The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2016 F1 Thread

Nic

Wrong mode doesn't give hamilton the right to drive past.....

stewards decision is fair = however within the mercedes camp Hamilton is at fault completely - to take the two cars out at a cost of 43 points in the first 15 secs of the race - juvenile.

Karma is such a b....

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong mode doesn't give hamilton the right to drive past.....

stewards decision is fair = however within the mercedes camp Hamilton is at fault completely - to take the two cars out at a cost of 43 points in the first 15 secs of the race - juvenile.

Karma is such a b....

We know you have an anti Hamilton bias so Ill let that slide. Im going with the professional racing driver, Rosberg should have left a cars width for safetys sake instead of blindly pulling over and not even checking his mirrors

We know you have an anti Hamilton bias so Ill let that slide. Im going with the professional racing driver, Rosberg should have left a cars width for safetys sake instead of blindly pulling over and not even checking his mirrors

Agreed

me too - like Lauda the 3 times WC said - Hammy to blame, shouldn't expect Rosberg to be a lollypop lady :)

supremely exciting race on an otherwise boring track.

Rosberg was on the complete wrong side of the track for the racing line.

Sure he can move "a cars width" to defend, but he moved nearly the width of the track and didn't leave a gap for Hamilton.

Rosbergs fault for me, not leaving a safe gap and for been in the wrong engine mode (so was going too slow) as we all know he can't remember anything since they introduced team orders rules because he was always asking the team on the radio for advice.

Rosberg was on the complete wrong side of the track for the racing line.

Sure he can move "a cars width" to defend, but he moved nearly the width of the track and didn't leave a gap for Hamilton.

Rosbergs fault for me, not leaving a safe gap and for been in the wrong engine mode (so was going too slow) as we all know he can't remember anything since they introduced team orders rules because he was always asking the team on the radio for advice.

I agree with this TBH. Completely Rosberg's fault, he ended on the wrong side of the track for the racing line, admitted he knew hamilton was coming but then proceeded to put his car on the inside white line. There is no cars width with where he has placed his car!

The rear red light flashing on Rosberg's car meant it was down on power, Hamilton took his chance to overtake, Rossberg tried to defend his position, Hamilton was forced onto the grass, he lost control (understandably) and took them both out. I initially thought it was Rosberg's fault but looking at it again I'd say it was a racing incident. I'm not a great fan of Hamilton or Rosberg but I want to see driver's racing and 'going for it', sometimes things go wrong and having both Mercedes out of the race made it a bit more exciting.

I call it being smart seeing the rain light flashing and knowing it meant he had an advantage.

Rosberg made his one move he is allowed under the rules, the rules state he has to leave racing room. He didn't leave that room which caused the rest of the issues.

I call it being smart seeing the rain light flashing and knowing it meant he had an advantage.

Rosberg made his one move he is allowed under the rules, the rules state he has to leave racing room. He didn't leave that room which caused the rest of the issues.

Rosberg aparently started the race in the wrong engine mode, the red energy harvesting light shouldn't have come on in the first lap and it meant there was a 180hp power/speed differential between the 2 cars when the red light lit up. I doubt Rosberg realised until it was too late he was down on power and just how quickly Hamilton was coming up the inside. Maybe a setup mistake by Rosberg on the formation lap and something that probably wouldn't have happened last year when the driver's engineer had a lot more communication with the driver before/during the race.

I like that the drivers are more self-reliant this season, mistakes are going to be made and it seems to be mixing things up a lot more at the start of the race. I enjoyed watching the 2 Mercs taking each other out, I'd encourage them to do it more often :)

obviously if Rosberg had broken the rules then the Stewards would have penalized him - especially the one car width rule which they take very seriously on safety grounds.

Had hamilton been convincingly alongside then it would have been a different matter. One car width rule doesn't apply.

Agree with Nic - racing incident one that should have been avoided had hamilton played the long game rather than being desperate to correct his 1st corner embarrassment.

• 2 weeks later...