Bailey's Silver Bullet Auto

Lee P

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope they work okay. When I was at at uni, I worked at Halfords part time and was forever removing LED bulbs and changing them for normal ones. Number plate bulbs were always the most common for some reason. They just start flickering after a while.

I hope they work okay. When I was at at uni, I worked at Halfords part time and was forever removing LED bulbs and changing them for normal ones. Number plate bulbs were always the most common for some reason. They just start flickering after a while.

Fitted them today, they look great. Its a nice little upgrade to the normal 501 bulbs :).

Hope they work for more than 5 minutes.

Looking to go to Saturday night special at Santa pod on the 2nd May if anyone is interested :).

Damn, I'd been planning to go to that one with some motorbikists from work until my engine died. :( Would have been good for a catch up. Next time, eh. ;)

Just a little update,

Took the car to the monthly Bluewater meet tonight, car is running superb. Only had it on the 1.1bar setting (circa 600bhp) plenty enough for the roads. Going great at the minute very happy with it!

Off to Santa pod RWYB tomorrow, planning to do a few runs on low boost. Nothing mad as Dragonball is only around the corner. Not going to use the drag radials until later on in the year. Just going to set a benchmark on street tires on the new setup.

Big thanks to SRD for creating this beast! Dad loves it :D

Edited by Chris Bailey (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Haven't updated this in a while.

The supra is back at SRD for an unexpected visit, lately we have been having issues with intercooler pipes blowing at low boost. Also another issue whilst we are on boost. Lee has been kind enough to get the car in even though he is busy. Dad has bought a nice shiny new 4" Mishimoto Intercooler aswell, we are hoping our an easy fix. Here is a picture of what happened when the last intercooler pipe blew off.

Haven't updated this in a while.

The supra is back at SRD for an unexpected visit, lately we have been having issues with intercooler pipes blowing at low boost. Also another issue whilst we are on boost, not sure what it is yet. Lee has been kind enough to get the car in even though he is super busy. Dad has bought a nice shiny new 4" Mishimoto Intercooler aswell, we are hoping our issues are an easy fix. Here is a picture of what happened when the last intercooler pipe blew off, it damaged the N/S/F arch liner, front bumper, bent the lip on the intercooler pipe, clouded up the inside of the headlight. Also a picture of the new intercooler mounted.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/05/bb7cc0e2bb265afc671737ae378cf0d0.jpg http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/05/fabafd3474bd38163009267b77525809.jpg

Chris, that silicone pipe is it the expensive stuff or the cheap eBay stuff? unusual to see that happen to the expensive stuff. just reminded me of the article i read in performance car mag about the silicone piping and how the eBay ones fill it with nasty filler with silicone but the real stuff is near 100% silicone and can handle so much more pressure.

I had the pleasure of speaking with Lee today Amazing guy :)

Chris, that silicone pipe is it the expensive stuff or the cheap eBay stuff? unusual to see that happen to the expensive stuff. just reminded me of the article i read in performance car mag about the silicone piping and how the eBay ones fill it with nasty filler with silicone but the real stuff is near 100% silicone and can handle so much more pressure.

I had the pleasure of speaking with Lee today Amazing guy :)

This is the good SFS silicone Lee supplies. But somehow we blew it! Lee said he's never seen anything like it before.