver and when pulled by Branners he gave abusive responses which basically alienated himself and upset 40 or so other members.

What did he do?

Had a blow out on the way to the UK travelodge i believe and was going to sort it out in the UK and didn't. Then promised to sort it in France ( and again didn't ) all the while driving on a space saver at 100+ mph in the convoy. Apparently you couldn't even touch the tyre it was so hot afterwards. Next day it still wasn't sorted and he was out driving again except when they arrived back at the hotel and he was hanging out of the passenger window and his mate ( who wasn't insured ) was driving.

After being confronted about it, he got quite lairy. Upon returning the car, the next member had to pull over because not only did he not have the courtesy to give back the full tank he was provided with he left the wheel lugs undone. There's probably more but that is a brief overview.

I don't remember meeting the guy and can't say i want to either.