The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2016 F1 Thread

Nic

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree, don't watch it any more. Taken to more exciting sport, bird watching.

I bet the in and out of competition drugs testing is strict.

I can see the headlines now - 'Acne riddled 45 year old Bird Watcher who still stays with his parents, banned for 4 years after competing off his nut'

Glad to see that Ferrari were closer to the Mercedes, how that pans out on different circuits we'll see.

Sad that McClaren hasn't made better progress.

At least they got round (barring crashes) and weren't 5 secs off the pace this year. They should be able to improve........

Just trying not to read much of it as it's making my blood boil. It'll just screw it up as the masses don't get to see something.

I agree,as someone who is not massively into other sports I don't feel it,s worth me taking sky sports just for F1,however if it was a stand alone channel at reasonable cost I might be tempted.

I wonder if the highlights channel will be similar to how BBC and C4 do it now, few hours after the race. If so it might not be too bad.

Strange it was mentioned I think on Chris Evans breakfast show by Vassos that drivers were moaning about aspects of F1 and one was they did not like the sport heading towards pay TV, low and behold this was announced later today.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG this quali argument is driving me to boredom! Agree 2016 format is pants but they the disagree to revert to 2015 as its not exciting enough!!

It's blindingly obvious to me that to keep all (Q3) cars fighting to the end of the quali period - they have free reign to use up as many tyres as they wish. If they think they have some lost time on a lap - let them keep going until they decide thats the best I can do... And it's not as fast as LH.

Holding off competing because they don't want to compromise the race strategy is the flaw here

• 3 weeks later...

I was always under the impression by comments from other drivers and team heads that Jenson Button was deemed as the hardest working and a PR dream in the paddock.

Mixed bag of feelings about his awful start to the season, part of me is glad to see him in this position but he will be an irritating cry baby as he is not getting his own way. But if he does win he will just be an irritating c#@nt.

Hopefully if he does not owe the sport anything, he will F off after his contract has expired.

I was always under the impression by comments from other drivers and team heads that Jenson Button was deemed as the hardest working and a PR dream in the paddock.

Rosberg and Ricciardo too.

Hamilton is just a turbotosser. Really thinks he's bigger than the sport.

• 4 weeks later...

Rosberg at fault imo, he had the car in the wrong mode according to the Sky footage that Ant Davidson went through

after the race then put Hamilton on the grass

Quite surprised at the stewards result but not bothered in the slightest

Fair play to Max getting his first win