The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Official 2015 F1 Thread

Nic

Yea, I've read it's something to do with Secondary Impact Syndrome.

In patients who sustains a second concussion when the first one has not fully healed, the brain loses its ability to auto regulate intracranial and cerebral perfusion pressure. This may lead to cerebral edema (severe swelling of the brain) and possible brain herniation. Loss of consciousness after the initial injury followed by secondary brain damage creates ionic fluxes, acute metabolic changes, and cerebral blood flow alterations. All of these characteristics enhance the vulnerability of the brain and greatly increase the risk of death, even if the second injury was far less intense.

Alonso has been declared fit and able to race, I believe it was Alonso's personal physicians who've advised him to sit the first race out.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's being sensible. The likelyhood of a DNF is very high. So why risk another bump on the noggin after the last caused amnesia.

It's funny that KMag gets the chance to repeat his Oz heroics again after all the to and fro about him vs. button!!