The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragonball 2015 - Rotterdamned Again - 15th May to 17th May 2015 - Chat Thread

Branners

DB15v2 is 25th, 26th and 27th September 2015 if that helps people get over the withdrawal symptoms!!

DB16 should be 13th, 14th and 15th May 2016. Somewhere near Riems, Metz, Luxembourg or somewhere near the German border.

There has been a discussion about extending the DBv1 or DBv2 events to 4 days but I'm still working that out in my head.

I think extending it a day would be awesome! Much better, and with it upping the price a little too maybe it would help control the numbers a little as there always seems to be masses that want to come, and can come but simply cant get tickets.

Or maybe just have one or the other as an extra day.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was chatting with Amy the other day about this being longer.

And had an idea for the day/night in the middle.

We do a lot of driving but what if we had an afternoon off from driving and did something as a group.

Like a games day, or used local facilities.

Have a BBQ day with games.

Just a thought

DB15v2 is 25th, 26th and 27th September 2015 if that helps people get over the withdrawal symptoms!!

Gaddammit! I'm working that weekend as well... :( I'm fairly sure I'm destined never to be able to come to a DB event. :( :( :( :(

I'm tempted to make the Sunday a rest day, so everybody can do whatever they want, and then we return on the Monday.

It will push the price up by about £120 I would have thought.

Hotel with a pool with a rest day on the Sunday

BBQ, games etc

Would easily make the £120 extra worth it

Well 861 miles pure fun. apart from the twat in club car run'n over 100mph on a space saver and let his mate drive with no insurance

Thanks to all good times

It was a shame to hear what this member did with the club car which was lent to him for this trip. As you say Paul, running a space saver (which was fitted before getting on the train to France and despite being given various addresses to get a new one sorted, he didn't bother) while speeding in excess of 100mph and driving like a twat is totally inexcusable, then to top it off let his mate drive without the owners permission so was therefore not insured. Then when confronted by a Club Official his mate then proceeds to give attitude about it.

A lot of effort was put in by a number of people for him to have the car for DB15 so it really did put a downer on the weekend :(

Despite all this, to this day there has still been no apology either.

It was a shame to hear what this member did with the club car which was lent to him for this trip. As you say Paul, running a space saver (which was fitted before getting on the train to France and despite being given various addresses to get a new one sorted, he didn't bother) while speeding in excess of 100mph and driving like a $#@! is totally inexcusable, then to top it off let his mate drive without the owners permission so was therefore not insured. Then when confronted by a Club Official his mate then proceeds to give attitude about it.

A lot of effort was put in by a number of people for him to have the car for DB15 so it really did put a downer on the weekend :(

Despite all this, to this day there has still been no apology either.

Yeah, that sucked big time and was definitely not on

It's more the fact he posted a video of his friend driving the supra with no hands :blink: if I knew what was going on I probably would of slapped him! It's people like that who ruin such good events! Tbh JB should of took the keys from him and told him to get his own way back!

When we stopped after the train I heard Darren and JB saying he had gone ahead to a tyre place, clearly that never happened! Just hope it doesn't stop others getting the privilege to use the club car now!

To top things off when I collected the car today the red light for the fuel gauge was on.... This wouldn't have been the end of the world if that was the only issue.... On the way to the garage there was a rattling noise, the type you get when the wheel nuts aren't tight... So before leaving the garage my mate Russel and I had to tighten all the wheel nuts.....

Sad that such a kind gesture has been thrown back in the face of the club/branners

If that was me, the car would at least of had a full tank of fuel, if nothing else as a thank you...

To top things off when I collected the car today the red light for the fuel gauge was on.... This wouldn't have been the end of the world if that was the only issue.... On the way to the garage there was a rattling noise, the type you get when the wheel nuts aren't tight... So before leaving the garage my mate Russel and I had to tighten all the wheel nuts.....

Sad that such a kind gesture has been thrown back in the face of the club/branners

If that was me, the car would at least of had a full tank of fuel, if nothing else as a thank you...

Was it back on the stock wheels rob? That's just dangerous and clearly showing he isn't sorry at all about what happened!