j_jza80

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers guys :)

gone for 8x18 on the front, and 9x18 on the back. Currently ET35, but when I reverse mount the faces they should be around ET25, which will sit almost flush with the arches if my calculations are correct.

The sizes are a little smaller than usual, but they will still take a 235 on the front and a 265 or 275 on the rear when I go single. For now, they will be run with a 235 on the front and a 255 on the rear.

So now you've got the LMs, show us all the Rays that you bought [emoji2]

I wanna see [emoji106]

They're the OEM optional Rays Wheels from a 350z, I was going to get the dimples on the spokes welded up to improve thew looks. They're a good looking wheel, forged so that they are strong and light, and critically replacements if needed are easy to find and relatively inexpensive.

I'll be putting them up for sale on here soon, I've also got spigot rings for them to fit the supra that I will include. :)

Update time :D

After reading about Jack's close escape with his front crank seal, it made me a bit (a lot!) conscious of the same happening to me. I am not in a position to fit an aftermarket ECU yet, so I have stumped for the next best thing:

Stacks.jpg

A couple of gauges from the Stack professional range. The first one is a pretty ordinary 52mm AFR/Lambda gauge, with high/low warnings.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/gauges-auxiliary/stack-wideband-lambda-gauge

The second is a bit more trick, it is one of their Pro Control Oil pressure gauge systems. As well as data logging (which I won't use) and peak recall, it has a very useful aux feature. Upon the predefined high/low oil pressure warning being activated for a short period, it activates a 12v output, which I'm going to use to shut off a relay to the fuel pump signal wire. :)

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/gauges-auxiliary/stack-pro-control-oil-pressure-gauge

As well as the Stack products being the best you can buy, they also look subtle, and should hopefully blend in with the stock dash pretty well. I generally hate aux gauges, but I'm hoping I can integrate these well. :)

In other news, my wheels have arrived :cool:

BBSLM (1).jpg

I'm sending them away today to have the centers powder coated again, as there are a few marks around the wheel nut recesses. I am also having the faces reverse mounted, and hoping they will clear the wheel arches! :D they are currently 18x8j et35 front and 18x9j et35 rear, the reverse mount will add approx 9mm negative offset.

I've also got a set of stock US side repeaters heading my way.

siderepeaters.jpg

The one's on the car are US spec, the others are stock facelift J-spec. :)

Edited by j_jza80 (see edit history)

Wheels look awesome, are you sticking with the same colour in the refurb?

No, having the rims done in the same chrome effect powder coat as yours, but having the spokes done in a paler gold than yours.

Should look like this:

lmpale.jpg

except awesomer because I have genuine BBS center caps thanks to you :D

No, having the rims done in the same chrome effect powder coat as yours, but having the spokes done in a paler gold than yours.

Should look like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]199019[/ATTACH]

except awesomer because I have genuine BBS center caps thanks to you :D

do you mean wheel nuts? :D

That will look epic on a white car, seeing hints of your UK Spec Jay!

I'm using the best elements from all 3 of my cars :) I loved the look of my single when I had it, but body kits don't work on a daily driver IMO.

It's going to look a lot like yours too :D

Although I have something in the pipeline that is going to make it resemble a UK spec even more...

Edited by j_jza80 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I've updated this, but there's been a bit going on behind the scenes :)

I visited the powdercoaters today to collect my wheels, and I'm rather happy with the results...

DSC_0118.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

In the end, I got them to do the centers in Subaru gold, and the rims in regular silver. They've been assembled with reverse mounted faces, and using all new stainless hardware. :cool:

While I was getting them done, I decided to send my shock absorbers in for a refresh too.

Before

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

after

DSC_0117.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

Much better :D

She's going to have the decats fitted on tuesday, which i'm paying to be done so that the lambda probe boss can also be welded in. After that, she's coming off the road next Friday to begin her transformation...